Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard AuthPoint
I use AuthPoint to secure several web-based systems that use SAML authentication. The whole organization uses it for this purpose. This tightens up security for the whole firm.
- Push notifications are easy to use.
- Device DNA feature is nice.
- End-user set up experience is simple.
- Can only secure Microsoft 365 if the 365 tenant is in a hybrid cloud/on-premises configuration, as AuthPoint uses the on-premises Active Directory to reference user accounts.
- As an MSSP, licensing AuthPoint is fiddly and unintuitive.
- I resell AuthPoint and so it is useful for generating profit while keeping my customer's accounts secured.
- A negative impact is the additional inconvenience for users who struggle to understand the sign-in experience and the additional support resources this consumes.
- Users are less impacted by malicious email tactics, such as spoofing and ransomware, while AuthPoint secures their accounts.
I manage many, many user endpoints and servers. It would be very time consuming and difficult to deploy and continually update authentication software on every device. The cloud-based nature of AuthPoint is key to its usefulness.
The AuthPoint mobile app is likely its best feature. The app is simple, lightweight, and easy to use. The fact that access requests can be approved directly from a push notification, without even opening the app, is a huge timesaver and definitely cuts down on resistance from end-users in adopting the system.
This makes life easier for me and my users, as I no longer need to sign in to multiple accounts or keep many bookmarks for services I use every day. One sign-in and a simple interface provide access to all of my configured services. This dramatically cuts down the amount of password and account recovery requests I receive from my clients.
Do you think WatchGuard AuthPoint delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WatchGuard AuthPoint's feature set?
Did WatchGuard AuthPoint live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WatchGuard AuthPoint go as expected?
Would you buy WatchGuard AuthPoint again?
AuthPoint is great for securing many services, particularly web-based services that use SAML authentication protocols. AuthPoint is simple to configure with these types of services. AuthPoint secures Microsoft 365 well enough but is only compatible with certain configurations of Microsoft 365.