Vimeo Pro: A Must Have
March 09, 2019
Vimeo Pro: A Must Have
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Vimeo Pro
At my current role, we do a lot of video work for our clients (particularly B2B marketing). This involves a LOT of graphic-heavy videos/video production. Clients want to be able to see progress. Vimeo Pro is a great tool because it allows us a lot of storage space for our client work, and it helps us share the content.
- The support for our videos is fantastic – there's no loss in resolution/compression...all of our videos are crystal-clear.
- We can customize the privacy links of our videos so that we can upload an incomplete project just to show a client current progress (way easier than FTP transfer in most cases).
- Vimeo Pro lets you see stats on your videos. Which ones have the most clicks/watches, etc. It's been great for our target marketing.
- Vimeo Pro lacks the capacity to have a playlist of videos in a coordinated sequence that kind of revolves around a certain topic – you have to do some clicking around sometimes.
- Processing times for videos can be a bit...time-consuming. Especially when you have clients that demand everything "yesterday."
- If you're trying to market your video on Vimeo, it's a bit tough considering Google or Bing doesn't always show Vimeo results in contrast to YouTube videos.
- Our clients are happy with the quality of the videos we upload – which makes us look good and keeps them coming back for repeat business.
- Vimeo Pro is very affordable – $20+/month. We don't really even have to account for it in our budget.
- It helps us with video storage – if we lose something on our internal drive, we can rely on the cloud service with Vimeo.
We've tried YouTube in the past, and it's just not as good as Vimeo. Vimeo is a software that's built for professionals. And while it doesn't have the "marketability" of Youtube, it looks and FEELS better than a traditional YouTube setting, which is quickly becoming a platform that's phased out of our industry.
If you're a production house who does a lot of video work, Vimeo Pro is a MUST HAVE. There's no loss in quality when uploading videos, the layout is easy to navigate and clean, and it's a much more professional setting than YouTube. The service, quality, and customer care that Vimeo offers its users is basically unparalleled.