Overall Satisfaction with Slack
Slack is used by my entire organization as an internal communication tool. We use it to track projects and discuss them. Slack has significantly cut down on the number of internal emails and has done a great job of helping us keep information about specific clients or projects all in one place.
- Ability to add different "channels" to track different projects or clients. This way you aren't searching through threads of unrelated messages for information.
- Search functionality allows you to search all of your channels and find information quickly.
- Ability to share emojis and gifs makes communicating fun.
- I would like to be able to preview documents uploaded onto slack. It would be great to preview a PDF or word doc without having to download and open it.
- I wish I could mark certain messages as unread so I can come back to them easily later.
- Because Slack is a free tool, we haven't seen any negative impact.
- It does allow us to spend less time reading emails and trying to figure out what's happening with a project which means we can spend more time doing the actual work.
I think Slack is great for any size team that needs to communicate about and collaborate on projects. If you're looking to decrease the number of emails you receive and have to look at per day, Slack is a great alternative.