April 10, 2014
HR Systems Analyst/Admin at CSC
Corporation Service CompanyLegal Services, 1001-5000 employees
Score 8 out of 10
- payroll, global, UTA, ESS/MSS
We pay employees of course. We are getting ready to implement UTA. We are also setting up global component companies for employees in 9 other countries, and establishing an integration with Celergo. We are using ESS on a limited basis and would like to better leverage this. We are not using MSS and would like to better leverage this.
- Service is better than we've had with competitors. We've used some of the major players in the marketplace, and their service is poor.
- They are exponentially picking up speed in product development. Moving more rapidly than they did two years ago to improve product offerings.
- Free training!!!! Need I say more !?
- Sometimes changes in the past have not been well communicated or impact to customers considered.
- Continue to make all HCM modules as robust as competitors. We are using a different recruiting module, and I would love to move all HCM needs to Ulti, but I have to show others that Ulti products will provide the same or better functionality, and that is sometimes not the case.
- Too much change in your named support - ERM, NSRs etc. We've had some NSRs in past that have not been great. With USG being such a great employer, they can hire cream of crop, and sometimes the individuals we've had don't feel they've reflected that.
- Workflows need to be more configurable. Need better configurability overall, such as being able to hide a specific field on certain web pages rather than have to have customs.
- Security set-up. We aren't leverage MSS because it is cumbersome to assign/maintain what records a leader can see.
- Employee self-service, even with limited use, has really cut down on admin work. Employees updates their own addresses, direct deposits, W-4 etc.
- We expect Time and Attendance to give large gains in ROI, but haven't implemented yet. I spoke to a lot of UTA customers though who really loved the product.
I think Ulti is on a very positive path in direction. Hopefully it will meet our global needs as they are indicating they can.
If global - how many employees and what countries? I recently heard that the global partner Celergo may not be able to process depending on the count in a particular country. Be sure to discuss specific needs around employee and manager self-service to see if it will meet your needs, and what would have to be extra work/$ in customs.