Love this product!
March 07, 2014
Love this product!
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SurveyMonkey
My organization uses SurveyMonkey for a variety of reasons, and different departments within the business use it for different purposes. My experience with it as a Human Resource professional has been to mine for internal feedback from our over 300 associates. I regularly utilize the tool to collect exit interview data, collect broad feedback on our company meetings, nominations for our yearly associate awards, feedback from associates on their experience following their first and second months as a new associate, etc. For both the exit interviews and 1 and 2 month follow-ups, I use the information associates provide in the survey to direct our 1:1 conversations that follow. For the HR group, SurveyMonkey allows us to quickly and easily collect data across the organization - whether it's quantitative or qualitative.
- Intuitive use of the program for both the individual administering/ creating the surveys and the individuals completing them. Very little training (if any) is needed to get started.
- Includes suggested templates for potential surveys. Can use them as-is or can build upon them.
- Can export the data in different ways to extract on the data you need.
- I prefer to send out links to my surveys rather than a formal email request through SurveyMonkey. The only issue with the links is that individuals can complete the survey more than once if they access the link through 2 different computers. Would love to find a solve for this.
- Would love to be able to customize the look and feel of the survey more than what is currently available. Having a survey that looks like it was truly built from the ground up by our organization would be awesome.
- Positive: Ability to create a dashboard/ data-driven analysis of why associates leave the business (via exit interview surveys). We use this data to drive actionable insights about our population and seek to move the needle on recurring themes.
- Positive: Ability to customize internal learning/development courses to fit the needs of our population (based on feedback we receive prior to and after our offered courses).
- Positive: Ability to customize staff meeting content to appropriately discuss issues that our population is looking know.
Ease of use, Low cost for ROI, Ability to export and analyze the data, text analysis for free response questions. Our organization's use of SurveyMonkey has been extremely helpful in a variety of situations and a variety of departments. We use it both for internal (associate feedback) and external purposes (mining for consumer data outside of the business). Super helpful tool to gather hard, quantitative data as well as qualitative.
How many people are you planning on sending the survey to? What data are you mining for? Is this something that should be accomplished in a focus group instead? SurveyMonkey is perfect for our purposes, since it's a quick way to get feedback from a very large, very broad group.