Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
Before SolarWinds we wouldn't know about our network unless someone called us about a problem. And we would manually log in to network devices one by one and check for any issues writing the same commands again and again. Thanks to SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor and other SolarWinds software we can see our whole network at glance and run commands simultaneously on selected devices easily. As the system and network admin of a large scale government university with so many things to do and few personnel, SolarWinds is a lifesaver to me.
- It is easy to implement. Two years ago as a novice sys admin I could set up and start using the software for my whole network so quickly. It was as easy as setting up a social media account. Next, next, done.
- It works. There are lots of people selling lots of software. But at the end of the day so little of them do the job they claim to do. And SolarWinds is one piece of software that really does its job well.
- Good performance. Installed in a VM with decent cpu, ram etc. And it will do its best with the resources at hand.
- Instant support. We purchased the software through retailers yet get the support directly from SolarWinds. It is fast and there are people that really know what they are doing.
- There is something called Network Atlas where we manually download and run it in a different environment. Yet the piece of software is the best thing about SolarWinds NPM. It would be great if it is directly implemented into the software with some ready to use quick templates like VLAN based grouping.
- I think net-flow is a must have for any complete network monitor product but it is an independent piece of software which doesn't really have too many specialties itself. Implementing software like net-flow, engineering toolset etc., directly under SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor would be more convenient.
- Configuring SNMP on devices can sometimes be a pain. If I could give SolarWinds the credentials, ip etc. and let the software do an auto configuration for me, it would be really helpful.
- Some of the most time consuming jobs are done through SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor with little effort.
- HP IMC
A lot easier to configure. Maybe I got used to the software we are currently using or I am not too experienced in the field but I got literally lost in HP IMC not knowing what to do. İ really like SolarWind's next-next done configuration.