VWO is an easy to use platform for CRO
March 01, 2019
VWO is an easy to use platform for CRO
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with VWO
VWO Is being utilized to learn more about and improve conversion opportunities across multiple products including client sites. The VWO platform quickly enables the ability to implement and test different hypothesis for conversion rate optimization goals. This includes enabling the ability to run simultaneous tests across multiple different mobile device types.
- VWO has a strong support team willing to help provide answers to questions during the setup process. During setup, we had some questions regarding implementation across a significant number of sites and they were able to ease dev team concerns and provide detailed best practices to streamline integration.
- Some of the initial results of a few of the initial tests raised some questions internally. We setup a call and were able to quickly address the questions and find some opportunities to leverage moving forward.
- I discovered a bug within the UI that lead to some questions internally. I was able to report it and the problem was fixed rather quickly and their team followed up with a thank you for reporting it and to report the issue was now resolved.
- The plans are constantly changing from a pricing and visitor perspective. This means that if you are trying to prove the product you will need to be ready for a long term commitment.
- This platform tends to consume a large visitor allotment to find a result. In our initial tests, it took much longer than anticipated in order to find a reliable result.
- If you pause a campaign or test, the UI creates a large red warning that indicates it has been paused. This notification is red with an large exclamation point that makes it appear as if something is wrong with the test. This notification is by design according to VWO cannot be dismissed. This creates some confusion when presenting or training new users.
- VWO has had a positive impact by uncovering different opportunities across specific device types.
- Some of the results are scrutinized at length internally because of experiences with other platforms. VWO utilizes Bayesian statistics to find results which has pros and cons. This is something to consider when searching for a CRO solution.
Our organization has not yet had the opportunity to test all of the feature sets within VWO. The current focus is to ensure the conversion funnel is optimized across different experiences across different devices. Ultimately, not all of the features will be leveraged but they are nice to have as we continue to make find incremental improvement opportunities.
The specific targeting opportunities found within VWO are helpful when it comes to audience and device segmentation. There is a significant number of pre-defined targets in the UI and of course you have the ability to set custom targets depending on the test you are doing. This is ideal when running test across multiple domains or products.
The WYSIWYG editor is easy to use and very simple for new users that want to hit the ground running. We leverage it to test different aspects of the site to find and deliver test results to ensure future changes which require dev work are going to make a positive impact before creating new request.
There are significant differences in each platform when it comes to Optimizely and vwo. From a functionality and performance perspective they each have their pros and cons. It is important to go through the feature sets of each and ensure the solution you select will work specifically with your business objectives and conversion rate optimization goals.
VWO makes implementation and integration easy. They have done a great job to ensure the script does not heavily impact load times or page speeds. This was a very important aspect especially if you will be doing tests across multiple sites or products. Overall the UI is easy to learn and the support team is quick to address specific questions.