Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
In our environment, we use SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor across our organization to monitor servers and applications for various business units. These units are separate but under the corporate umbrella. The tool allows for a unified look at our segmented networks.
- Monitoring server performance and up-time.
- Diagnosing issues with applications.
- Tracking down issues with applications.
- Preventing outages, you know when an issue has occurred rapidly.
- Offer professional services for new installations.
- Offer training on the product, some companies would need training.
- Include Netpath/Netflow.
- The Tool pays for itself quickly. ROI is quick, as downtime cost you time and money.
- One outage can cost you more than the licensing for the product.
- Reports can be generated and given to upper management.
- There are really no negatives about this product, it works as it should.
The tool does what it says, and gives you great insight into your environment. Out of all the SolarWinds products that I have used over the years, my top two are SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor and N-Able. Depending on your business needs, either will do the job, but it depends on your use case. For me, I like to work remote, be able to diagnose issues quickly, and fix issues from anywhere that I have an internet connection.
Before using this product, visibility into our systems was limited. When you use a product like SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, you get insight into metrics that were once unseen. There were constant battles between networking/infrastructure/development teams, and the insights gained by this product, alleviate the finger-pointing and accusations between teams. Developers cannot say "it was network", a network cannot say "Devs need to fix their scripts" etc.. The "blame game" goes away, as you can easily see what or what team has to fix the underlying issue.