Reviews (1-25 of 264)
- The layout and feel of the product first and foremost. You can have a product which can do everything under the sun, however if it's lacking visually or hard to navigate, it's not very useful.
- Seamless integration of assets between the various modules of SolarWinds, makes it a breeze to monitor or report on the environment.
- Customisation - All aspects of the software is customisable, whether its reporting or when it comes monitoring configuration, SolarWinds SAM allows you to customise it fully to your environment so you achieve the best outcomes when it comes to monitoring and alerting.
- The get the best out of it requires a decent amount of knowledge of the product. In saying that, you could absolutely get the basics up and running using their how-to's and built in wizards, and with continual use find your way around and customise it further to your environment to best serve your organisation/objectives.
Because of the vast differences in technology, whether hardware or software, and the various methods SolarWinds was able to poll and interrogate those systems, this allowed us to implement a single tool to monitor, alert us, as well as pinpoint faults of different systems and technology all from one "Portal."
Having multiple approaches or systems all monitoring different aspects of your environment means there is a chance information gets lost, individual systems to continually manage and update with no integration between any of them.
It does work well, however can be a little noisy with email alerts if you don't put some effort into tuning resource thresholds for VMs especially.
- The dashboard is easy to use and very informative
- Notifications are customisable
- Setting up polling is easy without the need for agents on each system
- Polling agents are useful for cross firewall applications and scalability
- Alerting and setting thresholds can be difficult to ensure you aren't notified spuriously
- Documentation on remote access permissions and tight firewall rules was a little hard to find. Some example group policies would have been helpful to allow monitoring without compromising security
- The online update feature, where you use the system to deploy updates to other polling agents etc never worked for us, potentially because our system is quite locked down. We had to use the offline manual installer and the process wasn't as smooth as you would want
- Monitoring Method Flexibility
- Great Out of the Box monitoring templates
- Ability to write own script
- All infra in one view
- Cloud Services monitoring out of the box
- Transactions monitoring
- application dependencies can be improved further
- reduce dependency on agent
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor helps monitor the status or some of our most important applications. It has the capability of letting us know when an application goes down which helps us fix the issue faster.
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor helps monitor the resources on servers. By knowing the key components of the server such as CPU, RAM, and storage, we can forecast whether we need to increase or decrease resources on any server.
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor helps us by sending real time alerts when issues occur related to servers that we are monitoring.
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor has been extremely helpful for our organization. I can't think of anything to improve on.
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor was able to give info on certs that are going to expire, which helped us renew before they caused an outage.
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor module gave us insights into resource utilization for multiple servers due to which the debugging and fixing of issues was very easy.
- Alerting is broken for us. When we asked about it, we were told it is a bug and to upgrade our SolarWinds. It is a very huge upgrade. We didn't even get a workaround.
- Support is sometimes very slow.
- Monitor your network very deeply
- Fast resolutions to the issues
- Safe and fast system performance
- Should be more Interactive to lots of applications
- Data collection should be more easy
- If application crashes whole network is at risk
- Ease of use, simple and easy to set-up and issue.
- Priced right for our organization.
- Having so many modules, can take some doing to understand what you need or want.
- Additional mobile app/device monitoring.
- AppInsight for Exchange gives us stats on DB sizes, mailbox sizes, errors, ETC.
- Email alerts let people in our organization who don't normally log into Solarwinds, get notified of any possible problems
- Historical reporting lets us see trends over time for CPU, memory, repsonse times, disk space, ETC.
- I, personally, had a hard time figuring out how to add AppInsight for Exchange and had a tough time finding any documentation on it. When I figured it out, it was easy, but took me quite a while (and numerous attempts) to get there.
- The new web reporting is difficult to use. In the end, I love how the reports look, but i have to spend a lot of time to get there.
- We get a lot of alerts that we aren't sure what they really mean. A better explanation of why an alert occurred or what it means could be useful in finding the root cause.
- Very easy to set-up.
- Very easy to administer.
- Not a steep learning curve to get to know the product.
- Creating custom alerts for multiple objects can be cumbersome.
- Adding a user account with a password to use for scanning purposes requires a lot of steps.
- Quickly identify potential issues with applications and their root causes.
- Server resource usage can be kept on top of, with additional resources, added before its needed.
- Its simple and intuitive to use.
- Easy to drill down to get the detail behind the headline information.
- Could have more application insights.
- Ability to monitor and graph specific components of servers and applications.
- A various amount of already built templates ready for deployment.
- Fast and easy set up with subnet scans.
- There is no option out of the box for SAM to show you the process that is consuming the most CPU. To be able to do this you need to ensure that the process/service is actually selected for monitoring (this is a problem as we just want to know frequently the top 5 processes consuming the highest CPU without monitoring them all).
- We find the interface a bit slow sometimes (yet, with this being said, we are currently rebuilding to ensure everything is set up right, as we are not sure if it is an environment or application issue).
- Identifying inefficiencies in data serving environments
- Giving access to multiple services and the behind-the-scenes operations
- Showing a view into backend operations on a production system
- The environment took some effort to set up
- Getting familiar with all of the inner workings and settings is time consuming
- Better response time from support techs when you are needing assistance with the installation
- Provides specific data on how network is performing.
- Allows for easier management of large amounts of servers.
- Creates a more organized way of reporting out on data.
- Training could have been better so more employees know how to correctly use the system.
- Better price point would allow a company to use more product features.
- Ability to add more custom fields.
- Online training
- Identify and monitor critical services on an IBMi platform.
- Identify and monitor critical services on a Windows Server Platform.
- Set thresholds to provide notifications where necessary to address serious issues before it hampers the operation.
- Provide usage reports and other data that can be useful for forming IT Strategy.
- Support aspect of the operation could be better in terms of assisting new customers to get up and running quickly.
- Some of the options can be simplified, broken up into simple vs. advanced properties.
- More access to knowledge is always useful whether that is a knowledge hub or easy access to support engineers for guidance with specific requests.
- To be able to get a snapshot of your infrastructure and identify areas for improvement
The biggest business problem it helps us is that it enables us to continuously run our system with the data coming from SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor.
- Easily view everything you want with templates.
- Installing agents is very easy.
- Easy to generate reports.
- Automatically discover systems environment and after start monitoring instantly.
- Sometimes it gets slow when I want to login.
- Sometimes you can make it difficult to configure.
It is very useful to be able to detect any type of problem, from very small to [large] problems that can cause severity in any department of the entire company.
- Volume Monitoring is absolutely Essential
- WPM synthetics are cheap and efficient
- Design is Clunky
- Features are burried
- Regular Users do not like it
- Need to spend a lot of time in it to really understand anything going on.
- Alerting- You have the ability to alert on many different things and get pretty granular.
- Dashboard-You can create customized dashboards for different people/groups that can see what they need to see.
- Monitoring- You can also get pretty granular as far as what you want to see, and if they don't have something built-in, things can always be added.
- Some things are kind of hard to find unless you know exactly what you're looking for and where to find it.
- It's a lot to manage for just one or two people.
- Some of the graphs/charts can't be customized in all the ways we want to.
- Gives me the information I need in a dashboard web interface that is easy to read and share with non-IT people.
- It's easy to setup and add new devices to SolarWinds.
- The application is easy to administer and easily installed on virtual servers.
- Needs to be a little easier to set up and manage alerts.
- Mobile viewing could be improved upon
- make it easier to drill down into TCPIP packets from top level views
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor?
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM) delivers application and server monitoring capabilities for IT pros enabling them to diagnose and troubleshoot issues faster. The vendor’s value proposition is that this solution prevents slow applications and downtime from impacting end-users and business services. Users can use this tool to pinpoint the root cause of application issues across various layers of the IT stack.
The vendor says SolarWinds SAM is affordable, easy to deploy, use and customize. Users can automatically discover their systems environment and start monitoring in about an hour. No professional services or consultation needed.
SAM is built on SolarWinds Orion® platform enabling native integration with Network Performance Monitor and other IT management software from SolarWinds.
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Screenshots
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Videos (2)
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Downloadables
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Integrations
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Competitors
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
SAM pricing starts at $2,995.
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Technical Details