March 02, 2022
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Widen
We use Acquia DAM (Widen) to store "best of" selects from events and programs for our organization. These photos can then be added to albums or downloaded for use in marketing materials, multimedia, social media, or whatever is needed. It also makes it easier for other teams to access photos when needed and provides a backup in case we cannot access any of our other digital asset management systems. It's been great for working from home since employees have had limited access to wired-in servers and systems.
- Provides a detailed database of photos from past events and programs
- Keeps photos organized so that they are easy to find, especially for teams unfamiliar with Acquia DAM (Widen)
- Helps provide context for images and makes writing captions easier
- User management can be a bit tricky
- It should be easier to make collections shareable (i.e. make it easier to supply a downloadable link)
- Make albums more downloadable – it's not always clear on how to download images from collections for non-Acquia DAM (Widen) users and you can't download the entire collection of images at once
- Faster and easier to add/take out photos from collections based on the request
- Easy to flag files that shouldn't be used/downloaded
- Makes it easier to upload large amounts of files at one time
Making it a database for all multimedia files from past, present, and future events and programs for the organization.
They are always there to answer questions or concerns and are very thorough with their answers. The chat option is very helpful as it makes it easier to continue working without having to wait for an email or stay on the phone.
Do you think Acquia DAM (Widen) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Acquia DAM (Widen)'s feature set?
Did Acquia DAM (Widen) live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Acquia DAM (Widen) go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Acquia DAM (Widen) again?
Pros: It's great for providing a safe space for organization photos and other multimedia files Make it easy to keep files organized – you can upload files directly to the place you need on the site You can manage how users use Acquia DAM (Widen) so they don't upload/download the wrong and/or flagged files Cons: Gets more expensive the more users and files you add Not great for storing raw files of photos, videos, and other multimedia as it will get expensive to store and manage Not always user friendly – can take a while to figure out user management, uploading, organization, etc.