UltiPro the Ultimate?
Updated May 01, 2017
UltiPro the Ultimate?
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
I've used/use Ultipro for HRIS, payroll, benefits and time management.
- What I expect from an HR/payroll system is reliability and accuracy and UltiPro exceeds in both these areas.
- I like the balance of having a configurable system that does not require vendor intervention for certain changes, but does have support available when you need it.
- Customer service is great. There was a short time when they were experiencing growing pains were this suffered, but now they are back on track with great response times.
- I love that it can be used from any web browser. This allows employees and managers to approve time and have access to data from any computer or mobile device.
- UltiPro Time Management could use reporting improvements. The reporting capabilities are much less robust than the core system. That being said, though, I think for some people, the "simplicity" is comforting to them.
- The salary planning module needs to allow tons more flexibility, but it's not a core offering, so I don't see this as being high on the list of their priorities.
The UltiPro core systems, payroll and benefits are very solid. This is their core business. They are working on other modules, but these are the cream of the crop. UltiPro Time Management works ok, but if you have a robust time management need (e.g. union rules, lots of shift differentials, etc.) I would recommend using a different time management system. Right now UltiPro is not a great fit for recruiting, performance management and salary management, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find an HR system that is affordable and can do everything you need to manage the full employment life cycle.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
They often respond within the same business day, and most issues are resolved within one or two emails/phone calls. Everyone has room for improvement, and one of those areas for their customer service is that sometimes they miss special instructions and use the primary contact information vs an alternate phone number or contact. Overall though I'm very happy with their customer service.