Overall Satisfaction with UserZoom
We started using UserZoom a year ago, and now that it's time to renew the contract I'm looking at other alternatives. We got the application mostly to do remote un-moderated task-based usability testing, and one of the main reasons we got UserZoom is because it allows you to set up the tests but use your own participants. This is something we need because our users are "members" and not regular consumers. Currently, it's only being used in my department (UX).
- Their support team and customer service are very good, all staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.
- Most testers we've used from their supplied tester panel, although it was not many, were pretty good at vocalizing during the test and expressing their opinions.
- The user interface is pretty bad, looks dated and it's not very intuitive.
- The task-based remote un-moderated tests have also a UI problem, it uses browser windows being repositioned and has some issues with dual monitors and passing the browser's approval to use the cam and mic.
- Validate suspected usability issues by having users validate our hypotheses
- Provide a starting point to build a usability testing department, part of the UX department