Go Paperless with Zenefitshttps://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementZenefitsUnspecified7.8761012017-03-03T19:04:53.177Z
March 03, 2017
Go Paperless with Zenefits
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Zenefits
Zenefits is great for a small business wanting to start off their HR compliant and paperless. This software has saved me a good amount of time and has helped us get to a paperless environment. Zenefits isn't as hands-on as an in-person agent, so it requires whoever is doing HR to be more knowledgeable about the insurance offerings. It also requires employees to become a little more knowledgeable as well, rather than being spoon fed information every 6 months about "how insurance works." I would only recommend Zenefits in the instances where it integrates with payroll, if it doesn't it does provide reports for your AP person that are helpful.
- It makes our HR completely paperless and hiring and terminations are very easy Includes company org.
- With Zenefits you can leverage carrier pricing and you can see all benefit info online via an easy to navigate dashboard.
- Great place to have everything all in one (FSA/Commuter, Benefits, STD, Life, LTD).
- They have gone through some reorganizations and their customer service has gone down a bit. They didn't do the best job letting me know that there were going to be changes and I only found out about the changes when my contact person never responded to me.
- They are now charging for things that were free in the past like tracking PTO-- it's frustrating that as a client within the first few months they just add in that cost.
- They are a little hands off when it come to conveying compliance issues, luckily I created a timeline for our compliance but it would be good to have more guidance on this, as we did with our brick and mortar broker.
- Going paperless has saved me tons of time, its a good system but it could be better (more permission levels, customizable forms, better electronic signatures).
- Our onboarding went very smoothly. When we had an employee that needed to change their account it was pretty easy to make that happen.
- It would be great to have more levels of permissions, right now all of the hiring managers have to be admins so that they can adjust PTO balances for comp time.
We looked at a lot of different systems (Gusto, PEOs, Paylocity, etc.) we chose Zenefits for their all in one system. We needed one place that employees could go to that had all employee benefits in one place. Going paperless was also a big factor for us when switching vendors.
Currently, Zenefits does not integrate into our payroll system, we use ADPRun, they said that it will not integrate until ADP workforce-- when we get to 50 employees. We are happy that it is a paperless system, thinking back to our old FSA/Commuter provider Zenefits is night and day with ease. As HR/Recruiting/Etc at a startup, that makes my life SO much easier.