I used Ultipro as an HRIS Supervisor while working for Spirit Airlines. Ultipro was used as the company's HRIS database, and fed into ADP for payroll purposes. I conducted the initial employee on boarding, time and attendance, pay rate changes, status changes, annual benefits open enrollment, and terminations via Ultipro.
- User friendly. I have experience with ADP Workforce Now, and I find Ultipro to be easier on the back end for Managers. Ulitpro allows you to make the necessary employee changes as needed. With ADP, I found my hands always tied, and I had to call ADP and sit on the phone if I ran across any issues.
- Employee Deductions - Adjusting the tier rates was super easy.
- New Product File Feeds- I was able to link Ultipro to feed into multiple other vendors I used, such as Aetna, Delta Dental, VSP, Ceridian. The implementation process was simple, but long and time consuming. It made my life easier clicking a button once a week to shoot enrollment information over to carriers.
- Reaching customer service can be difficult. My representative always acted annoyed when I called.
- Employee Training - I wish Ultipro had more handouts or videos to educate employees and Managers on how to navigate it.
- Manager and Employee Self Service - When we upgraded to the cloud and were require to user the Self Service product, I was getting kicked off a lot, and the product was a lot slower to load pages.
- Ultipro made my life a whole lot easier. I was able to generate reports with ease to give to executives during Union negotiations, employee reviews, and vendor census analysis.
- The cost of the product had an advantage over WorkForce Now. We were paying around $12500 a quarter for an employee base of 2500.
- I do wish customer service was friendly, and when I called I wouldn't be in que for 20 minutes.
- I attended one of Ultipro's report writer training at their Headquarters. The instructor was great, and I learned more than I imagined I would. It was well worth the cost.
- ADP Workforce Now,CompuServe,Paychex
I have used ADP WorkForce Now, CompuServe, and PayChex. So far, my most pleasant experience as an HRIS Manager was with Ultipro. All other systems were lacking and weren't manager or user friendly. ADP has great customer service, but you have to call them for every small change that needs to be made. CompuServe and Paychex's systems don't have the infrastructure to compete for a large organization.
Aside from customer service issues, I was very happy with Ultipro. I find other products to be less user friendly and require you call customer service for every small change that needs to be made. Unfortunately management didn't agree with the system, and were convinced by venders to go another directions.
Ultipro is great for medium to very large companies. I used Ultipro for an employee base of 2500+. I found it extremely easy to navigate. I was able to run and customize multiple reports auto-generating out to management, making my life a whole lot easier. Out of Ultipro,Workforce Now, Compuserve, and Peoplesoft, I would say Ultipro is my favorite HRIS system.