The perfect tool for marketers wanting to take control of testing
March 04, 2019

The perfect tool for marketers wanting to take control of testing

Score 9 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with VWO

VWO is mainly used within the marketing and IT department as a tool to increase website conversion. VWO allows us to quickly test researched hypotheses with the results changing our development priority. The management of VWO is split between the marketing function and IT, meaning everyone has full sight of what is currently being tested on our main consumer website.
  • Good reporting tools.
  • Easy to use UI, you don't have to be a developer.
  • Reasonable pricing.
  • Any advancements on the split testing are also welcome.
  • Integration with Formissimo would be beneficial!
  • Allows us to build a business case for change based on the data gathering.
  • Lets us test changes before implementing via hardcoded development.
  • Cost of yearly subscription was paid for within the first few months based on the increase in leads due to testing.
We've been using VWO for a while and it allows us, as marketers, to take control of the process and run a number of tests which normally we would have to put into a development queue. A/B testing is the core reason we first chose VWO, and it's allowed us to make key business decisions, thanks to its advanced reporting suite.
We're a little behind our roadmap, so we haven't made full use of this feature yet! As a business who is keen to make the user's journey as efficient as possible, we see the value and potential ROI increase in personalizing our website with VWO. Here's hoping it's something we get moving with soon!
I alluded to it earlier, but the beauty of the A/B testing and WYSIWYG editor for us, and I'm sure a lot of other marketing teams, is that it removes the obstacle of having to ask a development team to do this work. It puts the power in the hands of the marketer and reduces the path to success.
We use VWO not in competition with, but alongside other tools, as we believe a mixture is the best recipe for success. Hotjar is a slightly different offering and has some very strong heatmap/ journey mapping capabilities. We tend to use it for that, with the insight feeding what we then go on to test in VWO via the Visual Editor and A/B Testing.
I would say to anyone that VWO is best used to help build a business' case for the change on a website or run split testing. For example, simple A/B testing like language or placement changes to a key CTA is what VWO does so well. As a nontechnical person, it's built in such a way that, even if all the implementation is beyond me, I at least feel like I get it!