Overall Satisfaction with SmartSearch ATS
SmartSearch is being used by the organization as a whole. Its main purpose is to increase productivity throughout the company. As there are a lot of documents in play at an insurance company, a program like this brings a lot of value. The business problem it addresses is the lag that exists between way-points in the various business processes. With SmartSearch, there is a level of automation that significantly decreases this lag time, and diminishes the possibility of documents falling between the cracks.
- Organizational Automation - Too often a stack of paperwork on someone's desk takes a long time to process. This decreases the lag time by automatically routing paperwork to the proper party.
- Business Process Transparency - Along with the lag time mentioned above, other parties down the assembly line from a lag point are usually kept in the dark as far as where they are in a given business process. SmartSearch provides everyone involved in a business process or document workflow a clear view of its status, and who to talk to if there is a lag.
- IT Skill Needed - Although the basic functions are easy to implement for anyone regardless of their IT skill level, it takes someone with significant IT aptitude to implement the best parts of the software.
Using SmartSearch ATS
100 - SmartSearch is used by all aspects of the company, regardless of their function within the organization. One group that uses it possibly more than the others is the accounting department - specifically, the accounts payable specialists.
- Accounts Payable (Purchase Requests, External Orders Placed, Routing of Items Ordered, Invoicing, Paying Invoices)
- Customer Re-activation
- Human Resources
While I do not have experience with SmartSearch's competitors, I would renew my use of SmartSearch simply based on the up-front costs of implementing the program. It would be better to continue with a program that is sufficiently meeting my needs than it would be to incur the same up-front costs to implement something else.
Evaluating SmartSearch ATS and Competitors
SmartSearch ATS Implementation
Make sure someone who has a strong IT skill set is present during the implementation.
Using SmartSearch ATS
It is very easy to use from an end-user perspective, but cumbersome to set up without an IT skill set.
Like to use
Easy to use
Feel confident using
- The end-user aspect of SmartSearch is very easy to use - especially when using the web view.