As a student government group on campus, we needed something to use for our funding application that would be easy to set-up and user friendly for all funding applicants. We also expanded and started using the website to transfer all other applications and forms online since it is easier to distribute and collect data.
- I think one of Wufoo's main strengths would be its simple and easy to use interface.
- Wufoo is very user friendly and easy to set up!
- Wufoo has many templates to get you started!
- The only downside is that Wufoo is a third party operator. Thus is there are technical difficulties, you cannot address them within your company. You must contact Wufoo and await their reply.
- Other areas of improvement could be security of the information stored and the cost of storage of that information online.
- Wufoo definitely increased efficiency for collecting and distributing funding applications and other forms across campus
- Downside was the storage cost of all the data from the applications being submitted
The alternative which we were using prior to Wufoo was Wordpress. Wordpress required a bit more coding knowledge and was not as simple and user friendly of an interface as Wufoo. However, Wordpress does not have storage costs like Wufoo which was a plus. I only selected Wufoo due to my lack of coding skills.
The costs of storage of the data is kind of high in the long run and if I can avoid paying for storage with other sites such as Wordpress then I would prefer to do that. I also do not like sending everything to a third party where I do not have control in the case of technical issues with the webpage being down.
I think Wufoo is best suited for small companies or for use on a smaller scale in my experience. For example for student organizations, groups, clubs, etc. I am also not sure how appropriate it is to use to collect sensitive data due to the security of storage of that informaiton online by Wufoo.