Overall Satisfaction with Viewpoint Spectrum
Spectrum was purchased by our organization in 2013. It was purchased to alleviate the cumbersome nature of a green screen legacy system. It was also purchased as a means to eliminate double entry as we have a service department and larger commercial division. It helped us do everything all in one system where everyone could access it. Mainly the biggest win for us is the double-entry.
- Job Costing - It has various reports that break down the jobs in many ways.
- Document Imaging - It has the ability to store documents for every module.
- Service Tech - Our techs get very frustrated using this module. It doesn't work a lot of the time or is slow. Could use some major updating.
- User Interface - The user interface has not been updated in 6 years. There are a lot of clicks to get where you need to be. It would be nice if it was more user-friendly and intuitive.
- Double Entry - We spend less time double entering wit the use of PTE and Work Order module.
- Service Tech is a major heartburn area for us as we'd really like to get more efficient in the field with work order and time but the app just isn't there yet and the browser version is a toss up on any given day as to what will happen when trying to enter stuff.
Support has not been great since merging with Viewpoint. I've sent several letters up the chain about this. It has made me want to leave the software altogether on more than one occasion. I spend a lot of time on hold, and on numerous occasions now we've sat around for days waiting for a response only to be told the person on the phone never actually made a ticket for that, or that the online system didn't alert them of our case. We used to be able to call and get someone immediately and have the problem solved by a knowledgeable person. Now it's hit or miss and you could be on hold forever. The online training academy is nice but it's still not in-depth enough for me to not have to sit and babysit someone through a training period.
The only other product I have to integrate with is Teams and it does it pretty well.
- Foundation Software and ComputerEase Construction Software
I have only evaluated the products. I chose Spectrum because it was (at the time) relatively inexpensive or on par with the others and seemed like the best option that fits our business model. It has not proven to be very costly for what we are getting in my opinion and nothing has really changed substantially in 7 years, other than being acquired and having big conferences.
I used to love Spectrum when we first got it. It was nice not having to double enter, and that all the field input could tie back very quickly. Unfortunately, since being acquired by ViewPoint I feel that the support model has fallen off and there is a lot of "brokenness" that occurs. The fees for the software do not justify the support I get or the updates to Spectrum itself. There have been advancements in the software but not on anything I use specifically. Service Tech looks promising with the new app, but it's still frustrating to roll something out that's only half usable.