RUN powered by ADP is a benefits administration and payroll platform for small businesses with light additional HR features.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/cT/ky/UZ6B2S0GRAP6.PNGSo Much Time is Saved!Currently, we are using Run Powered by ADP as the only payroll processing software for the company. I have to say that I am very impressed with the user-friendliness of RUN by ADP. It is very simple to use. When I started working at the company, RUN by ADP was already in place, so I had to learn how to use it. I have to say that it was very easy to learn how to use the software. It literally took me about 30 minutes to learn the basics of RUN by ADP, after learning the basics I was more than comfortable to process payroll for the company. Adding and removing employees is very easy to do. Processing payroll is super easy to do. The software will even tell you exactly what amount of funds is needed to process payroll which I love because I can verify that the bank account has enough to cover payroll. The biggest thing RUN by ADP solves for me is the time saved to process payroll. It literally takes me 10 minutes or less to process payroll.,Very easy to add new employees. The process to add new employees is a simple step by step process. If you have the employee present, it is even more easier. Processing Payroll. Processing payroll with RUN by ADP is super easy. When it is time to run payroll, you click on "run payroll" and follow the steps to process payroll for the given period. Processing Payroll with RUN by ADP is super easy and painless. Reporting. RUN by ADP has so many different types of reports. You can get a report for each pay period by each employee or you can run a report for the entire year. Super Helpful.,Chat Function. RUN by ADP has a built in chat function. This function can be improved by the ability to upload data to the rep and provide a more appealing chat design. Employee Access. RUN by ADP offers the ability for employees to gain access to view their pay stubs, change withholding, and change bank account info. The problem with this function is when on the employer side, I allow a new employee access, the employee never gets an email to get access to their account. I usually have to resend the email again.,10,HUGE TIME SAVER. My time is very valuable and I am always looking for ways to save time. RUN by ADP saves so much time for me when it comes to processing payroll. I love that it takes me only minutes to do. I wish it would be easier to add cash bonuses to the employees for taxes. I usually have to go through support to have the process done the quickest way possible. The overall cost of RUN by ADP is very affordable. It is good to save money!,QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Slack, DropboxSOLD on RUN for ALL my Small Business NeedsWe use ADP RUN to process our bi-monthly payroll, as well as the payroll for our sister agency. It allows us to make adjustments and run our payroll quickly and with confidence. We have two company codes, and I can access them both with the same platform. Also, we can run any reports we might need for year to date or for any particular payroll or specific need we have. The platform works great for us and it's quick and efficient. With this platform, it also takes care of all our payroll tax requirements and deposits. That is a HUGE big deal for a company with only a few employees. I feel the price we pay for it is very reasonable for all the things it provides us.,Easy to modify employee information, wages and deductions Has built in calculators for taxes and deductions which is super helpful From start to finish, it only take a few clicks and my payroll is processed and complete. The bundled reporting works awesome for us, but it has a wealth of reporting options and they are also easy to use.,It really provides all we need and more.,10,Absolute positive ROI for RUN - it has freed me up to be able to concentrate on the business and allows me to feel confident and worry free that our payrolls will be processed timely and taxes will be paid.,QuickBooks for MacRUN Powered by ADP My Payroll PartnerRUN is used across the organization to manage our payroll services. The access to reports and the ease of processing payroll is an indispensable asset to our organization. Payroll processing is easily accomplished across several types of devices. I am able to process payroll from any location that I can get internet access.,RUN allows me to easily add new employees and make changes to current employees. RUN allows new or current employees to change direct deposit locations and receive their pay at the new financial institution, the same pay period. RUN allows the review of payroll reports and to do research quickly and easily.,When entering new employee information, there could be more guidance on items like taxes. When entering employee items like a wage garnishment, there could be more guidance online. When granting employees access to their accounts, more online guidance would be appreciated,10,From the time our organization moved from 2 employees to 10, we have used ADP. The cost of using the service has been minimal versus the value of the services provided. RUN allows us to use volunteers rather than paid staff to manage our payroll services. This is because RUN is time saving and easy to use. With RUN, we have minimal investment in the payroll process and this is especially helpful when it comes to doing research on payroll issues.,,QuickBooks Online,2,2,Process Payroll Quarterly tax filings Year end statements for employees.,NA,Unknown at this time.,10RUN powered by ADP has made me a payroll pro!I have been using ADP RUN for about 6 months now since the hiring of our first "payroll" employee. We are a small automotive repair facility and have never needed payroll before but due to our great work and reviews, we have now experienced an unprecedented amount of growth and it all happened fast! We had two hire three new employees within a two month period and to make things worse, I have no prior payroll experience nor knowledge of anything related to the field, including taxes and worker's comp. I quickly made a call to the rep at ADP through my Chase Bank relationship partners. Ashley quickly came out to see me and provided all of the answers to my concerns. I signed up and got started setting up the employees as I was trained by their cool support team. I had no issues and everything went perfect from start to finish on the set up. I ran my first payroll 3 days later and it was also flawless and super easy. I am now much more acquainted with the system and the way it works. I am also more educated in the payroll arena and can do much more than just enter pay hours and employees. I could not see the stress lowering at first but it all got handled with ease thanks to the great support I received from Ashley and her team at ADP RUN. I will not do without them!,Payroll Checks & Reports Calculate taxes & related expenses Remind you of incomplete tasks every time you are in the home page,Do not have any complaints yet,10,Saved me training time Saved me on the complete set up for Quick Books and paying someone to do it for me,QuickBooks Pro and Paychex Flex,QuickBooks ProSaves time and hassleI have a very small business. Since I do all the bookkeeping on top of my medical consulting, I outsource our payroll to ADP. They are very prompt and trustworthy. I have never had them make a mistake with withholding. RUN Payroll is very easy to use with a great online interface. All the reports for taxes, etc. are available in the online site. I like being able to download and store a PDF instead of having piles of paper the way I did with traditional payroll prior to this. My accountant is also very pleased with the RUN/ADP service, and doesn't have any trouble getting the necessary information from the reports to file our taxes. Highly recommend.,Easy to use website. Don't have to phone in the payroll! All necessary reports available in PDF format to download. You can see what the total cost of the payroll will be (including withholding) before you approve it. Very helpful phone support.,I don't have any suggestions for improvement.,10,I don't have any actual data on how our business is impacted by RUN Payroll. All I know is that I don't trust myself to get all the withholding correct if I tried to process the payroll myself, which would probably result in some costly fines from the government.,QuickBooks Premier
RUN Powered by ADP

ADP RUN Reviews

ADP RUN
Top Rated Award
Filter 170 vetted ADP RUN reviews and ratings
JaCoby Marston, CPA profile photo
November 17, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "So Much Time is Saved!"

• Very easy to add new employees. The process to add new employees is a simple step by step process. If you have the employee present, it is even more easier.
  • Processing Payroll. Processing payroll with RUN by ADP is super easy. When it is time to run payroll, you click on "run payroll" and follow the steps to process payroll for the given period. Processing Payroll with RUN by ADP is super easy and painless.
  • Reporting. RUN by ADP has so many different types of reports. You can get a report for each pay period by each employee or you can run a report for the entire year. Super Helpful.
  • Chat Function. RUN by ADP has a built in chat function. This function can be improved by the ability to upload data to the rep and provide a more appealing chat design.
  • Employee Access. RUN by ADP offers the ability for employees to gain access to view their pay stubs, change withholding, and change bank account info. The problem with this function is when on the employer side, I allow a new employee access, the employee never gets an email to get access to their account. I usually have to resend the email again.
RUN by ADP is perfect, in my opinion, for any size of company. Whether you have 5 employees or 500 employees. I feel that RUN by ADP will meet your needs and help make processing payroll as smooth as possible. Using RUN by ADP is a huge time saver for me. I love how easy it is to add new employees. I work at a company that is experiencing big growth and I am grateful for how easy it is to add new employees.

I wish RUN by ADP was more transparent about the cutoff times to process payroll timely. It would be very nice to know what is the latest I could process payroll to have it be processed on time.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Laura Virtue profile photo
October 30, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "SOLD on RUN for ALL my Small Business Needs"

• Easy to modify employee information, wages and deductions
  • Has built in calculators for taxes and deductions which is super helpful
  • From start to finish, it only take a few clicks and my payroll is processed and complete.
  • The bundled reporting works awesome for us, but it has a wealth of reporting options and they are also easy to use.
  • It really provides all we need and more.
We have only run small payrolls (2-5) employees, but we do run multiple company codes. It was very easy to get started and has been even easier to maintain. Before RUN, my tiny payroll was a beast - calculating checks, taxes, making tax deposits, preparing W2s, etc., all of which was very time-consuming and I dreaded doing payroll all together, not to mention the tax implications if I messed something up. Now with RUN, a few simple clicks and both my companies payrolls are run, money is withdrawn from our account in a timely manner and direct deposits are always made on time or early. We absolutely love the system.
Read Laura Virtue's full review
Vernon Fuller profile photo
September 05, 2018

User Review: "RUN Powered by ADP My Payroll Partner"

• RUN allows me to easily add new employees and make changes to current employees.
  • RUN allows new or current employees to change direct deposit locations and receive their pay at the new financial institution, the same pay period.
  • RUN allows the review of payroll reports and to do research quickly and easily.
  • When entering new employee information, there could be more guidance on items like taxes.
  • When entering employee items like a wage garnishment, there could be more guidance online.
  • When granting employees access to their accounts, more online guidance would be appreciated
RUN is well suited for small businesses with limited administrative staff to manage payroll and staffing issues. Most particularly, the filing of payroll reports to the government is one of the most indispensable services provided by RUN. For large organizations with administrative staff that well versed in payroll servicing, the RUN services might be less of a necessity.
Read Vernon Fuller's full review
Eric Torres profile photo
August 15, 2018

Review: "RUN powered by ADP has made me a payroll pro!"

• Payroll Checks & Reports
  • Calculate taxes & related expenses
  • Remind you of incomplete tasks every time you are in the home page
  • Do not have any complaints yet
If you are familiar with payroll, taxes, worker's comp and related tasks, you can then use your own accounting software to do those things. But if you are like me, have no experience in this area of the business and/or are still learning how it is done, then ADP RUN is for YOU!
Read Eric Torres's full review
Theresa Treep, MD, FAAP profile photo
August 15, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "Saves time and hassle"

• Easy to use website. Don't have to phone in the payroll!
  • All necessary reports available in PDF format to download.
  • You can see what the total cost of the payroll will be (including withholding) before you approve it.
  • Very helpful phone support.
  • I don't have any suggestions for improvement.
I have a small business (5 employees or less) with all salaried employees and think that RUN payroll is ideal for our needs. I would imagine that if our employees were hourly, it would be even more necessary due to increased complexity of the payroll. I am the only person in the business who uses it, so I can't give feedback on how it would work for a larger business. There is accountant access available, which is very helpful for getting our taxes done.
Read Theresa Treep, MD, FAAP's full review
Teresa Roth profile photo
October 31, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "No Grey Hair"

We are a small company of 1 location and 7 employees and I manage ADP for all employees. [This includes] Their wages, vacation, sick, and any bonuses, pay raises and/or dental, and gym memberships.

Any problems we have had were handled very quickly. Everyone I have spoken to at ADP was very courteous and friendly. I never give anyone a five or ten in reviews, there is always room for improvement.
  • Correcting mistakes I've made
  • Help with understanding anything new that comes out
  • Last but not least they very quickly fix any problem and get back to you in a timely [manner]
  • There is probably something that can be improved, but for what my company uses everything is easy to use.
Everyone is different in what they need.
Read Teresa Roth's full review
Roger Kennard profile photo
October 30, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "Quick and Easy Complete Payroll Solution!"

I use RUN Powered by ADP to process payroll for my small public accounting firm. I have also recommended it to several clients.
  • RUN Powered by ADP is excellent at providing complete payroll services. Fast, accurate, and most helpful!
  • I do not have any complaints.
I have only used the payroll services.
Read Roger Kennard's full review
August 23, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "Payday best day"

I support several businesses in an HR capacity and use ADP Run for two of the businesses. I would like to use all four, but probably not until next year. ADP run streamlines my time on payroll weeks. The quicker I can get it done the better as my schedule is usually full. I feel it is a quick and easy system for small businesses.
  • User friendly
  • Quick Reports
  • Vacation and Sick Time management
  • Easy hiring process
  • Easy termination process
  • Nothing at this time
Well suited for small to mid-size businesses, but probably not for over 50 employees. I would go onto one of the other ADP platforms for larger businesses.
October 31, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "ADP for small business"

I am a bookkeeper for several companies that use ADP for their payroll service. It solves the problem of time keeping, in some cases, direct deposit, tax payments, quarterly reporting, W-2 creation, pay stub distribution (with employee access), PTO tracking, and allows for storage of payroll and IRS related documents.
  • ADP can also provide Simple IRA plans for owners and employees with company match. This is something that employees really like.
  • The timekeeping service allows an employer to track overtime.
  • No more having to remember to do Monthly or Quarterly payroll activities such as payment of taxes or filing of unemployment reports.
  • I have not found anything that they will not do regarding payroll unless you wanted the service free. They do NOT do that.
ADP is well suited for companies with more than 2 employees. If you only have 1 or 2 employees and you both are on salary you may have the routine of payroll down to a science. Pretty much any other time having ADP do your payroll will make your life easier.
October 31, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "Get employees paid fast"

We use ADP RUN to process our payroll. We use it for direct deposit for our employees' paycheck each week. Allows me to send out checks by my cell phone weekly.
  • Easy input system for payroll
  • Fast
  • System is flexible, you can do sick pay, paid time off, any option
  • Training for inexperienced users
  • Online tutorials demonstrating use of products
Great for small businesses. Eliminates running around town handing out checks.
Kristy Guell profile photo
April 19, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "User Friendly"

We use RUN Powered by ADP for our payroll processing, tax payments, PTO tracking, recruiting, etc. The HR/Payroll department has access and we use it to support the entire firm. It allows us to streamline and outsource processes that we don't have time for such as calculating payroll, administering direct deposit, paying taxes, work comp, 401k calculations, etc. By not having to manually do these items in-house, RUN allows us to save on overhead.
  • The software platform is incredibly easy to learn and user-friendly.
  • The cost is surprisingly better than other payroll processing platforms, especially considering what is included and the longstanding national reputation of ADP.
  • The simplicity, automation, and available templates and reports are incredibly helpful to our growing organization.
  • Communication during implementation could use improvement. A clear, written timeline of expectations would be useful.
  • Having a dedicated customer service rep or department, maybe even local, would be nice for those rare occasions that we need a little help.
RUN is good for companies that don't have a dedicated team for payroll and human resources. Everything you need can be found within the platform, including recruiting, forms and templates. If you don't want to take the time to add employees to the system, you can simply enter their name and email and turn it over to them to enter their info. Employees have access to their check stubs and can adjust their taxes, etc. on their own, saving the employer time and overhead. I don't believe that the platform is ideal for companies who have zero experience with payroll, as I believe having a dedicated representative for questions is more beneficial in those scenarios, but anyone who has done it for a few years should find the platform ideal and user-friendly.
Read Kristy Guell's full review
Robert Simeral profile photo
March 02, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "ADP makes life easy"

We are currently using ADP's RUN for four separate entities that are all managed through our central office. ADP made it simple to link all four accounts so that I can access all four entities from a single login. ADP allowed us to tailor our features (such as payroll processing, HR support, and 401k) for each entity based on its needs. The site itself is easy to use and has made processing payroll easier due to its simplified layout.

We did opt to include the HR support. This has allowed up to easily update our handbook (and will ensure the handbook stays up to date) and has provided numerous documents that have proven useful during performance reviews and onboarding.
  • The key strength of ADP's Run is the simplicity of their web portal. Site navigation is easy thanks to large Icons and clearly described links. Every feature seems to be accessible within 2 to 3 clicks.
  • ADP's support is very helpful. I have called in a few times and the wait is never long to reach a support rep. The support has been able to address any issues I've had in a timely manner and will stay on the line to walk through steps until I am comfortable with them.
  • The sales reps are great. They did a great job of walking through the features and comparing them to my current provider. They came onsite to help with the transition to ADP, and even came to walk us through the first couple payrolls to make sure all the steps were understood.
  • One feature that would be useful is a recall option when submitting payroll. An option to redo a payroll within 30 minutes of submitting would be a useful feature that would cut back on the chances of making a mistake.
ADP RUN seems to be very well suited towards smaller businesses. The site is simple to use and has plenty of features for handling payroll and basic HR functions. I think the system would be a bit cumbersome to use with a larger number of employees (25+), unless you opted to use their time and attendance program.
Read Robert Simeral's full review
Monica Morando profile photo
June 01, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "RUN allowed me to be more confident in running payroll"

RUN is being used company-wide. It is mostly used for payroll aspects, but it has recently been used in the hiring process. We used it to help get the job listing out, to create our company handbook, and to hire a new employee.
  • Everything is clear and concise. It makes using the program very user-friendly.
  • For running payroll, each employee can be set up in a way to make running the next payroll smooth. Details can be set, including workers comp codes and pay rate, so that each employee is already customized. It helps running payroll be more efficient.
  • Help is always available. When state taxes or local taxes are changed, I can send them a copy of the notice and they will take care of it quickly.
  • Something very small is not being able to type in certain areas. You have to select from the drop down instead of being able to type in the first few letters and have it selected. This would help streamline everything a bit more.
For a small company like mine (10-20 employees), having the HR capabilities included has been wonderful, and I imagine it would be for any company this size where they may not have a specific HR person. Since I don't have a background in HR/payroll, ADP has made it very user-friendly and I never feel lost or confused. I would imagine that a large company may not take advantage of everything RUN has to offer, since they might have an entire HR department and bookkeeping department.
Read Monica Morando's full review
Luis F. Garcia profile photo
June 01, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "Run by ADP is great!"

ADP RUN is a reliable payroll processing solution. It offers electronic timecards which create a smooth, paperless process for timekeeping. It offers an intuitive interface for users making aspects of the payroll process easy to access. Customer support, when needed, has been easy to reach, easy to talk to, and reliable in finding a solution to the problem.
  • Timekeeping is simple. Users can access their timecards on multiple devices.
  • Employee portals allow users to keep their personal info up to date, and access paystubs and year end statements. No paper necessary.
  • Payroll can be run in just a few short steps.
  • Adding columns to a payroll on the fly could be made easier.
  • I would love to have a more robust Paid Time Off Tracking tool.
  • Speeding up the site so that pages load faster would be nice. Especially when accessing the company directory.
RUN Powered by ADP is well suited for payroll processing. It handles its core task without issue. The reporting feature could be made simpler, especially for reporting on historic comparisons like how many hours an employee worked per month over multiple years. The paid time off tracking could be made easier too for companies that need a method of tracking this at the ground level.
Read Luis F. Garcia's full review
Anna Cummins profile photo
May 31, 2018

User Review: "I ran with RUN Powered by ADP"

I use RUN in accounting. I am in charge of payroll. I run payroll and it has cut payroll time in half for me. This allows me to work on other projects and allows me to help out in other departments.
  • It allows me to stop and go back and finish when I want to.
  • I can run reports when I want to, no time limits.
  • If I make a mistake it lets me know immediately.
  • I found adding a new employee a little complicated

I am impressed with how fast it is to input the information in for payroll. I am always busy so I have to do it fast. I also like the way it tells you how much payroll and taxes are before you press the done button. It allows me to know exactly how much I need for payroll.

I really haven't come across a scenario where it is less appropriate.

Read Anna Cummins's full review
Doug Fish profile photo
May 28, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "RUN by ADP - a small business payroll solution"

Our organization uses RUN Powered by ADP to prepare payroll twice each month. RUN is an all-inclusive, one-stop payroll solution. With very few exceptions, it has performed well for the company.
  • Easy to manage, access reports and enter data.
  • Easy to make changes to employee files (i.e. wage information, employee address, employee withholding)
  • The interface is nicely intuitive... makes entering hours and completing payroll smooth & uncomplicated.
  • A few months ago we encountered a glitch where an employee's rate of pay changed. Customer service suggested it was "user error" on my part, but when I reviewed the error, I was not able to actually change the rate of pay on the screen in question. At any rate, ADP took the time to walk me through the process and helped me solve the problem quickly.
  • ADP often contacts me to try and sell additional services. I find this to be a tad annoying.
RUN by ADP is appropriate for a small business to administer their own payroll with a minimum of time and effort.
Read Doug Fish's full review
Kim Pandina profile photo
May 28, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "Trused Payroll Service"

It is used by the management team. It is easy, quick, versatile and cost effective.
  • fantastic report
  • excellent customer serivce
  • great interface on the website
  • tech support when website is update is friendly and helpful
  • do not see any downside to this platform for our use
It is a great platform and versatile for our organization even if we grow to over 20 people. We are a small business and need a responsive system tailored for small not a cookie cutter approach like several other payroll services offer.
Read Kim Pandina's full review
Slade Dinn profile photo
May 23, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "A good help for a small business"

It is currently being used by management. It solves the issue of payroll and is being implemented into HR this month. We don’t have to worry about much in either area now, we can look up the HR information we need in seconds and have professionals ready to answer the phone when we have an issue.
  • Payroll is beyond easy each pay period. I can log in and finish it in under 5 minutes. I simply add how many hours for each employee, double check it and hit complete!
  • I wish the mobile app would allow you to enter time for employees. Sometimes I am not near a computer so I have to wait to do payroll.
I think it is great for every payroll, it has scaled very well for me thus far.
Read Slade Dinn's full review
Kristen Skoglund profile photo
May 21, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "ADP - Great for Small Businesses"

I am using RUN for our small business with 3 employees. I trust ADP to provide accurate withholding and payment of payroll taxes, printing W-2s, and reporting.
  • They are up-to-date on the current payroll laws and federal income tax laws.
  • They submit all payroll taxes in a timely manner and complete all year of year reporting.
  • Their website is very easy to use. Easy to navigate.
  • None - it's be best $300 a month spent
I have only used ADP in businesses under 100 employees. They are great for small businesses.
Read Kristen Skoglund's full review
Danielle Sousanes profile photo
May 21, 2018

ADP RUN: "ADP Review"

My company used it across the whole organization. It helped with tracking payroll in a more organized way. It allowed more time for other agenda items rather than counting hours and such. It also made adding tips and doing taxes easier.
  • It is an affordable resource that can dramatically change operations
  • It has a PEO option
  • Benefits & HR Solutions available
It seems well suited for smaller businesses. It is very user-friendly and simplistic. Probably not good for companies with over 25 employees.
Read Danielle Sousanes's full review
Caroline Cohen profile photo
May 11, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "ADP is user friendly and convenient for small businesses"

ADP is used to run payroll for my employees. As a Learning Center we mostly have part-time teachers, therefore it really helps me as a Manager to run payroll bi-weekly. I also use ADP for Background checks. And last but not least, I use Zip Recruiter to find new part-time teachers for my students. I am really happy with ADP services and each time I had a question it was very easy to reach someone over the phone.
  • Bi-weekly payroll is easier
  • Payroll is detailed
  • Employees are granted access to their own pay stubs
  • User friendly website
  • More details about employees access
ADP is appropriate when you are a small Business with a lot of part-time employees.
Read Caroline Cohen's full review
David J. Reali, CPA profile photo
May 07, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "ADP caters to me on the RUN!"

My firm switched what payroll clients we had over to RUN Powered by ADP about a year ago. This was one of the easiest payroll solutions to learn and integrate into our existing bookkeeping processes. The client access gave us the flexibility to still offer payroll services while not forcing us to manually input everything ourselves.
  • The ability for clients to enter their own payroll, then our staff to simply approve and release the payroll, is such a massive time saving tool. This puts the work into the hands of the client, while still allowing us to retain controls to help them avoid silly mistakes - such as paying someone with an "extra 0" on the end of the check.
  • As with anything, there is always room for improvement. The biggest drawback, in my opinion, is the time it takes to set up a new client into the system. The quickest any of my clients have been set-up is in 5 business days (2 people receiving a salary check). It took over 3 weeks for one of the clients to be set up due to various misunderstandings as to what was expected, but even without the additional e-mails back and forth, it should not have taken more than a day or two.
  • Another issue I had was the set-up fee. ADP will input everything for you for $100 per client. I opted to establish and set-up my own clients for a couple of smaller "mom & pop" businesses, and was charged a $75 set-up fee for them. Hindsight?? I would pay them the extra $25 and have them do it - much quicker!
RUN Powered by ADP is a great solution for those firms trying to be more remote oriented. It allows remote access from any computer which makes late submissions and/or changes easier to handle.
Read David J. Reali, CPA's full review
Bruce Krapf profile photo
May 01, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "RUN by ADP is a winner"

We use it for our bi-weekly payroll for the company of 35 employees. RUN addresses timeliness and accuracy of payroll at a very cost-effective price.
  • Easy to use and you can make changes at the last minute while running your payroll.
  • Accurate. Virtually never have an issue.
  • Good reporting including custom report features.
  • I am not experiencing any issues.
RUN Powered by ADP is great for a company our size under 50 employees. The HR help link is very helpful in terms of what a smaller company would need. I think if you had a lot more employees it would be beneficial to step up to one of their higher platforms like the PEO to help with HR functionality.
Read Bruce Krapf's full review
Rob White profile photo
April 26, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "Simple to Use - and Mobile!"

We are using RUN to process payroll for our non-profit organization. The mobile version also helps when I am not in the office. It really simplifies the payroll process, withholding all of the various taxes, making all of the necessary payments for those withholdings, and satisfying the necessary reporting reports for both the State of California and the Federal IRS requirements.
  • Process payroll - it is really as simple as pointing and clicking - and then it is done!
  • Record keeping is simple - everything that you need for payroll reporting is at your fingertips.
  • Employee access to their own records online makes it a simple and carefree solution for the busy bookkeeper!
  • Maybe I am a neophyte book keeper - but I see really nothing that needs improvement.
In my bookkeeping and payroll processing experience I have not encountered a situation where RUN did not meet my needs. I love the mobile access too because I can do my payroll on the run if necessary. I think the most important thing that any solution provider can do is support their product well - and ADP has nailed that!
Read Rob White's full review
Christelle Martin Work profile photo
April 20, 2018

ADP RUN Review: "Easy payroll plateform"

RUN Powered by ADP is used for the payroll. The company uses the Essential plan because the goal was to run our payroll online and having lots of flexibility. Indeed, our former payroll processing asked us to give the information for the payroll between two and three days before doing the payrolls, which was not very flexible and unfair for our employees.
  • Flexibility by processing the payroll directly by computer or via the application and pay the employees by direct deposit. So, the employees can be paid the day after the direct deposit.
  • RUN Powered ADP gives also the opportunity for our employees to have access to it. So, they can view their paystubs.
  • Our company uses QuickBooks and RUN Powered ADP export all the journal entries, which gives us more time to do something else!
  • It is very simple to use.
  • [Except for the fact] that I wish for more flexibility to add information on the paystub by myself, I do not really have any issue so far with RUN Powered by ADP.
RUN Powered by ADP is very convenient and easy to use. With our former payroll company, we needed to give the information for processing the payroll between 2 and 3 days, which was not very convenient and now with ADP the employees have their payroll the day after the payrolls are processed.
Read Christelle Martin Work's full review

Pay calculation (6)
Support for external payroll vendors (2)
Benefit plan administration (3)
Direct deposit files (6)
Salary revision and increment management (5)
Reimbursement management (5)

About ADP RUN

ADP RUN is a platform for payroll and tax processing plus people management for small businesses and startups. It aims to be a smarter, simpler, and more affordable payroll, tax and HR solution.

ADP RUN includes cloud-based payroll processing and automatic tax filing. The vendor says users can either process payroll--or even automate it--in just a few steps. Users can run payroll online, on mobile, or over the phone, and can automatically calculate deductions for taxes, benefits and retirement. ADP RUN also allows users to easily export data to major accounting products. These features are designed to give users the following benefits:
  • Allows organizations to go paperless and receive all information online
  • Help HR users analyze their data quickly and easily with custom reporting

The vendor offers service and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Users can also access online tools and resources anytime.

According to the vendor, whether you have 2 employees or 25, RUN features built-in HR services that make it easy to grow and manage your team while helping you with your compliance challenges.

ADP RUN Features

Has featureEasy and automated payroll
Has featureComplete Payroll tax filing
Has featureHR, Insurance and Retirement all-in-one place

ADP RUN Screenshots

ADP RUN Integrations

ADP RUN Competitors

ADP RUN Customer Size Distribution

Enterprises (> 500 employees)Enterprises (> 500 employees)

ADP RUN Support Options