Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends
We backup our entire organization with Unitrends. Business problems addressed are:
- Backup and recovery of critical data
- Availability of data in the event of loss caused by file corruption, any type of malicious activity or man-made or natural disaster
- Recovery of historical data for business as well as legal reasons.
- Backs up the data without glitches. this is what it's primary purpose is.
- Gives good notifications. You want to know whether or not your backup is successful.
- All agents are included for no extra charge. Makes for ease of use and no hidden costs
- User interface takes some getting used to. Although I've heard they've completely revamped it. I haven't been able to upgrade to the new interface yet so I can't comment on it.
- The old GFS scheme is out the window unless you want to keep track of it manually.
Unitrends works well in my environment. I back up up from a different location than the data over a 1Gbps WAN link. It provides capability to back up VMs but I prefer to let my storage plug-ins do that so I save space on the backup device. It backs up my CIFS share on my NAS well.
Unitrends Feature Ratings
They are always updating and improving the user interface making it easier to use. The different operations are organized in a logical manner that makes sense from a user perspective.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using