Does it all and does it well
February 17, 2022
Does it all and does it well
Ottawa Police ServiceLaw Enforcement, 1001-5000 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS)
In our Organization we have several locations and hundreds of portable devices, but only one location for the Support Group. Dameware allow us to provide proper support to our employees remotely whenever they have an issue. Since 2020, there is also much work from home around the Organization, so it has become even more indispensable for us. It works perfectly in our environment, it feels like simply having another monitor connected to those devices, the fact the the user do not need to be logged in (or that it can be logged out) fr it to work makes this a great tool for administrators; most of our users do not have the permissions to install/uninstall applications or running Powershell scripts for example, so, being able to log them off, login as administrator, do anything that is needed and have them log back in while we watch to confirm that the issue is fixed has really saved a lot of time and effort.
- Troubleshooting computers remotely without the need for the user to even be around.
- Install software that needs to be installed manually without having to travel.
- Viewing what the user is doing specifically that triggers the issue, making replicating issues way simpler.
- Multimonitor setup. I can see multiple monitors at once, but they show as a long individual screen on my computer, very hard to correctly split in my local monitors; it would be great to be able to get a single application screen per remote monitor so I can bind them to my own monitors individually.
- Catch/Release mouse. whenever my mouse moves over the remote screen the remote computer reacts to it, so, when I am watching a user I cannot move my mouse, it would be great to be able to "request" the remote computer to accept my mouse when I want and release it when I need.
- Positive impact mostly in time saved by Analysts, they do not need to travel to the users' locations and do not have to be guessing what is happening or having to describe solutions step by step over the phone.
- Positive impact in reduced time frames for solving issues, meaning users can go back to their duties sooner and perform better overall.
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Microsoft Intune + SCCM)
SCCM is pretty decent as a Remote Support tool, the main difference is that, as SCCM is much more, it takes long time to load and uses u lots of resources that are wasted if you only uses it to Remote. Dameware Remote Support is specialized software, so it is powerful enough for all your needs, while being light enough to barely make a dent on the system resources.
Do you think SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS)'s feature set?
Did SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) again?
SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) Feature Ratings
Using SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS)
The only support needed is making sure that we do not go over our allotted licenses and renewing it yearly.
Once in place is barely needs attention.