Overall Satisfaction with Slack
The way we used Slack was to communicate within the training team, the other thing was to send simple files and photos. For example, because we would work offsite quite a bit we would need to take pictures of the restaurant, using Slack allowed us to send pictures quickly to the director of training and development. It was also easier to use this tool to communicate in the office when we were busy and didn't want to interrupt anyone. We had a fairly enclosed space so this allowed us to talk not only in private within our team.
- Easy to send files and images.
- Easy to download the app and use for in-home use. We used it both on PC and on our phones through the app.
- Requires no training or additional software.
- Slack had a tendency to freeze but we couldn't figure out why.
- It has allowed us to make rapid changes in the restaurants especially if/when there was a problem. This in fact helped in a situation where one of the restaurants was flooded and we needed to send pictures quickly to several managers to get it resolved.
The app and the office app had very little issues. It freezing, as a I mentioned before, could have been more on our end but we never had a problem with it being a permanent issue or a constant issue as it happened rarely. So, the reason I scored it so high is because the app has very little problems, if any.
Do you think Slack delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Slack's feature set?
Did Slack live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Slack go as expected?
Would you buy Slack again?
I think the best use for the tool would be via the app especially if you travel a lot and you have a team (if you are a manager this is exceptionally important). But this app allows you to very easily communicate with anyone fast and efficiently. I think it's also a good way for a small company that doesn't have the room for a board room, you can easily handle small private meetings via Slack.