Awesome

November 11, 2021

Good program

A time saver

October 23, 2021

Direct deposit files (111)

9.5

Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (61)

Pay calculation (116)

Salary revision and increment management (82)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of RUN Powered by ADP®, and make your voice heard!

What is RUN Powered by ADP®?

RUN powered by ADP is a benefits administration and payroll platform for small businesses with light additional HR features. It runs on a cloud-based platform with mobile accessibility.

4 people want pricing too

What is ADP Workforce Now?

ADP Workforce Now is a cloud-based HR platform for mid-sized businesses. It features customizable modules of various HR services that businesses can tailor to their specific needs, as well as regulatory monitoring and alerts to help businesses remain compliant.

What is Intuit Online Payroll (discontinued)?

Intuit Online Payroll was a small business payroll option available as a standalone SaaS solution, that Intuit announced it was discontinuing in favor of Quickbooks Online Payroll, available via Quickbooks.

Payroll Management

A payroll and HR solution

For small business owners, RUN Powered by ADP is presented as a trusted payroll and HR platform that can help stay ahead and free up the user to focus on driving the business forward.

The vendor describes the solution as:

Faster:
  • Payroll in a flash: RUN can automatically process payroll .
  • Intelligent search: A smart search tool with auto suggestions instantly connects the user to popular resources, favorite reports, and frequent tasks.

Smarter:
  • Payroll with confidence: RUN learns the user's payroll, reviews data and flags potential errors before they happen.
  • Simplified payroll taxes: RUN calculates, deducts and files payroll taxes automatically, and delivers proactive alerts to help users stay compliant.

Easier:
  • Personalized dashboard: One view tailored just for the user. Review payroll history, priority to-dos and next payroll.
  • Step-by-step guidance: Relevant tips and support for payroll and HR tasks are served up along the way.

RUN presents options to use it for basic payroll to a full suite of HR tools and services.

ADP, the ADP logo RUN Powered by ADP and Always Designing for People are trademarks of ADP, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright© 2021 ADP, Inc. All rights reserved.

RUN Powered by ADP® Features

• Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
  • Supported: Salary revision and increment management
  • Supported: Statutory form management

RUN Powered by ADP® Screenshots

RUN Dashboard with your business' key info front-and-centerEasy-to-enter payrollInstant access to your payroll reports and liability amountsSecurely and quickly process payroll on the go with the RUN Powered by ADP mobile appOffer your employees access to their historical payroll statements and year-end tax documents via the ADP mobile app

RUN Powered by ADP® Videos

Get to know the all new RUN Powered by ADP®
Easy-to-use Employee tools for RUN Powered by ADP®
ADP® Time and Attendance for Small Businesses
RUN Powered by ADP's HR Tools
As owners of a small automotive repair shop, brothers Eric and Welby Torres initially didn’t need a payroll solution when it was just them. But as they grew, they realized not knowing how to do payroll could hurt them. With business booming, they needed help.
In 2018, when Rachel Wallach and Carin Ferdowsian decided to open a veterinary clinic, they took a page from the mainstream medical market and launched their city’s first urgent-care clinic for pets. Six months later, they had a thriving business — and needed to rely on ADP's...
Which is better for you: UKG or ADP? (small and mid-sized companies)

RUN Powered by ADP® Downloadables

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesUnited States
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish

What is RUN Powered by ADP®?

What is RUN Powered by ADP®'s best feature?

Reviewers rate Direct deposit files highest, with a score of 9.5.

Who uses RUN Powered by ADP®?

The most common users of RUN Powered by ADP® are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Construction industry.

Run is a great software that we use every month for our payroll processing. It is great for the following reasons: 1. Payroll - Allows for both hourly and salary payroll, even for a business of our size. - Allows for pretty much any cadence of payment, including monthly (bi-weekly, etc.) - Allows for both normal, cycle, and off-cycle payments. Also during COVID, there were months when we did not have payroll payments which allowed us to skip certain payments if needed. - Reports are great, and were a huge help during COVID, pretty much allowing us to slice the data as needed. - Taxes are taken care of based on the payments, which is also great! 2. HR - The system allows for the customization of handbooks and policies, which is a great add-on for new businesses. - The system is paired with ZipRecruiter to enable easy hiring and resourcing. Overall we are a fairly small business, but this platform affords us all the big business needs at a very affordable price.
  • Taxes
  • Reporting
  • Payroll
  • Recruiting
  • Fee structure
  • Expand on cadence of payments
  • Support
It's well suited for most businesses. The best use case for us is being a small business and having all the features of a big business payroll system. Few areas for improvement, for monthly payroll, the check date should be based on the following month rather than the current month and it would also be great to have better support. We have a local rep to help us out, however, they never seem to have the answer and will usually defer us to another member of their team. Would be better if the call center would assist as needed.
I run bi-weekly payroll which includes paying commissions, hourly, salary, bonuses, and 401k deductions.
  • I pay commissions once a we receive payment from a client.
  • I pay bonuses based on hitting individual goals.
  • I deduct weekly 401k contributions.
  • Reports could be run and sent to me automatically after payroll is processed.
I love the reminders and the ease to process payroll. Customer Service has been timely and helpful when I have needed it. The reports are pretty self-explanatory and easy to run. I love that ADP processes the taxes and processes all of the year-end documentation needed.
February 24, 2022

Eh!

We use it for automatic payroll. It keeps us in line with our state's tax requirements.
  • automatic payroll
  • notifications that payroll is going out
  • lower fees
  • better transition from sales process to support
  • easier access to support and customer care
My overall experience hasn't been a happy one. I'm just too busy at this point to start over with another company.
Marcus Kowal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've had [RUN Powered by ADP®] for a long time and [in my belief] you would think they are an ethical and professional company. [In my experience,] they are not. It's now the 2nd time they take money out of our account without notifying us. The first time was $8,000 which was ultimately returned but [in my experience] it was an ordeal and [I believe] we even caught one of the employees lying. [My understanding,] the 2nd time was recently when they took $20,000 (!!) from us without notifying us. [In my experience,] once proven to be wrong, they returned $17,000 of it without as much as an apology and still [in my belief,]falsely claimed that the last $3,000 was owed, even though it was not and [I feel] we can prove it. [I feel you should] use ANYONE but RUN Powered by ADP®. [...]
  • [I feel] Not notifying you as a business on what's available to you (during COVID)
  • [In my opinion] upsell you on things you don't need.
  • [In my experience]Taking money from you without permission or any notification.
  • [In my option,] customer service.
  • [I feel,] ethics & morals
  • [In my experience,] basic calculous.
[I feel I would give them a] 0 [for]customer service [and] morals. Terrible staff [...] behavior.
[I believe RUN Powered by ADP® is a] terrible company with [...] working there who both, [in my opinion] lie and make things up to save their own behinds.
[...]
I have been using RUN for over 12 years and is very helpful in addressing several helpful areas like processing payroll, maintaining employees records, providing W-2's for all my employees, and great customer service. RUN has also been a big help in processing the PPP loans that were much needed at the time. RUN is also very user-friendly and continually updates, and offers new features to its system. I am very happy and would recommend RUN to anyone needing this type of service.
  • Great customer service! Have made many calls over the past 12 years and have always received great sincere and friendly help.
  • RUN keeps up with the times! Often, RUN has made updated improvements that have simplified the system and made things a little easier.
  • RUN provided help with all the needed reports for the PPP loans, and also great customer support.
  • As a smaller company, 3-5 employees, I have not found any features hard to use or anything missing.
RUN is well suited for me as with only 3-5 employees I receive the same features and benefits of much larger companies. A great example is all the help I received gathering all the needed reports for the PPP loans.

Awesome

Cecilia Gutierrez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small but growing company that is moving towards integrating software solutions for our HR department. ADP is a one-stop shop, we love it.
  • Customer service oriented
  • Great availability
  • Empowered people to do things along side them
  • Cant think of any right now
Payroll is awesome, one to one service is great. I hate automated click here and their service.

Run to RUN Powered by ADP

We use RUN [Powered by ADP®] for our monthly payroll. The product is very user-friendly and intuitively anticipates the flow of payroll processing. They make it run smoothly and easily. I once had a company undercut RUN/ADP on price, so I decided to give them a try. Big mistake! After just three months, I went back to RUN/ADP. Lesson learned! Seriously!
  • Clear, easy to print and understand reports
  • Government tax documents & reporting are a breeze
  • Fast, friendly, technical support should I need it (but rarely need)
  • Keep pricing competitive
  • Automatically [queue] up the few reports I routinely run, so they print for me automatically
  • Give me a free month or a reduction in price for faithfully using the product for X number of years
We're a small credit union. We need just a handful of the reports available. But should I require more in-depth reporting, it is there for me, ready and available with just a click of the mouse. Even though the price has increased a bit from year to year, I wouldn't dream of trying another product. This has been by far the BEST payroll processing product we have ever used.
November 11, 2021

New Small Business User

RUN is being used to manage the payroll for the entire company. It creates ease of use for personnel records, tax records, as well as support to navigate the state's process for enrolling in the correct employer-required areas (i.e unemployment accounts and workers compensation).
  • Payroll processing reminders
  • Connection to other employer needs like employee benefits and insurance
  • The additional product solicitation can be confusing and overwhelming, sending fewer emails.
RUN is well suited to handle the needs for payroll solutions especially for a small business that does not have a separate HR department.
It is being used to run our payroll.
  • It is very easy to use.
  • I don't have to worry about my taxes being done.
  • Great customer service.
RUN Powered by ADP® is very well suited for any size company because it is a complete payroll package and takes care of all our needs. I love the direct deposit, PTO tracker and the taxes being done.

Good program

We use RUN Powered by ADP® to pay employees payroll and pay employee taxes. We're using it for all employees. Saves time to pay employees and offer direct deposit, pay taxes, withhold taxes, and provide paystubs.
  • Easy.
  • Fast.
  • Convenient.
  • Allowing employees to log their own hours for approval is not included.
  • Pricing could be better.
  • Editing.
Could have more options for employees to log their own hours for approvals included for free. Could make it easier to edit payroll that was already submitted. Email reminders for payroll processing could have more accurate deadlines. Could make it more user-friendly experience. Overall a good straightforward program though.

A rough start

We use RUN Powered by ADP® for our regular payroll services.
  • Deals with state taxes.
  • Collects federal taxes.
  • Is supposed to pay our employees.
  • Horrible interface with customers.
  • Confusing and incomplete system.
  • It took over a month for our first payroll to run and it was not done correctly.
  • We were ignored when we had questions.
We are a brand new company needing payroll and needed a great deal of handholding, but RUN Powered by ADP® does not seem equipped to make it easy. Every step was difficult and challenging. In the end, I had to write out company checks myself since they attempted to withdraw payroll from the wrong account. It seems as though they are very focused on making money for themselves and less interested on customer service.

ADP is a great help!

We use it to run payroll. We do payroll once a month for our 2 employees.
  • It is easy to get employees set up.
  • It is easy to run payroll when it's time to do that.
  • There could be more consistent with how it integrates with reporting entries for QuickBooks.
Once everything is entered into the system such as bank info and employee info it is easy to run payroll when needed.
RUN ADP has been extremely helpful with having my payroll in order and handling all the paperwork for me.
  • Payroll.
  • Their sales team is really persistent and on top of things.
  • Connecting to QuickBooks.
  • Customer service reps are not always the most helpful.
  • It sometimes takes forever to get ahold of a customer service rep.
  • Employees should be able to make notes about hours they work, but they are unable to do so. ADP adds more work for both employees and me since they have to create a separate hourly tracking document for me to review.
October 31, 2021

User-friendly and quick

Use to run payroll for two entities, issue off-cycle bonuses.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • Help section is actually very helpful.
  • Calculations not rounding up.
It is very user-friendly and easy to use. Easy to navigate and the help section is actually helpful.
October 23, 2021

A time saver

[RUN Powered by ADP®] is being used for the entire company. It makes all of the payroll processes easier and more streamlined. I no longer have to email everyone their pay stubs, worry about the taxes, or design special reports as I did with Quickbooks.
  • Reports.
  • Taxes.
  • W-2.
  • Some of the reports could use a little tweaking.
RUN Powered by ADP® cuts the time it takes us to do payroll, pay taxes, send paystubs by 75%.
October 12, 2021

Disappointed in reports

It's being used for payroll for our employees.
  • User friendly.
  • I can't get a report with totals for taxes withheld, net pay and employer tax by department when employees work in more than one department. This is very important to me. I have to calculate totals manually.
  • Hold times for support are extremely long.
It would work great for me if we didn't have employees that work in more than one department. I can't get totals by department in these cases.
October 07, 2021

Driven by Clients

Used by both owners of the company. It addresses all payroll issues and workers comp.
  • Organized.
  • Customer support.
  • Efficient and user-friendly.
  • Easier implementation from other sites.
Much more user-friendly than competitors. ADP has provided us with excellent customer service. We were appointed a representative that handle each and every question in a timely fashion. Always available by phone, text, and email. The support we received helped us make the decision to go with ADP.
October 07, 2021

The best out there!

We use ADP for our payroll needs as well as for retirement plans. They handle our payroll taxes entirely so we don’t have to worry about paying on time to TGIF right departments. Their retirement programs are reasonable and easy to set up. We would recommend them to other business owners.
  • Payroll taxes.
  • Employee payment.
  • Retirement plans.
  • Mentoring.
ADP does a great job of reaching out to solve any issues there may be, and is super helpful in simplifying payroll.
Run Powered by ADP has been easy to work with. The employees have logins if they need paystubs or any information about the payroll is easy access. Reports for the company payroll is simple and easy to work with. I have a small business and it makes my life easier to just log in anywhere to run payroll or find any reports needed.
  • Paystubs.
  • Alerts for payroll.
  • Customer service is easy to work with.
  • Helping clients receive unemployment state numbers.
  • Paystubs emailed to clients each week through system if email on file.
This system has allowed me to have one less aspect of owning a business hanging over me where I know ADP has it covered. It has allowed me to offer this wonderful service to my clients that are starting a business or just need help with payroll. The idea that everything is just easy to access is the best.
RUN is being used to manage and execute our time keeping and payroll solutions.
  • The process of setting up new employees is easy and very intuitive.
  • Executing payroll bi-weekly runs smoothly and efficiently.
  • Our deductions and benefits are much easier to track than previous payroll service provider.
  • Running in tandem with the Time and Attendance could be better, with less conflicting overlap of functions like PTO accruals.
  • Adding and editing deductions and earnings could be easier.
We have had a very happy experience with RUN by ADP, in that, it is much more user friendly than our previous payroll services provider. Overall, the site is pretty easy to navigate and the processes make sense to most of our users who are older without a lot of computer comfort.
We use it for hourly and salary payroll. We have only been using it about 2 months.
  • Run and done.
  • Ease of use.
  • Transition from our previous payroll company was very time consuming.
  • Would like more support by phone.
  • Would like to have a local company.
Maybe it is better suited for large companies with more employees.
Chad Chernet | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RUN by ADP to do our payroll for 8 employees. It saves me time from having to determine taxes and pay them also. I also use the RUN by ADP for Human Resources like job descriptions, job postings and for health info for my employees.
  • Ease of use for processing payroll.
  • Great tech support when I don't know how to do something.
  • Detailed line item info for employee taxes.
  • Ability to easily add or terminate employees.
  • Would like the payroll processing fees to be less.
  • ADP to automatically pull timesheet info from my childcare timekeeping software and pay employees without me having to do anything.
Well suited for paying employees and taxes to relevant tax authorities. Not well suited for automatically pulling time info from my timekeeping software and inputing it into RUN ADP and paying employees without having to enter anything.
October 05, 2021

Great program!!!

RUN is used by my company to run payroll. It has made running payroll a breeze for my company. It allows reminders of the days ahead of time when to run my payroll & I am even able to do it from the convenience of my smartphone. I love this program & I would recommend it to anyone looking for a program to run payroll for their business.
  • Reminders.
  • Healthcare coverage for employees.
I believe RUN is very appropriate for any company. It is very easy to use & the ability to access RUN on the go is amazing. I’ve been with RUN for a while now & I have yet to experience any issues with the program. It’s very easy to understand and in my case, it even pre-fills some areas so I don’t have to. It just makes my job 100% easier!
RUN Powered by ADP® is used as the payroll solution for the whole company and is also used for tax payments and filings at both the state and federal levels.
  • Understanding state and federal tax requirements.
  • Employee setup and maintenance.
  • Automated payroll each month without manual intervention.
  • Ability to add a one-time bonus or commission to monthly paycheck.
  • Reports that include legacy payroll information entered as part of the onboarding process from another payroll vendor.
  • Our previous payroll provider allowed me to log into our portal and see the dates and amounts of tax payments that had been made and the dates and amounts of future payments. They also sent an email when a tax payment was made so I could check in EFTPS to make sure it was credited correctly. I think your clients would also appreciate these features in RUN if you could add them. I know I would.
RUN Powered by ADP® is well-suited to both payroll and tax payments and reporting. Relying on and feeling comfortable with it for these functions frees me up to focus on the revenue side of our business. Our previous payroll provider allowed me to log into our portal and see the dates and amounts of tax payments that had been made and the dates and amounts of future payments. They also sent an email when a tax payment was made so I could check in EFTPS to make sure it was credited correctly. I think your clients would also appreciate these features in RUN if you could add them. I know I would.
We are currently using RUN ADP for the entire US staff. The functions are very basic and are easy to use. The one issue I find is the lack of reporting and ease for employee access. I would prefer to have the employees add their Direct Deposit info instead of me collecting it. Our firm is on the smaller side, so cost wise, it doesn't make sense for us to pay for the large ADP platforms. The hold times for customer support can be extremely long at times.
  • Great support staff.
  • Added value.
  • Reporting.
  • Hold times.
  • Employee access.
A small company under 50 employees is a perfect RUN client. The system is worth the cost vs. you processing this on your own. They handle the tax filing and are very helpful with companies across many states. If your company has over 50 employees, you would need to look at a different ADP product.