August 17, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is a great programmatic partner. We have used them to run mobile and desktop campaigns. They helped us run campaigns on different GEOs across the globe. Their level of service is really good and they have a unique supply which helps us achieve our client goals, no matter if they are brand goals or performance targets.
- They provide a unified ID that allows you to identify users across the web.
- Their performance algorithms work really well, meaning campaigns usually hit their desired CPA.
- Plenty of reach across the globe in all GEOs.
- More data providers.
- I would love to get faster support via email.
- The platform is not very easy to use.
- The Trade Desk had a positive ROI on our campaigns as we hit our desired CPA.
- It has allowed us to shut off other DSPs reducing costs.
- Their fees are not extremely high, so ROI did not take a big hit.
The Trade Desk is not as focused on connected TV as AppNexus. Also, they are more open as AppNexus is mostly focused on building a walled garden, while The Trade Desk is focusing on making the internet more open. However, they lack the exclusive publishers that AppNexus have. Still, they are easier to use, cheaper and have better service.
The Trade Desk works very hand in hand with agencies and they are suited for performance and branding as well. However, it is still hard to merge that data on an independent ad server and centralize it on an independent reporting hub to understand the full customer journey with search, programmatic, and social.