Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery
We backup all of our virtual servers and file shares, sending our critical information to their DRaaS.
- Support! Whenever I have needed help, I've received it immediately or promptly.
- It just works. Isn't that the best part of a backup solution? I never have to think about it.
- Recovers from a failed backup usually without intervention by triggering a full backup.
- Costs less than similar solutions.
- Scheduling UI becomes difficult to edit when the schedule is busy.
- Updates are not applied automatically.
- Freed me up for other tasks. I was spending 1-2 hours a day on backups.
- We've had to recover from programmer's mistakes more than once. Unitrends allowed for a prompt recovery to a test environment where we could grab the data we needed for production.
- Made our BCDR planning very easy. If all is lost, we just need an Internet connection to get our ERP back up and running.
Do you think Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery's feature set?
Did Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery go as expected?
Would you buy Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery again?
- Veeam ONE, Quest Rapid Recovery (formerly AppAssure) and Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM)
While all of the products I evaluate could do the job and I have experience with them all, Unitrends' solution is just easier and more affordable. All solutions have negatives, but Unitrends' are so easy to live with that I had no reason to make a change. I'd also put their support up against anyone. You can almost always get someone if you need them, but I almost never need help.
We have a traditional stack and pretty typical needs as a manufacturer. I have used and evaluated everything out there, but the Unitrends solution fits very well and was competitively priced. I would think if it fits us, it could fit anyone like us with a similar stack.