Vimeo Reviews

April 07, 2021
We used Vimeo Ondemand to sell access to high quality mountain films.
  • Easy to get going
  • Cost - expensive for what you get
  • Analytics - very hard to get information about sales or users
  • Customer service - help desk [seems] weak and customer service essentially [feels] non-existent
Vimeo would be a good choice a small company wanting to quickly implement a once-off event. If a company is going to be grossing over $50,000 per year, [I feel] there are several platforms which will cost less and deliver a superior guest experience. Also, practically any other platform will provide you with more information about your guests and their viewing habits.
April 22, 2020
Marissa Roth | TrustRadius Reviewer
Vimeo is used by one department at the organization's headquarters. Videos that are produced and uploaded can be viewed by the entire organization. Now more than ever, our organization is depending on modern technology to educate and engage members worldwide. Vimeo provides a solution to educating members near and far, especially now that most of the world is working remotely/virtually. Not only does this allow the organization to educate others in light of a pandemic, but it also provides a method of ongoing and on-demand learning in the long-term.
  • User-friendly interface for administrators of the account and external viewers. Being able to easily navigate a new platform or software is ideal for anyone.
  • Seamless sharing and embedding across many platforms. Vimeo is well-recognized so it makes it easy for other platforms to recognize Vimeo. The compatibility is outstanding.
  • As an administrator of the account, being able to select viewing privileges may seem like a basic function, but it's so necessary right now with how heavy our organization is utilizing the platform. We can mass upload content early and only release it for the public over time by simply changing it to a public video.
  • In the past, I have had trouble locating the account of others to follow. It very well could be user error, however, finding others within the organization has been a challenge.
  • The navigation pane on the left-hand side could be more thorough than the basic "Home, Video and Create" options available.
  • I would like to see more comprehensive editing features to videos being uploaded. Trimming, audio, and other options should be readily available.
I think Vimeo is well-used by organizations or people interested in placing the videos within another platform (within an app, embedded in a website, etc.) rather than someone looking for a video platform for social media purposes. I would say Vimeo is a wonderful business solution rather than a personal outlet.
I have only needed support twice and in both cases, support was provided punctually. The service agent went as far as explaining how the issue could be avoided in the future, how to troubleshoot, and get ahead of any questions that may surface down the road.
Read Marissa Roth's full review
May 05, 2020
Marquita Angelina | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our firm has a doctors newsletter subscription that thousands and thousands of doctors subscribe to nationwide, and we also host live webinars.
  • Nothing I can really think of.
  • Customer support - it sucks with only canned responses, and I don't think you're ever speaking with a real person via email.
  • Allowing for video editing on line (at least being able to cut videos).
  • Better uploading experience for the end user (don't have any issues with other video hosting providers).
Vimeo's customer support has been quite disappointing. While their usual and customary canned responses are suitable for small tech issues, don't ever get into a real problem with their platform, because they will NOT respond to inquiring emails and continue to send canned responses. The only caveat is when I actually called Livestream's enterprise customer sales support, and the rep did help me, although we are NOT supposed to contact by phone. For that, I give them a 3, just for her kindness.

Our firm paid for the business pro for 900/year. Our firm also has a doctors newsletter subscription that thousands and thousands of doctors subscribe to nationwide, and we also host live webinars. Livestream/Vimeo has a significant deficit when it comes to any kind of editing capabilities and uploading (even just cutting out a frame or 2). For some reason, if our webinars were public and not exclusive to subscribers, we can place the video on YouTube without issue. Vimeo's platform is another story (for when we have to download, edit, and re-upload). We are now seeking out other (more proficient and better) platforms and WOULD NOT recommend Vimeo's Top Tiered Subscription for $900/year unless you're okay with no real help and canned responses when you actually need a person on the other end of that email. Again, we serve thousands of thousands of subscribers, don't charge as much as Vimeo, and provide much better customer support to our users/subscribers. Shame on you, Vimeo!!! Shame on you!
You can read my previous written summaries to see why in detail. But to sum it up, it's their overall email customer support as to why I give this review. Again, if you look at my previous details, I did my best to remain objective in my review. I gave them credit for their strengths, but indeed, I did also rant about their weaknesses.
Read Marquita Angelina's full review
June 16, 2020
We are an online yoga resource center. We use Vimeo primarily to host our pre-recorded videos and embed it into our website (urbanyogisg.com). With the onset of covid, we upgraded our account from Business to Premium in order to use their live stream capabilities for live yoga classes. We are a small organization of two owners and approximately 10 teachers who all log into the Vimeo account in order to stream our scheduled classes. We embed the pre-recorded videos as well as the live streams into our website so our customers view the classes directly from our website.
  • Customizable videos to suit our brand.
  • Ease of use and ease of organizing all of our videos.
  • Ability to embed with customizable features.
  • Customer service needs improvement.
  • Streaming is slow and unreliable.
  • Videos often buffer and skip.
Vimeo is well suited for users who do not rely heavily on videos as a product. Perhaps if a company uses videos for marketing purposes. However, if the videos or live streams themselves are your product, I would tread carefully. We lost quite a few customers because the video and stream quality were less than desirable.
Terrible support. When I subscribed to Premium we were guaranteed support. However, after the first e-mail I received from them, I never heard from them again. I sent several emails over the course of a couple of weeks acknowledging that due to covid, I did not expect a miracle overnight and that I was keen to work on the issue with them. I have not heard from customer service at all. This is very disappointing. We lost customers due to the poor quality of the livestreams and were left to sort the issue out without their help.
February 29, 2020
Jonah Dempcy | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Vimeo for 11 years in both a personal and professional capacity, primarily for the hosting of product demo videos and screencasts. I first began using Vimeo to host short instructional videos on a jazz lessons blog that I made. I preferred Vimeo to its competitors then because there was such a great community of artists and creators, and Vimeo seemed much more sophisticated and high-brow. I felt I was in good company among other content creators and the user interface was sleek and elegant. Later, when I worked at Surefield, a real estate company started by a cofounder of Redfin, we used Vimeo exclusively for our customer-facing product demos. Now at Bluefire, we use Vimeo whenever we need to demonstrate a particular feature to a client through a screencast, or put together short instructional videos. Vimeo allows us to deliver video content in a sleek package that gives the appearance of being more professional and sophisticated than its competitors, in my opinion.
  • Image and Branding - Vimeo has always had an edge on design and branding versus its competitors like YouTube. Using Vimeo as a content delivery platform gives the appearance of being luxurious and having a high-end product.
  • Video Configuration - I've used YouTube through multiple iterations of their video management and configuration options, and Vimeo has continued to beat it hands down, both in ease of use and robustness. I can easily organize my Vimeo videos into tags and playlists while I still struggle with YouTube, where it is quite laborious.
  • User Interaction - Vimeo allows you to capture user email addresses for email lists with ease, something its competitors have not figured out yet. You can easily split your video into chapters and hyperlink from within the video to other areas, features which competitors like YouTube have in some form but not nearly as easy to use or well-implemented as Vimeo.
  • Video Analytics - Vimeo has a full-featured analytics suite that helps content creators understand user interaction and engagement with their videos.
  • Versioning and Collaboration - Vimeo has workflows for video history and for collaboration where you can have a content creator upload a video which enters a pipeline for an editor to approve. I have not used these workflows, but it's pretty cool that they have implemented features like this.
  • Custom Micro-Sites - I have only ever embedded Vimeo videos in websites that I've created, or sent them as links to clients, but I have seen well-designed micro-sites for content creators built using Vimeo. Overall, Vimeo does design and branding very well. Their micro-sites look much better, visually speaking, than competitors like YouTube whose equivalent feature, the YouTube Channel, just seems dry in comparison.
  • Price - For the full featureset of Vimeo, you will be paying $900 a year as of 2020, and this is expected to only go up over time. Thankfully, Vimeo offers lower tiers with less functionality, and most people will not need the unlimited streaming viewers or whopping 7 TB of storage that you get for the highest level of membership. But it is still a premium price for a premium service.
  • "Suggested" Algorithm - The equivalent of YouTube's suggested videos feature is the Vimeo Staff Picks, which recommends curated content from their team of editors. While this content generally has a high level of production, it is not especially relevant to the video you are watching, or to your watch history as a user. I rarely watch suggested videos in Vimeo.
  • Search - The Vimeo search page is beautiful, having huge thumbnails of videos with a clean, visually-appealing layout. However, the results themselves leave much to be desired. When I search for "jung" to try to find videos on Swiss psychologist C. G. Jung, of the first 18 results, not a single result is actually about C. G. Jung. On Youtube, the first 14 results are all about Jung. When I search for "c. g. jung" on Vimeo I find a number of relevant results, so it's not that the videos are not available in Vimeo. Rather, the search algorithm is not returning relevant results.
Vimeo is perfect for content delivery from a business to a user where branding, design, and image is of the utmost importance. Vimeo is a boutique premium video delivery platform that puts a lot of care and attention to detail into their features, so choosing them as a service to deliver videos to customers shows that same care and concern. The brand has a luxury bespoke feel. It is suitable for small companies and content creators who are design-conscious, as well as larger companies for whom the branding fits. Vimeo has always had an artsy vibe, for lack of a better term, being the preferred video delivery platform for artists, musicians and videographers, compared to YouTube which is often joked about because of its notorious comments section, although this has gotten much better in recent years. There are other competitors to Vimeo as well, but none of them have the high-end, boutique branding that Vimeo has.

I would say Vimeo is less suitable for certain verticals like gaming (where Twitch and YouTube are more appropriate), or utilitarian purposes like instructional videos on how to fix your car, say. Vimeo is also not as suitable for applications where branding is not a concern.
I have never contacted Vimeo customer support, but the forums and web support available, and tutorials for advanced features of Vimeo, are all quite excellent. Given the company's image of being a premium video content delivery service, I imagine that Vimeo's support is excellent. So, I am ranking Vimeo 10 even though I have never had the need to contact customer support, because of the excellent support available online through forums and videos, and because of the image they have cultivated of being a smart, responsive company.
Read Jonah Dempcy's full review
February 27, 2020
Julianna Oates | TrustRadius Reviewer
My company uses Vimeo to publish our completed videos. After our clients' films have gone through each department (videography, editing, etc.), we publish them to Vimeo and add a description that shares the details of the event such as venue or photographer. We use the Vimeo links as sharing links that allow our clients to share their films with friends and family without having to provide individual download links. All our videos on Vimeo have detailed descriptions, tags, and are added to a few specific showcases. Vimeo allows us to share files easily with people anywhere, especially on social media!
  • Vimeo allows us to easily sort our films in to showcases (like folders) for easy filing.
  • Vimeo allows us to add tags that help our videos become more searchable on search engines.
  • Vimeo allows us to share films easily with clients around the world with a simple URL share.
  • Vimeo allows us to set privacy settings for each film so that privacy is always an option for our clients.
  • I wish Vimeo's showcases had their own privacy features. If I create a showcase where the videos within that showcase are private, viewers can still see the title of the video and that it exists in that showcase, they just can't watch the actual video. That seems like a big flaw to me... a private video should be totally private and not able to be seen at all by anyone other than the account holder.
  • I think the way you publish videos to YouTube could be better! I wish the cover image from Vimeo transferred to YouTube when published.
I would recommend Vimeo to colleagues who work in the video world. Vimeo allows for easy and relatively instant sharing of files that are linked back to the creator. The ability to add SEO tags is so helpful as well and helps establish better search engine recognition for my website.
I've contacted Vimeo support a few times over the years when I had a question about one thing or another and they always responded quickly and were helpful. Thankfully, their platform rarely has issues and is very user-friendly so generally when I have a question I'm able to find the answer or solution myself!
Read Julianna Oates's full review
October 15, 2019
Michael Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I work with a small video production team and we use Vimeo (business) to upload dozens of videos a month for client review and internal organization of projects for our portfolio. Every person on our team uses it to host video drafts and with the review page links we're able to send to clients in a clean interface that even offers optional timecoded review notes and versioning. It's been a game changer for our team and we honestly couldn't do without it.
  • Vimeo's Pro and Business plans offer TONS of host space limited only by large weekly limits (unlimited on business level)
  • Vimeo's review tools have improved immensely to match competitors like Frame.io making Vimeo a hugely viable option for client review hosting. They offer easy to use timecoded comments, customizable branding elements, engagements graphs and tools.
  • Vimeo also has a desktop app for Mac and Windows that makes uploading and managing videos a little easier. They've also added plugin integration with NLEs like Premiere Pro.
  • If you are uploading very large videos (event coverage, training, full interviews, etc) you will quickly rip through the weekly upload limits on the free and Pro tiers, requiring the much more expensive business level.
  • I've found the load times and responsiveness on some of the menu screens to be a bit slow. This could be optimized down the road.
Vimeo is great for people or teams that want a solid professional level video hosting platform. It's not great for small social videos or family videos.
I've had to work with support a couple times and they've been extremely timely and helpful.
Read Michael Anderson's full review
March 10, 2020
We use Vimeo to publish our completed client films. The clients get a download link as well as a sharing link which is a Vimeo link. In the video's description on Vimeo we add related project information crediting contributors and in the tags we add SEO related information. Through both the tags and the video description, we have gotten new work from people who found our films on Vimeo!
  • Vimeo allows users to easily search through their body of work in just seconds.
  • Vimeo allows us to tag each film independently based on its content.
  • Vimeo allows us to sort like films into showcases (like folders).
  • Vimeo allows people online to find our films easily.
  • I wish viewers who were looking at our Vimeo channel had the option to search through our work with a search bar so they could type in a word or phrase and our films that related would appear for them. We have that option on our side, but I wish our potential clients had that option within our specific channel.
  • I wish the selected cover image would move over to YouTube when published from Vimeo.
Vimeo has been great! It's so easy to use and the links always work. We love being able to set our back end settings like where our films can be embedded quickly and easily. Vimeo allows us to promote and protect our work all at the same time. I think Vimeo is suited for any media company or person who wants to share their films whether publicly or privately. There are settings for both options!
I've never contacted Vimeo support but that's because I've never had to. The platform is easy to use and easy to navigate. It was set up intuitively so that users can figure everything out on their own. No complaints here! Vimeo is great for us and for our clients as well. All around A+ on our side!
February 18, 2020
My online business uses Vimeo for my clients who sell online courses. My clients can upload their videos to Vimeo, and I can use the easy embed settings to put into the program we use for their online courses. It is insanely easy to use and very reliable. I highly recommend for anyone needing to store videos for access across a team.
  • Vimeo is easy to embed into other sites.
  • Quick uploads compared to Dropbox
Vimeo is great for online businesses needing a place to store their videos. If you are looking to use it for a place to get your content out to new users, then it is more complicated.
When Vimeo crashed, they immediately posted about it in social media and were very upfront about it.
November 15, 2019
We use Vimeo to upload all our company videos and to share them both internally and externally. We monitor stats on view rate and consumption of our visits through Vimeo. All the videos on our site are posted via a Vimeo link. We also use Vimeo to privately share videos within the company.
  • Great video player.
  • Robust and flexible options for embedding videos to your website.
  • Professional analytics.
  • Great customer service (pro-level membership).
  • Seamless uploading and managing of all our companies video assets.
  • It's not as socially robust as YouTube.
  • We sometimes bump into limitations with embedding videos (only in certain use cases).
Vimeo (pro membership) is great for all of our mid-sized companies video hosting and sharing needs. We share our videos via our website (hosted by Vimeo) and share them directly to leads during the sales process. We also use the privacy sharing features to privately share works in progress between our design and marketing teams and key voices as they need to review them. The free version is very limited, and the social features of the site are not nearly as robust as YouTube. Unfortunately, their live streaming service is untenable for us. We looked into it but the support for our needs just isn't there yet.
Vimeo has great customer support for their customers. They're always very quick to respond to our questions (on a pro membership). Unfortunately, we seem to have bumped up to their support limitations when we tried to move forward with their live streaming options. The support we need for this feature just isn't there yet.
August 01, 2019
Matthew Dilworth | TrustRadius Reviewer
Vimeo provides our marketing team a video platform to host internal and public facing videos.
  • Easy upload tools make it a snap to add to your video library
  • Extensive video player customization and playback options
  • Easy to navigate user interface
  • Needs Marketo and Salesforce integration
  • More advanced video gating options
  • Would be nice to order close caption files direct from Vimeo to incorporate in as subtitles and in different languages
Perfect solution for those just getting started building out their video library that plan to simply embed the video files or point traffic directly to the Vimeo page. Lacking advanced marketing toolsets like Vidyard and Brightcove might offer.
Read Matthew Dilworth's full review
March 06, 2019
Hanaa Ibham | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Vimeo as the primary video publication across the whole company, but we mainly use it in the Video department. It is very convenient when sharing the videos with the audience and using the videos on the website. We have separate albums for each of our clients and we can privatize the video as needed. As a digital marketing company, we have to make sure we provide the videos efficiently and in high quality and Vimeo allows us to achieve that, we can upload larger files as well. We also have to provide the stats for each and every video we publish to the clients. And in Vimeo, we can get the views, impressions and the source each video was viewed, which is great. The amount of customer support is also great whenever I do come across any issue, I contact them and get a response shortly. I have come across some issues when deriving older stats for video but got the issues resolved by contacting the support. Sometimes there are streaming issues, but they are usually resolved using different browser.
  • Increased storage space is definitely a plus.
  • Definitely more secure, than other video sharing platforms.
  • I love the auto-expiring links that we can share with clients on limited time offers.
  • Downloading the videos are very convenient compared to other video sharing platforms.
  • The Vimeo videos do not appear on search engine results, it would be better if search engines can find them.
  • The search option can be made better. Looking up for old videos are a hassle sometimes.
  • Can have CC autogeneration option, it would be better.
Vimeo would be the best platform to store videos securely, share them with your audience. Definitely, the quality is ensured and uploading/downloading is very convenient. Specific purpose videos, where you share manually, this would be a great platform. I will not recommend Vimeo if you are hoping to get exposure using this, as search engines do not show Vimeo videos on results. One has to be using Vimeo to find Vimeo videos. And Vimeo is not ideal for in-mail videos, as the video does not play in the mail, but opens on a new tab.
Read Hanaa Ibham's full review
March 05, 2019
Mark Nowowiejski | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Vimeo Pro as cloud storage for 1000s of online course videos as well as for webinar recordings. We also use it to track viewer analytics throughout the semester and share course specific portfolios with new instructors and teaching assistants.
  • The portfolio/collection template allows us to build out setlists very quickly but also gives us flexibility on the overall and look and feel. If you know even basic CSS you can do quite a bit with it.
  • Domain control. My clients are often particular about where certain videos can be embedded or shared. Vimeo allow me to specify exactly which sites the content can be embedded in.
  • Vimeo allows us to attach custom cover slides to every video, something that was a pain point with some of the other services we looked at.
  • Customer Service has always been very strong, especially when we needed to pull customized reports or massive collections of links
  • You can upload a replacement file to an existing asset with out worrying about the url or embed code changing.
  • It needs to support more users under a single account. I often end up having to share login information with other team members or clients which is not ideal in terms of security. The 'PRO' account only allows for 3 users which no even remotely close to what I typically need.
  • The search feature isn't great, it allows for tagging and descriptions but the titles seem to be the only thing that counts when it returns results.
  • It doesn't have an embeddable playlist feature like YouTube.
  • There are no real inline interactive elements available. would love to be able to do in-video polls or quizzes.
I think that if you're just starting out it's a great tool; it's cheap relatively speaking (there is a free/basic version but it's very limited). The UI is generally better than YouTube and I feel like the content in more secure. It also integrated well with video review tools such as Wipster and various captioning services. That said as your catalog begins to amass you may find the search feature to be a real limitation. If you are not smart about how you title your videos early on it can be nearly impossible to find an asset once you have a few 100 videos.

It is still far better for video hosting than streaming something off your own site or server. I've had no issues with sending Vimeo content to international users, even those in China or other countries that may have restricted internet.
Read Mark Nowowiejski's full review
March 02, 2019
Michael Ball-Marian | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our startup needed a place to host marketing and how-to videos for our product. Everyone on the team had access so that we could all add new videos as needed. The videos were then embedded either on our marketing site or within our application.
  • Easy to add and organize your videos.
  • Easy to set up team members and control permissions.
  • Great, simple, configurable UI for embedding your videos.
  • Doesn't auto-play the next video, or show unrelated videos to our users. This was key. I think there is some way to do this with YouTube, but it wasn't as obvious. Vimeo just did what we wanted from the start.
  • I was a little hard to edit/replace an existing video. I recall we found some way to do that, but it was not at all obvious.
  • Really, nothing else major that I recall.
Vimeo is great if you are just embedding videos within your existing properties (website or app). There is a whole public side to the Vimeo platform (e.g., create your own programming channel, etc) that we didn't really explore. We just wanted a simple, powerful solution to host and embed high-def videos on our site -- Vimeo did that quickly, easily and affordably. If that is your usage scenario, Vimeo is great.
Read Michael Ball-Marian's full review
Rajiv Chidambaram, BE, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the product to host and market our product videos—demos, webinars, seminars, interviews, etc. It is currently used by the Sales & Marketing Departments and it helps gives our sales reps easy access to product materials that they can share with prospects and clients. We also embed videos on a lot of our marketing materials (landing pages, blogs, and website) and Vimeo Pro makes that very simple.
  • Easy To Manage Content: The Process to Upload, Manage and Use is very straightforward
  • Good Quality: The Player itself looks very nice, and the videos are always crisp and high quality to share online.
  • Customizing the Look: We have many different brands in our portfolio, and Vimeo Pro makes it easy for us to customize and use various logos for different videos.
  • Would be great to add forms/lead gen tools to the Pro version as the next tier is very expensive for a small marketing budget team.
  • Provide templates/examples of how to present videos/product demos for specific markets/audiences.
Great for online video embedding and content management (1 TB storage is ample). Great for sharing internally and externally, with the library feature it is very simple to find relevant videos. The upload process can sometimes be quite long and there are some formats of video that are not accepted. We have had an instance where we tried to upload a video recording through a screen grab software, but Vimeo was unable to do it.
Read Rajiv Chidambaram, BE, MBA's full review
Mike Wittenstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Vimeo Pro to store client meetings, interviews, work sessions, design charrettes, promotional videos, presentations, and more. We use most of Vimeo Pro’s features including the ability to password-protect clients’ workshops, presentation mode for sharing videos without distraction, and the review capabilities.
  • It’s super easy to upload, tag, and set a variety of preferences quickly and accurately. Vimeo Pro has the basics down.
  • The playback feature is highly configurable so that you can give Ewers as much or as little control over the video, the volume, and the branding as you like.
  • One of the newer features as the ability to have people comment on work-in-progress videos. It’s intuitive to just click your mouse, type your comment, and move on.
  • I would like Vimeo Pro to offer the ability to configure more detail and descriptions as you upload a single video or a group of videos. That would save me some time.
If you want to make your valuable video assets available to a team, consider Vimeo Pro. If you’re ready to have your videos available anywhere (even if you’re working solo) consider Vimeo Pro. If you don’t want to purchase lots of storage (and make sure you’re backups never disappear), consider Vimeo Pro.
Read Mike Wittenstein's full review
Rocky Kev | TrustRadius Reviewer
My department originally needed a video hosting platform that had privacy built in. YouTube wouldn't have worked for us, Amazon S3 didn't have the capability to deliver streaming video at the time, and Wistia was too expensive for our needs. Vimeo Pro was affordable and worked. My team uses Vimeo Pro to host all of our training videos - the training videos are organized on our main site, and are embedded from Vimeo Pro.
  • Private Video Hosting
  • Lots of options - privacy, video customization, API calls
  • Streams videos without much hiccups
  • Affordable
  • Easy to host videos quickly
  • Video templates - so you can have a set of options saved and reuse it over and over again
  • Tends to give video errors of 'this video is private' when it's not. It then fixes itself a few minutes later.
  • Their reporting tool is inaccurate and unclear of what anything means.
  • It still has a history of wanting to look like Youtube, with a video feed and a social media side, that just has no value for me.
Vimeo Pro is well suited if you need to host internal videos and don't want to do a lot of configurations to set it up. Once your videos are uploaded, you can then embed them or share them anywhere, and very quickly too. You can set the video to only show on specific sites, and organize your library of content in folders.

If the video is vital - like a sales video, where a error can cause a customer to never return - I recommend Wistia instead (even though it's more expensive.). Vimeo Pro is much more cost effective overall.
Read Rocky Kev's full review
May 09, 2018
Chris Hecox | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Vimeo Pro for uploading and presenting videos to clients. Vimeo was a simple way to share links to our work as well as keep videos password protected for clients. It was the main method of providing access to our videos.
  • Vimeo is an easy way to provide links for clients to access the videos we've produced for them. Links are as simple as any web link. You can make a video private and password protect it, unlist it, ensure only specific Vimeo users can see a video, etc.
  • Videos can be presented as private review links, which would allow for private feedback and a customized interface for clients.
  • Videos can be highly customized in terms of what UI will be displayed on a video (i.e. play button, share button, related videos, etc.) which means a producer will never have issues with clients being able to dig into the producer's video catalog, or can make the interface focused solely on the video itself without distraction.
  • It's 2018 and streaming shouldn't be complicated. Unfortunately, despite accessing Vimeo from many locations (home computer, office, mobile, client's offices) Vimeo has continued to prove its total incompetence. I'm not sure if this is a hosting problem with Vimeo servers or if they just hate the few cities I've lived in. Video streaming can be easy with Vimeo, but I would never ever call it consistent. In most cases, when presented with a video link not related to work, I'll try to find the video elsewhere.
  • Because I haven't used Vimeo's revision system for close to 8 months at the time of this writing, Vimeo might have made changes, so keep that in mind. Vimeo is completely outmatched by similar client feedback applications like Wipster and Frame.io. After using other services, I've completely sworn off Vimeo. I don't think it's viable any longer because giving clients the ability to leave frame-by-frame feedback is far superior to the old method of simply sending a link. Furthermore, I believe Vimeo either owns Wipster or deeply collaborates, but Wipster is fairly unreliable as well. It's as if everything Vimeo touches burns to the ground.
  • Vimeo has also found a way to mess up playlists and video collections. YouTube makes it easy for adding videos to specific playlists, but Vimeo includes collections and albums, which to this day I'm still unsure why I would pick one over the other. Adding videos to these features is flustering rather than helpful. We'd learn the system but because of privacy settings for some videos, a few videos would show up, while others wouldn't. Even after testing this in the office, we'd still have a multitude of issues when clients would return confused emails.
Vimeo is useful only if you are uploading a personal portfolio for clients to see. Vimeo has a knack for being the professionals YouTube, which is unfortunate because it has proven its mediocrity time and time again.

If you are doing more than hosting a portfolio or a few neat videos you've created, like presenting videos for clients, you need to look elsewhere. Vimeo won't cut it any longer while there are far better options available.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
September 13, 2018
John Manuele | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used throughout the company but mainly by sales as a means of sharing demo videos internally, as well as to prospective customers (less frequently.) We find it to be an effective way for people in the company to share demos internally, and it provides several easy methods for paying including through a nice mobile app and browser access.
  • Nice mobile app, easy to use and available on both iTunes and the Android store
  • Easy to upload and manage videos. Videos upload quickly, and I have never had errors or incomplete videos to playback.
  • Good video quality. I have never experienced any playback issues, or lower quality compression issues when watching videos at a later time.
  • Some of the sharing options are messy. Vimeo will say I can't share externally, but in settings there is a way to create a private link. Just a little clunky and can be confusing at times.
  • Sometimes takes a little while for videos to properly encode. Even though it has said the video has uploaded, it has sometimes taken another 5-10 minutes before the video is viewable.
It is very good for internal collaboration and sharing. Becomes a little more problematic when sharing with people who don't have a Vimeo account. Overall it is a good way to share professional quality video both internally and with customers/prospects. Seems well suited for SAAS sales especially.
Read John Manuele's full review
September 25, 2017
Jon Ackerman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Vimeo Pro for all of our online video content. Our department uploads multiple videos each week, from longer form videos to shorter videos for our departments to review. Vimeo has been integral in getting our content online and to our customers in an elegant and simple process. We utilize a combination of Vimeo, YouTube, and Wipster to share videos and each platform has its purpose. Currently, we have six different Vimeo Pro accounts managed across four different departments. Vimeo provides a consistent experience for all of our departments and viewing platforms. It also gives simple features at all of the optional subscription models. We love Vimeo because of how beautiful it plays back video, embeds in our website, and allows for customization in the web viewer.
  • Easy to embed customized video player into website
  • Includes a review page option that allows departments or clients to add notes or requested changes.
  • Gives in-depth stats at the push of a button. You can see when the fall off rates of viewers occurs.
  • Ability to stream different bit rates and adjust to viewer experience.
  • Video review doesn't have the ability to track changes when the video file changes or is updated to a new version. This causes an issue if there are multiple versions of the same video.
  • I think a downside to Vimeo, as a service, is that they do not have the widespread user base of YouTube. If you focus on embedding videos or videos on a webpage, Facebook, etc, then this won't be an issue. If you are trying to be discovered or get organic expansion of your brand, YouTube is the king.
Vimeo Pro has a customizable, beautiful and simple interface. It's well suited for embeds in websites, on Facebook or in app. It gives you the ability to customize privacy of your videos, embed on only set URL's or be completely hidden and only viewable with a link and password. They also have VOD and the option to sell your videos through your channel.

One area that Vimeo Pro needs improvement is in its user base. It isn't as ubiquitous as Youtube and thus has challenges with a video being spread organically or through the volume of users, like Youtube can provide.

Read Jon Ackerman's full review
October 24, 2017
Justin Roodman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Vimeo Pro as our video hosting service for all of our content. Our company is specifically a media company and our flagship product is a learning platform where the majority of the coursework is made up of videos. In addition to the video training content, we also host our explainer videos for product landing pages. The service is used by both the media team and marketing.
  • Reliable content hosting - there is almost no down time for accessibility
  • Easy to use interface - its not hard to figure out how to upload and access your videos
  • We are able to do custom video analytics for plays, pauses, and resumes with their API
  • Customized end screens, email capture, and cards are not enabled when videos are viewed on Vimeo.com
  • Speed controls are not currently supported in the Vimeo mobile or TV app
  • Would like to be able to add up to 5 team members instead of just 3 for the cost of Pro
Vimeo is well suited for video embeds on product landing pages or as embeds for training course materials. Our business specifically uses videos hosted on Vimeo as iframe content in courses inside of the Moodle LMS environment. As we have a variety of users with different hardware setups, the ability to choose playback options helps immensely.
Read Justin Roodman's full review
August 04, 2017
Rebekah Madonia | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Vimeo Pro across multiple departments at our organization to host various types of videos. We primarily use Vimeo Pro to make our media available to the public, giving them access to share videos with others, but it is also used frequently for internal purposes to host training videos and also as video review process for promotional videos.
  • The privacy features on Vimeo Pro are fantastic! There are multiple options to choose from: Password protection, Domain-level privacy, Private link sharing, & Private Unlisted which is helpful when working with internal and external personnel as well as different clients.
  • The new review page is amazing! We used to pay extra for a 3rd party program that would allow us to leave notes on videos but with Vimeos new review page you can make notes right on the video. The notes are timecode specific and others have the option to "reply". I love that you can literally check off a comment when it is taken care of, so nice!
  • The Pro stats have been extremely helpful to determine the value of time put into videos. We had some weekly videos being put out and with Vimeo Pro features we were able to see in detail if they were being utilized as hoped. This feature gave us the insight we needed to pull the plug on some productions that were taking more time than they were worth!
  • So far, the only thing I had hoped for was the option to add notes to videos and thanks to the new Vimeo Review page that is possible!
Vimeo Pro is great for those (small companies/businesses or professional individuals) who won't be uploading more than 20 gigs of footage a week, so if you need more space you will want to go with Vimeo Business. With features like team collaboration, review tools, privacy options, portfolios, and stats, Vimeo Pro gives you the customizability you need to have control over your videos and basic insight into views. If you have more than 3 team members to add to your account or need more in-depth stat analysis, you'll want to go with Vimeo Business.
Read Rebekah Madonia's full review
February 17, 2017
Ross R. Mason | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a video production agency, we use Vimeo Pro to distribute client videos we have produced. It provides a syndication instance of client videos which is then indexed by Internet search engines and returned with search results, separate and apart from the client's own instance on their website or social media accounts.
  • High-quality, high-definition encoding
  • Mobile video player support
  • Efficient
  • Efficient streaming of video content for all mobile devices
  • Vimeo Pro also provides multiple format and sized download options for every video loaded to its platform
  • Vimeo Pro also supports albums, galleries and sets of videos for grouping similar content
  • Vimeo Pro provides access to "Issues" notifications when problems are being experienced with the platform. While this exposes areas where Vimeo has room for improvement, its transparency and demonstrated results for addressing issues in a timely manner is readily shared with anyone interested in being notified of the nature of such instances. All the platforms have issues and room for improvement but Vimeo's willingness to operate transparently speaks volumes for its reliability as a professional partner.
Vimeo Pro is well-suited as an online video sharing platform, specifically when the user has multiple videos, needs to benefit from video SEO, as well as all the formatting and display options made available through the Vimeo Pro premium service.
Such options include separate unique video preview pages with distinct URLs defined by the user, multiple format downloads, user definition of controls displayed within the video player by video, control over whether each video can be shared, embedded, etc. Some of these features provide powerful controls for video publishers and are unique options for Vimeo Pro users.
Read Ross R. Mason's full review
February 15, 2017
Jared DeLong | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've started using Vimeo Pro for all of our videos we post for our nonprofit. Vimeo Pro allows us to upload multiple high quality video files to our account without restrictions. The tool also is much more user-friendly for professional videographers than YouTube and has much cleaner embeddable capabilities than other online video tools.
  • If we want to provide a URL link in the 'About' section below our videos, those are automatically hyperlinked, which has increased our conversions over Youtube videos.
  • Vimeo Pro allows us to upload files directly from Final Cut Pro, thus removing the middle step of exporting a video and then having to upload the file. This can take up to twice the time.
  • We're able to upload multiple high quality video files weekly and not worry about going over the file limit of a standard Vimeo account.
  • For automatically uploading files from Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro, we wish there was a way to upload a replacement video file if we have to make an adjustment to a file already uploaded.
  • If there was even more formatting options for the body text under videos, that would make the tool even better.
  • Deeper video statistics on viewership behavior, such as if they stop the video at a certain point, click on the Call to Action in the body text at a certain point in the video and/or how many actually finish watching the video.
Vimeo pro is great for using a professional embeddable tool for your website. Video qualities are also higher and there aren't annoying pop-up ads like we're now seeing on YouTube videos. Vimeo is less appropriate if a user has a desire for their video to 'go viral'.
Read Jared DeLong's full review
June 24, 2016
Jeannette Saysomvang | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Vimeo Pro to make videos for my website. It was a great tool to help me create videos but was on the pricey side for me. I loved the site's features so I still use Vimeo, but don't maintain a pro membership anymore. Sometimes I miss the more advanced features and would consider switching back.
  • The Portfolios feature is amazingly helpful
  • Sharing is easy
  • Albums feature is great for organization
  • The statistics are not as specific as some other sites.
If you need to create a lot of videos Vimeo Pro is definitely for you. If you only need light usage, the cost might be a little steep for what you use it for. The features and benefits make it worth it, but only if you utilize them. There is also an option to not have any upload limits if you have a high output volume.
Read Jeannette Saysomvang's full review

Lead generation (16)
Video personalization (26)
eCommerce (9)
4.7
Support for advertisements (10)
5.2
Video SEO (19)
Integration to Marketing Automation (15)
6.1
Integration to Salesforce.com (5)
5.5
Integration to Marketo (5)
5.8
Integration to HubSpot (5)
6.1
Integration to Eloqua (3)
6.0
Integration to LMS (6)
Video access controls (30)
User management (27)
Video link sharing (29)
9.2
Internal video (27)
External video (27)
Player customization (26)
Embedded videos (31)
Video quality / Bandwidth controls (29)
Mobile compatibility (31)
A/B testing (8)
4.0
Streaming quality reports (11)
4.8
Per viewer tracking (18)
Per video tracking (23)
Video analytics dashboard (21)
On-Demand video (19)
Live streaming (10)
Impact of streaming on network (17)
6.7
Video upload & format support (28)
Video library / File management (26)
Video portal (18)
Audience polling (4)
2.0
Audience Q&A / Live chat (5)
4.2
Video comments (22)

What is Vimeo?

Vimeo provides tools for creators to host, share and sell videos, as well as video solutions to businesses for their internal communications and marketing needs.

For enterprises:

• Live video: High-quality streaming with features like polls, Q&A, and audience chat to keep viewers engaged wherever they are.

• Branded private portal: Centralize organizations’ live and on-demand videos with Showcase, a secure viewing destination for mobile and desktop.

• Enterprise-level security and privacy: Easily control who sees which videos with single sign-on (SSO), role-based access and more.

• Advanced analytics: Track audience engagement with location analytics, engagement graphs, and user-level stats.

• Dedicated support and services: Onboarding services and dedicated account management, plus access to Vimeo’s live production services and training.

Vimeo Video