Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
We use SAM to monitor all infrastructures within our organization. Database servers, email servers, file servers, etc. and mainly for Windows deployments.
- It's very helpful for identifying DBA type issues before they become a larger problem (SQL Server).
- It's flexible, and the sensors work with many different platforms.
- It's straightforward to set up and deploy.
- It's not necessarily a bad thing, but there is an overload of information once you deploy, so it can be overwhelming to know where to start.
- It has improved our up-time metrics and overall user satisfaction levels.
- It has saved money and time in identifying complex issues with the SQL Server.
Overall flexibility and cost were the major factors in selecting SolarWinds. This is our first enterprise-level tool for monitoring.
SolarWinds SAM is very well suited for windows servers and network administration. We find it very useful with SQL Server, as it can identify granular level problems before they explode into major outages.