Overall Satisfaction with The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is a great partner and we have worked together on a number of campaigns. They work as our programmatic arm and they are a great DSP that leverages their technology to achieve very good CPAs while taking advantage of their vast reach. We have never encountered any problems working with them.
- Their technology is very good. We have gotten great results working with them.
- They have vast coverage across the globe.
- They are able to do cookie matching, vastly increasing the reach of the campaigns.
- They are not very transparent in terms of margins and fees.
- They need to get more video inventory, there is not enough.
- The reporting they provide is a bit limited.
- The Trade Desk has helped us get more budget from clients by delivering results.
- It has allowed us to buy cheaper inventory than other online channels.
- It has allowed us to not invest on our own DSP solution and use theirs.
- MoPub, Vungle, Cheetah Digital Marketing Suite (formerly Experian) and AppLovin
The Trade Desk is more universal and widely known than their competition. They will be able to provide you with a lot of inventory, but the competition is more oriented towards specific objectives. Vungle specializes in video, MoPub on in app traffic and AppLovin on high impact formats. For general uses, The Trade Desk is a safe choice.
The Trade Desk is best suited for campaigns that are performance oriented. They are able to provide good CTRs and low CPAs. I would not use them for branding as those kinds of campaigns mostly need connected TV inventory as wells as videos and there are better alternatives in the market for that niche.