Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Desktop
Tableau has increased our business and productivity exponentially. Tableau helps to make data-driven decisions with confidence, solve harder problems more easily, and uncover new insights more frequently. It is the backbone of our analytics department and it is used by us throughout the analytical life-cycle from data preparation to deep analysis, to the shared insights that drive the business forward. Because of it, we are able to call out patterns and anomalies and it has helped us enormously in fraud detection as we will be recognizing the trends in the data which we use to feed the tool.
- Tableau offers incredible data visualization tools and the ability to parse massive data-sets in a very limited time. Its plethora of different chart formats and tools allow you to show data almost any way, making it easy to adapt visualizations to differing needs and tastes.
- Tableau is great for creating a combined dashboard with multiple databases as the source. This is one of the main features that the Tableau can connect to almost any data source and import the data easily and quickly.
- The support for natural language query is invaluable. It helps people of all skill levels quickly discover actionable insights because they don't have to learn any particular language to get on-board with it.
- The charts and graphics that tableau makes are easy for even nonanalytical people to understand, ideal for end-users of information as well.
- When we are importing data from multiple sources and the data is huge, it sometimes tends to lag and have also crashed sometimes.
- Tableau Desktop lacks the basic functionality of cleaning and prepping the data to be imported in Tableau Desktop. This is one of the major features which it lacks, you need additional support from Tableau to get these things added.
- It has the annoying habit that saved database connections must be re-authenticated every time you open the program, which is a complete waste of time and effort to do it, again and again, each time.
Tableau Desktop is the market leader when it comes to creating interactive and appealing graphs and charts. The beauty of the tool is that is can work with almost any kind of back-end source and in real-time take the data and present you with an amazing insight based on the data. The drag and drop functionality is very handy compared to other software which isn't that easy to get going.
Tableau Desktop is best suited when you want to create appealing and informative data visualizations. It is used extensively by organizations to draw conclusions and insights by feeding it with data from multiple sources and the source could be any back-end system, even cloud infrastructure. The graphics in Tableau are very simple and make it easy to get information across different groups of people. The brand new dashboard and story features where various worksheets can be combined to tell a story and that makes it different from the other similar software available in the market.