Reviews (1-25 of 91)
- Payroll - Provides me with a platform to enter employee work hours and then receive DD or live paychecks.
- Payroll Taxes - Collects, reports and pays taxes at the local, state and federal levels.
- Process - Hand-offs and ownership of customer issues need vast improvement. Hire me and I'll do something about it post-haste.
- Sales Coverage - After close to 9 years with ADP you'd think someone would come around and say "Boo".
Where a company has an in house specialist perhaps not as necessary.
- Multiple Payroll Categories- This allows me to pay my teachers for the different roles they take throughout the year.
- Employee data management- Helps keep tabs on their current phone numbers so if I need a substitute I can look through my current and past employee data to reach out.
- Snap shot of previous payroll totals- helps give me a quick glance look at our patterns over the last 3 months.
- I often process a "salary" amount for my teachers who provide private lessons and an hourly amount for their standard classes. It would be helpful if I could enter these totals on one line without there being an error message. It gets tedious needing to click "add a line" for each different payroll category I need to select.
- If ADP could also save the lines I've added for each employee from the previous payroll that would be helpful too. For example, if Sharon had three separate lines for payroll (one being her standard teacher rate, the next her office/admin hours and third being her private lesson lump sum ) on the previous payroll when I log in this time if those three lines automatically populated under her name that would be helpful. Or having a function where I can select how many lines the teacher receives and can click them on and off as their role changes.
I wish there was a way to download an excel spreadsheet of the payroll when it's done but not submitted so that I can share it with my department heads for approval before submitting.
- Keeps track of tax withholding for employees.
- Keeps track of simple IRA contributions.
- Ease of automatic deposits.
- Tracks employee vacation and holiday time.
- Easy to enter new employees and inactivate old employees.
- I have no complaints.
The biggest problem I had prior to using RUN Powered by ADP was the need to produce checks that do not show my company's account information. ADP has resolved this issue for me by providing "company" checks that show an account number that is not associated with my banking information so I don't have to worry about illegal activity from my contractors as it relates to my company's bank account. ADP has proven that they can handle just about every concern I've had in getting my contractors paid on time and resolving any issues I may have had in a timely and professional manner. The staff at ADP is also very knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient.
- Fast direct deposits - usually 24 hours notice is all that's required.
- Friendly, professional and courteous staff.
- Fast delivery of checks to my place of business - usually by 10:00 am the next business day following payroll processing.
- Timely and efficient investigation and resolution to issues.
- Pricing - the cost associated with running payroll is as much as $10 per check when my payroll is small (1-5) by comparison to the "big payroll" (25+).
- Better communication regarding when payroll processing may be affected by holidays. Must log in to be advised of potential delays. I would prefer an email.
- Calls and emails from staff promoting services my company does not use due to the type of employees (contractors) in my organization. They should review the account before soliciting services. Although, it is acceptable that they would check in in the event my business model changes to include direct employees.
- Entering payroll hours is super easy.
- They file all of our tax liability reports on time.
- They pay all our tax liabilities on time.
- Their fees were a bit too high for our small company, but we were able to negotiate lower fees that were within our budget.
- If properly set-up, withholdings calculation
- Withholdings remittances
- Direct deposit to employees
- Year-end reports
- Sometimes there are delays in withholdings declaration incurring penalties and fees.
- Resolution turnaround is very long, but customer service is curteous.
- Ease of use.
- Ease of adding and removing employees.
- Security and login.
- When I have trouble with payroll taxes and such, I'd appreciate better support.
- A dedicated payroll specialist who reaches out every couple of months would be great.
- I'd appreciate a longevity discount.
- Very user-friendly
- Payroll can be run remotely
- Able to divide labor costs into respective departments and by the type of work employees do
- Really easy to enter employees worked hours
- Easy to run any reports according to the data you are looking for so you can analyze labor costs any way you want
- Very easy to apply deductions to employees
- Very easy to pull any employees historical data
- Easy retrieval on W-2s at year end
- All garnishments and deductions available within the system and all jurisdictions are available to assign garnishment payments to right withholding authority
- Can be a little pushy with marketing emails
- Quick and easy payroll processing. Payroll reports are available to print and review immediately after hours are entered for payroll processing which is very helpful. Whenever there has been an occasion in which there was an entry error, Client Services made correcting the problem quick and painless.
- Simple W-2 processing. With all of our payroll processed through RUN W-2s are easily created for us with little to no work on our end.
- Helpful reports available. Of the many reports we access most often is quarterly payroll verification for employees.
- Helpful HR resource documents. We are able to have current tax withholding forms and I-9s available to print when we hire a new employee. This saves us time from having to search for new versions on the internet with the change of the year.
- It would be helpful if the payroll summary that I review before final submission showed the separation of regular hours from overtime and vacation/sick hours.
- We are having difficulty getting general ledger up and running because a few of our people work in more then one job classification. The person that assisted me with trying to map my employees for general ledger also did not properly map some employees so I need to find out how to edit their mapping. The person that assisted me in mapping employees also mapped ALL inactive employees, so our employee list is a muddled mess that is difficult to sort through. I have reached out multiple times to get assistance with fixing these problems, but no one has gotten back with me to followed up or assist me.
- Since we are an organization near the Kansas/Missouri state line we have employees that work for us from outside the state our organization resides in, which is KS. For some reason RUN will only allow for state payroll taxes to be paid to the state where our organization resides (KS), so our employees that live in MO end up getting taxes taken out for the wrong state. These employees end up getting a full refund from KS since they live in MO, however they end up owing a good amount of money each year to MO since no payroll taxes were withheld for their home state. This is frustrating for employees in this situation. I know from my previous job that there are non-resident state payroll tax forms that can be filled our for KS, and that we should as the employer be withholding payroll taxes for the employee for the correct state, however in speaking with ADP client services I was not able to get this available for us to do. If we could get this resolved it would be a HUGE plus!
- It would also be helpful if we could set our flat rate contractors for monthly payment, vs only biweekly. Right now we have to remember to change the flat pay to zero every other pay period.
- Support is very good with RUN. I don't need it often but when I do, they are there.
- RUN is straight forward and intuitive.
- RUN's historical reports are very useful. It is great to have at my fingertips when I'm asked for any past information.
- Sometimes I wish I could run reports across different years instead of one year at a time.
- Sometimes I would like to enter information in more of a spreadsheet fashion. I'd like the option.
- I preferred the previous version of Paycheck Calculator but I am getting used to the latest version.
- Payroll processing.
- Payroll reports.
- Employee login.
- Ease of use.
- Keeping historical data on salary changes for employees.
- Keeping historical data on changes of title changes or part-time/full-time status changes.
- Better HR reports.
- Better PTO tracking reports.
- ADP is excellent at reviewing my account and assessing things that may need to be updated.
- ADP offers numerous services which add convenience and save time in running a business.
- Customer service agents are proactive in making sure I am satisfied with ADP.
- I actually have zero complaints. I am very satisfied with this ADP.
- Hassle-free report filings
- Excellent customer service
- Easy to use website
- It can be somewhat expensive with a small number of employees.
- Specific reports needed for insurance reviews/audits are sometimes hard to find.
- Using both employees & subcontractors can sometimes create awkward situations during payroll processing.
- Easy to use interface and customizations.
- Great Customer Support Team available for help when needed.
- Easy to navigate through payroll processes.
- Integration with other HR systems for data transfer.
- Online Learning Modules.
- Employee Self-Service
- Manager Self-Service
- Recruiting Interface
- Document Cloud
- More interfaces with career websites
- More automation in reporting (emailing reports for example)
- Very easy to add new employees. The process to add new employees is a simple step by step process. If you have the employee present, it is even more easier.
- Processing Payroll. Processing payroll with RUN by ADP is super easy. When it is time to run payroll, you click on "run payroll" and follow the steps to process payroll for the given period. Processing Payroll with RUN by ADP is super easy and painless.
- Reporting. RUN by ADP has so many different types of reports. You can get a report for each pay period by each employee or you can run a report for the entire year. Super Helpful.
- Chat Function. RUN by ADP has a built in chat function. This function can be improved by the ability to upload data to the rep and provide a more appealing chat design.
- Employee Access. RUN by ADP offers the ability for employees to gain access to view their pay stubs, change withholding, and change bank account info. The problem with this function is when on the employer side, I allow a new employee access, the employee never gets an email to get access to their account. I usually have to resend the email again.
I wish RUN by ADP was more transparent about the cutoff times to process payroll timely. It would be very nice to know what is the latest I could process payroll to have it be processed on time.
- Easy to modify employee information, wages and deductions
- Has built in calculators for taxes and deductions which is super helpful
- From start to finish, it only take a few clicks and my payroll is processed and complete.
- The bundled reporting works awesome for us, but it has a wealth of reporting options and they are also easy to use.
- It really provides all we need and more.
- RUN allows me to easily add new employees and make changes to current employees.
- RUN allows new or current employees to change direct deposit locations and receive their pay at the new financial institution, the same pay period.
- RUN allows the review of payroll reports and to do research quickly and easily.
- When entering new employee information, there could be more guidance on items like taxes.
- When entering employee items like a wage garnishment, there could be more guidance online.
- When granting employees access to their accounts, more online guidance would be appreciated
RUN Powered by ADP® Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About RUN Powered by ADP®
RUN Powered by ADP® (“RUN”) is a platform for payroll and tax processing plus people management for small businesses and startups. It aims to be a smarter, simpler, and more affordable payroll, tax and HR solution.
RUN includes cloud-based payroll processing and automatic tax filing. The vendor says users can either process payroll--or even automate it--in just a few steps. Users can run payroll online, on mobile, or over the phone, and can automatically calculate deductions for taxes, benefits and retirement. RUN also allows users to easily export data to major accounting products. These features are designed to give users the following benefits:
- Allows organizations to go paperless and receive all information online
- Help HR users analyze their data quickly and easily with custom reporting
The vendor offers service and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Users can also access online tools and resources anytime.
According to the vendor, whether you have 2 employees or up to 50, RUN features built-in HR services that make it easy to grow and manage your team while helping you with your compliance challenges.
RUN Powered by ADP® Screenshots
RUN Powered by ADP® Integrations
RUN Powered by ADP® Competitors
RUN Powered by ADP® Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||100%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||0%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||0%|
RUN Powered by ADP® Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
RUN Powered by ADP® Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||United States|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish|