TOPdesk? Simply the best.
February 18, 2019
TOPdesk? Simply the best.
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TOPdesk
We use TOPdesk to register IT-related incidents. The program is used primarily by the IT department but other departments are seeing the benefits of TOPdesk and some of them are starting to use it as well.
25 - The departments that are currently using TOPdesk are IT, Facilities Management and our Laboratory/POCT team.
- Registration of incidents is very easy and doesn't take a lot of time. By pre-configuring options for the registration process, you can add a first or second line incident very quickly with all the information needed for the person who is going to solve the problem.
- Registering new hardware is simple and goes very quickly. For example, adding 100 new laptops (all the same model of course) is done in a few minutes time. Just add one complete new item and after saving this item you can copy 99 more. Just change the serial number and your ready.
- If anything goes wrong with the program, or you just simply do not know how to register something or how a certain list has to be made, you can just call or e-mail the TOPdesk tech department and they will help you get on your way again.
- I really cannot think of anything that I miss or would like to improve on TOPdesk. Every update or new version has the right tweaks so you do not have to learn the program all over again and this is a big plus.
- By using TOPdesk as a mechanism for registering incidents, the entire IT department can see which incidents come in and who is solving the most of them. It is always nice to see your name on top of the list of who solved the most incidents this week or month. This way everybody is encouraged to give that little bit extra.
Implementation of the program was done in a day. After the installation or upgrade of the program, it can be used and does not have to be changed for a user before he/she can use it. The reason we use TOPdesk at my company (since 2008/2009) was that there was a need for better registration than just writing incidents down on a piece of paper. By registering them in TOPdesk, you can make lists of solved incidents and easily see how much time they took to solve. After using the program for 10 years with a previous employer it was not a very hard decision to start using it at SHO, my current company, as well.
Support is simple. You call or e-mail them and they will help you. Whether it is a question about upgrading to a new version or a more in-depth problem with the program, the right person will contact you. A lot of companies can learn from TOPdesk in that way.
Adding new hardware quickly in your CMDB can be done within minutes. You can also create a list of specific incidents for a customer so you can easily see how many hours you have to register on a monthly invoice.
Features or scenarios where Topdesk is less appropriate? If you have less appropriate situations, you're using the wrong program in my opinion! You do not use MS Word to make a spreadsheet either right? And still Word is a good program for what it does, so use a program for what it was meant. TOPdesk is a good program to add hardware to your CMDB, register incidents quickly, and create a variety of lists. And, of course, TOPdesk as a program will evolve because the industry will come up with new ideas for service desks and IT.