Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
I'm currently using SolarWinds to monitor my network performance as well as my devices.
- I love the fact that I can see details of how my network traffic flows. Using the net flow part of Solarwinds provides me valuable information that has allowed to me better design my network base on the traffic flow.
- One thing that Solarwinds helps me in is backing up my Cisco configuration and providing me detail comparison on any changes made on my present and past configurations.
- The visual map layout of my topology allows to see all my network sites, this is good since i'm a visual person, and YES! Solarwinds does email me alerts if there are any issues with any of my network devices. I can see details of what my device issue my be as well as hardware issues.
- In my experience on configuring SolarWinds I have nothing to comment. This is my first network performance software i have used. I guess I can consider myself lucky since we did research on finding the best solution in the market.
- Definitely minimizing application downtime, we have critical application servers in our environment. We can monitor all hardware and software aspects of this and helps provide a window of opportunity to solve any issues.
I think one of the things that stands out to me the most in SolarWinds is the interface. The visual part is so easy to read and gives you a more pleasant way of viewing your environment. In a way it's fun to look at your work..HEY! if you can make you daily task of monitoring pleasant its a big plus for me. I don't like the boring looks of logs and hard-to-figure-out interfaces. I really enjoy working with SolarWinds.
The flexibility of SolarWinds is another feature I like because it can be configure to fully support my network. I can make changes on the fly to monitor certain aspects of my network and once I have what I need, change back to original settings. I can always get the information I'm looking for, and this is an advantage for me.