Reviews (1-18 of 18)
- AuthPoint works well with how the MFA process works, setting it up for push, OTP, QR code is excellent for our needs.
- AuthPoint provides any easy to use interface for deployment needs for new clients.
- There have been some issues we've had with deployment, for instance, removing a PC from the domain then does not let you log in as a local user - this is more of an inconvenience considering this application should be removed prior to domain removal (lesson learned).
- Have noticed some times the push requests are slow to come through and the timeout period needs to be adjusted to make sure you can log in - not huge impact.
- The AuthPoint Cloud Dashboard Streamlines the implementation of MFA across multiple platforms.
- As a Managed IT Services company, it is a huge time savings, that all AuthPoint clients can easily be managed for a single logon to the WatchGuard cloud.
- Although the management dashboard is not difficult to work with once you learn your way around. However, it is far from intuitive.
- The documentation is disjointed and at times very difficult to follow. For example, acronyms are used extensively in the AuthPoint Quick start Guide. Many of these acronyms are not clearly explained and assume the user has a relatively high level of preexisting knowledge.
- Add's additional hardware/software to be in the hands of the employee at the time of connection.
- Reduces risk of easily compromised passwords and user IDs.
- We had some minor issues in the beta phase, but the current product has no issues with our usage model.
- Easy end user setup
- Reliable push notification
- Management interface could use improvement to make it more intuitive.
- We would like to see the ability to initiate an authentication push to the app to verify the user's identity.
If you are like us and service other clients, it does not work as a method to verify users' identity. It would be great to add the feature like Duo has to verify identity for support teams.
The biggest issue this product addresses is having a MFA product that is simple to manage multiple clients (tenants) with. It allows us to configure/troubleshoot client MFA issues without needing to text some random person in the company to get in.
- Multi-tenant Management
- Simplicity to deploy
- License procurement process could use some work for clients who are existing in the cloud portal. If you don't manually create the client in the cloud portal you are unable to assign licenses from Master provider account.
- Needs some work on allowing the ability to MFA certain users on certain products, but not all users. Most AuthPoint integrations currently only support an all-or-nothing scenario.
- Client looking for basic MFA deployment that can be AD integrated
- Client looking for a MFA product that works with legacy devices/ authentication methods
- MSP looking for a MFA product that can be easily managed by a Service Desk
Not recommended Scenario:
- If you have MFA deployed to various SAML resources, but want to be in control in exactly who and what gets MFA
- Most customers like the availability of OTP, Push, or QR Codes.
- They can use AuthPoint App for other tokens.
- It has all the features that I find useful and they added hardware tokens as well.
- They could change the logon app. It caused a bit of confusion when installing.
- SSL/VPN authentication.
- Domain authentication with both code and push challenges.
- Reporting/tracking through WGC are great.
- Implementing AuthPoint for AWS/Office 365 were a challenge.
- Spotty cellular areas can cause repeated account lockouts.
- Notification of delivery delays are critical.
- WatchGuard Authpoint's push notifications are really easy to use
- Migrating 3rd party tokens was really easy when getting a new mobile device
- The online portal seems a little confusing - specific pre-requisites seem like they could be removed or resolved differently, i.e., having the windows username match the username in WatchGuard AuthPoint.
It primarily addresses security and access control to company devices and provides an additional layer of security and peace of mind that data/access is further protected. This helps ensure that in addition to device encryption, in the event of an attempted breach or lost device, unauthorized users have an additional layer of security to defeat.
1. It’s well-suited for scenarios where you’d like to implement workstation/server MFA/2FA solutions.
2. It’s well-suited for scenarios where you’d like SAML or SSO capabilities along with MFA/2FA, so long as it falls within it’s (growing) list of compatible sites and services.
3. It’s well-suited for the “zero trust” security framework where users can be given access only to the products, solutions, or devices they should have access to, as you can create those groups, including auto-enrollment in groups based on Active Directory membership.
- MFA for Office 365 **Without shared mailboxes and calendars**
- MFA for Windows logon
- The initial portal setup for MSPs is cumbersome and not well documented.
- There are issues with Office 365 integration, specifically shared calendars and mailboxes.
- Integrated with WatchGuard firewalls.
- Integrates with Active Directory.
- Integrates with Windows Logins.
- Integration with WatchGuard's IKEv2 VPN does not work with Active Directory/RADIUS authentication, where it does work with SSL VPN.
It is well suited for customers that have WatchGuard firewalls already.
WatchGuard AuthPoint Scorecard Summary
About WatchGuard AuthPoint
WatchGuard AuthPoint Screenshots
WatchGuard AuthPoint Video
WatchGuard AuthPoint Downloadables
WatchGuard AuthPoint Integrations
WatchGuard AuthPoint Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
WatchGuard AuthPoint Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
WatchGuard AuthPoint Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web, Any smart phone|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Thai, Korean|