A great suite of UX tools to understand your users and test ideas
April 05, 2019

A great suite of UX tools to understand your users and test ideas

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with VWO

We use VWO within our digital design team to conduct on-site surveys, observe how users interact with our site, and perform A/B tests, all with the aim of improving the usability of our site.
  • On-site surveys allow us to gather information directly from our users without having to seek them out and ask in person. For example, what information they would find useful for specific pages.
  • Recordings of users allow us to see exactly how people use our website, so we have a greater idea of where improvements can be made.
  • A/B tests give us vital information on if an idea really does work or not.
  • As a UX designer myself, I appreciate how well VWO has been designed. It really is easy to use, especially for something complex like creating A/B tests.
  • Our front-end team has a huge issue with how long VWO takes to load, which obviously will have a negative impact on user experience. More needs to be done to reduce this issue.
  • We've managed to consistently increase our conversion rate with the range of features VWO offers.
We've absolutely benefited from A/B testing because we know when a new feature or idea works well or not, saving us a huge amount of time. It also allows me, as a UX designer who knows HTML/CSS and some JS, to implement tests on my own without the need for development work, which is a huge time saver.
We have only scratched the surface of visitor segmenting, but it is extremely easy to use thanks to the well-designed interface.
As a UX designer who knows how to code, I almost exclusively use the code editor section to create our A/B tests, but I have found the entire A/B testing creation experience to be very intuitive.
VWO is great for gaining a better understanding of your users and testing ideas to know if they work. Heatmaps, surveys, session recordings, hypothesis, and A/B tests make a complete set of tools to figure out what people are struggling with/need, and to analyze and test what will help make your service/product better.