RUN Powered by ADP® Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

April 26, 2021
Mario Stone | TrustRadius Reviewer
[RUN Powered by ADP is] used by management such as myself and the owner to process payroll. It mainly addresses everything we need for accounting and keeping track of employee hours and bonuses. More recently, it has been key to obtaining all the files and forms we needed for the PPP First and Second Draw loans. We tried using resource before, but it was more difficult to use, not as intuitive and not as simplified.
  • Reports
  • Payroll
  • Needed Funds tracking
  • Finding reports. I love that they are all there, but it is hard to find them without support.
  • More attention given to the time tracking feature, to see where we can go to check employee hours.
  • I'd love an over-time calculator, to project monthly or yearly added overtime costs.
I would definitely recommend RUN [Powered by ADP], and plan to use it myself once I establish my own dental office. The reason is it is simplified and intuitive, and has all the reports I need. I haven't used HR yet, but I'm curious to see how it can help the company. I also like that it shows just how much funds are needed for payroll, and I'm confident that any tax form I need will be found within RUN. I'm also very happy with their customer support, even though right now it takes longer to connect with an agent it has always been worth it, and I love that they give the option to call us back.
Read Mario Stone's full review
April 19, 2021
Raymond DeStefano | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use [RUN Powered by ADP] for HR and for payroll as well as reporting. This helps us track our employees dates, hiring actions, PTO and payroll information including rates of pay, deductions and contributions to the IRA. This system makes it easy to get the job done including paying our employees, entering a new hire or changes and to be able to run reports with ease.
  • Ease of running reports
  • Payroll is easy to process and complete
  • Entering new information and new employees is a simple process step by step
  • Customer Service is usually pretty easy to get...some waits for call backs at times
  • You need to be able to put job titles in but you cannot! This is the worst thing missing.
  • More customer service reps to lower wait times would be helpful.
  • Job categories should be able to be entered manually as they rarely match our job's categories.
[RUN Powered by ADP] is great for small businesses or non-profits who do not need all the bells and whistles. I was using Workforce Now before this and it is much more complete and has many more features. But not all of that is needed for my new company that is a small non-profit. For either it would be good to be able to add job titles and for this system you cannot at this time. That is the thing that is the most needed in [RUN Powered by ADP].
Read Raymond DeStefano's full review
April 18, 2021
Hope Sinclair | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a very small organization and underwent a leadership change in 2017. At that time we went from Trinet to ADP Run. It was a no-brainer to be able to do as I wanted all of my contacts to be local and me to be able to quickly reach the individuals that were helping me run the program, even in the background. We used RUN for payroll services but ended up switching last March due to needing a bit more (like a PEO platform for cheaper insurance). However, being with the larger company now has me ready to go back to RUN as there is not that big of a difference in the platforms beyond the cheaper insurance rates.
  • Easy access to the platform.
  • Quick responses.
  • Knowledgeable about their products.
  • Ease of access to documents.
  • learning more about nonprofits they did not pay my nonprofit unemployment taxes for three years which ended up getting me a large penalty.
  • Having a PEO option.
  • Allowing me to send an email and allowing staff to put in their direct deposit info or choosing their insurance similar to what total source does but less expensive.
RUN was the first platform I used in my current role. Switching to another really made me miss RUN. RUN is very attentive to needs, their chat is easy to locate and they are responsive. I enjoyed RUN but was hoping for a more all-inclusive platform that provided a one-stop-shop. I think if RUN could provide the insurance options where staff can log in to select benefits and add their direct deposit, etc.
Read Hope Sinclair's full review
June 01, 2021
Lalitha Vadlamani-Simmers | TrustRadius Reviewer
As the owner of my practice, I manage the hiring of employees, and RUN Powered by ADP® makes it easy to get them enrolled in payroll, manage their pay deductions, keeps up with accrued vacation and sick days, and allowed me to customize how my employees receive their benefits. RUN Powered by ADP® set up the direct deposit, etc. so simple to set up and use and well worth the fee! Makes being the boss snd doing admin while seeing patients easy to accomplish all the necessary tasks to keep a medical clinic running!!!! Onboarding with [name] was fun and super simple. And he continues to help guide me in the right direction if I have a question. The response time when I need help is immediate! The additional resources ADP-Run provides: zip recruiter, time card management, etc allows me to address all of my employee's needs with regards to pay snd potential benefits as we grow. We’ve only been open for 6 weeks. RUN Powered by ADP® helped me run the first payroll [...] without a hiccup. All ADP reports can be connected to quick books and easily received by my accountant for end-of-year taxes, etc.
  • Onboarding new employees seamlessly
  • Takes care of all the background details (w-4, tax deductions, vacation [sick] time accrual and documentation, direct deposit) so I didn’t have to and more cost-effective than my accountant doing this for me
  • Allows me to be in control of money matters so I can insure employees are paid at the correct times without delay
  • Give [name] a HUGE RAISE! He convinced me RUN Powered by ADP® was what my new practice needed as an important piece of our success puzzle and he was right!!!!
  • Need to have someone in payroll contact me about my employee time cards to make sure their benefits are showing up for their documentation and ours as a business.
Best third party vendor I’ve used to set up snd run my practice
Simple
Read Lalitha Vadlamani-Simmers's full review
February 04, 2021
Aram Sayadi | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's primarily used for my payroll needs.
  • Reporting Hours of teachers
  • Reporting new hires
  • Making Changes to employees' files
  • Reporting employees' dismissal
  • Be great, if teachers would receive their records of paystubs
  • Be great, if the system can change the rate of employment insurance based on the state adjustments
  • Be great, if the system can allow me to report back to the state for claims of employment benefits
  • End of the year Tax Documents in one bundle
I have found the system very efficient and secure. To my personal experience, I have not discovered anything inappropriate. It's smart and quick way to report payroll. I would like to have received the employer's cost of each employee by the end of quarters, as well as the end of the year.
Read Aram Sayadi's full review
February 01, 2021
Kathy Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RUN Powered by ADP to process payroll, maintain our employee PTO Data, monitor our tax filings, and create various employee payroll reports for
Insurance Audits, our Accountant, and other needs. We are a small business and I am the sole user for our company - this covers all of our employees including myself. It's been an invaluable resource and takes all of the guesswork out of Payroll processing and report generation. The problems it addresses is -flagging employees when they reach PTO limits, and it makes generating needed insurance audit data a breeze since I can make reports for custom date periods.
  • RUN is an unparalleled choice for Payroll Processing. Error free and easy to use. We have tried other services and none can compare.
  • RUN makes generating Payroll Reports for all types of analysis (internal needs, Insurance Audit needs, Accountant needs) an absolute breeze. There is a wide variety of pre-set templates, or a tutorial for creating your own as needed. Intuitive and easy to use.
  • RUN also makes access to my tax filings and tax data a breeze. Reports are easy to find and generate as needed
  • RUN sends critical notifications about all Payroll aspects - I was particularly impressed by a 'pop-up' that noted a paycheck that seemed larger than normal - it makes me feel there is a great double-check feature in place.
  • In the past, I've found the Direct Deposit feature to be a little challenging to implement. It's been vastly improved and easier to use.
I think RUN [Powered by ADP] is perfect for all business sizes, however my perspective is from the small business person- I am the General Manager of my business, however I wear many hats and implement H/R functions as well as direct sales and Accounting. For me to be able to pop onto the Run site, enter my payroll data and submit it within 5-10 minutes is a godsend for me. RUN saves me time (which equals saving me money) and relieves my conscience knowing it will be accurate. It's perfect of businesspersons in my situation. I do think a certain level of Data Entry experience is needed in order to use the site, it might not be the best fit for someone who doesn't have software navigation familiarity.
Read Kathy Davis's full review
January 29, 2021
Julia Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use [RUN Powered by ADP] for all of my payroll needs, including tax prep.
  • Payroll is a snap
  • Tax prep is easy
  • Reporting features are great
  • None
  • Everything is truly great
We are a very small business with less than 15 employees. Because we are Smoothie store, we have seasonal sales. Run [Powered by ADP] easily allows for employees to be temporarily removed. I have not ever had any problems with this program. I love it!
Read Julia Cooper's full review
January 28, 2021
Joyce Fox | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using RUN Powered by ADP for our entire business. We can easily adjust deductions, add bank accounts, HSA, and other deductions as needed by the employees. The program allows for a variety of payroll needs and customizes it for your particular need. We can opt out of a payroll or add an extra one. Someone is always available to answer questions. Your employees can access their account if you wish them to have access. Monthly and year to date reports are available for review at anytime on your account and can be printed or exported as needed. It is simple to use, with prompts and step by step procedures.
  • Communication: Always sending reminders, updates, and offering assistance with items you may not even know you need.
  • Provide tax services and are on top of reporting necessary taxes that are due and taking care of the necessary items that need to be EFT.
  • Efficient and continually updating their services as needed with new tax laws, etc.
  • Providing webinars for it's customers
  • As a new user, the transfer from the registration agent to the client representative was not explained and caused a slight delay in communication since I was contacting the wrong person for questions.
  • A simple step by step Chart for running the first payroll would an asset. Once you do it, the process is simple and easy.
[RUN Powered by ADP] is a great resource for companies large or small. It can save you a lot of time running payroll as well as time clock if you are interested in that service. The W-2 process is also seamless. The quality of their personnel offers you a great resource that can answer your questions and get you set up with the services that you need. Each company is unique in the requirements that are needed for success and ADP assists you in determining what you need.
Read Joyce Fox's full review
Monica Fairchild | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use [RUN Powered by ADP] for our payroll service and tax reporting. It is being used by the whole organization. ADP makes our payroll process seamless and the yearly reports are perfectly prepared for our accountant for filing our tax return. Each time we need to make changes to payroll, the customer service is efficient and capable to handle any changes we have.
  • Payroll is set for automatic payments with no work needed on our end.
  • We get monthly email confirmations with details for each paycheck.
  • The RUN interface is extremely easy to use. All the tax reports I need are easily accessible.
  • My annual reporting can be pulled quickly for our accountant for our tax return.
  • I've had no issues with ADP.
For any company needing a payroll service that takes care of everything including tax reporting, I would highly recommend [RUN Powered by ADP].
Read Monica Fairchild's full review
May 21, 2021
William Ragan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Run is used for our Payroll within the entire company. This product address the worries of collecting the payroll taxes and makes receiving pay for my employees easy. The product is very easy to use and my payroll can be processed within minutes. ADP also offers several other products to help my business run.
  • Simple to use.
  • Dependable services.
  • Friendly staff.
  • Small business pricing
  • Insurance options covering all industries.
  • Implementation support.
Payroll for small business is made simple. My company doesn't have to worry about calculating taxes and making sure these taxes are getting paid.
Read William Ragan's full review
April 15, 2021
Lisa Tran | TrustRadius Reviewer
RUN Powered by ADP is used as our main US payroll provider. As a Canadian business with US employees, we required a provider that could work with a small start-up to jump-start providing US payments in accordance with US laws. We needed something that could be set up fairly quickly, is easy to learn, and is cost-effective.
  • Great support team! Questions are answered fairly quickly and they're very helpful.
  • Software is easy to learn and use.
  • Too many emails.
It's great for small businesses and start-ups. It's a popular tool that many companies use so being able to use this can be a great skill to have fro all HR/Payroll professionals.
Read Lisa Tran's full review
March 30, 2021
Donisha Law | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Run makes it easy for me to process a single-member business and pay myself. It calculates my taxes and everything for me. I have not had any issues.
  • You can process payroll with one click!
  • Calculates your taxes being paid easily.
  • Great customer service.
  • Always available when I call.
  • So far, since I have been using it, I haven’t seen any missing functionalities.
When I first signed up, Chanel walked me through the whole set up and she reached out many times to make sure I was okay or if I need anything! She is awesome!
Read Donisha Law's full review
March 13, 2021
Robb Azaren | TrustRadius Reviewer
RUN Powered by ADP® handles our needs for payroll processing and retirement services we offer to our employees. We use it across the entire company and it is easier to use [than] our previous software.
  • Payroll Processing
  • Retirement Services
  • Insurance
  • None at this time - we are still new to they system.
Extremely easy to use for processing payroll. We have employees in multiple states and RUN Powered by ADP® makes it easy for us to pay them. Also [with paying] the necessary State and Federal taxes. Everything is in one place and easy to review whenever necessary. The reports are also exceptional.
Read Robb Azaren's full review
Mark Rundquist | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use [RUN Powered by ADP] across my whole organization. The payroll and workers comp insurance is very user friendly
  • Payroll is quick and easy
  • Workers comp insurance is figured on each payroll run
  • Employees can make changes to their own personal file
  • At this time, I can't think of anything that limits me or what might be missing
Competitive price, easy to use, calculates worker comp information/figures on each payroll, great customer service
Read Mark Rundquist's full review
Michele Scott | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use [RUN Powered by ADP] for Payroll and 401K. It is used across the whole company.
  • Takes care of all the payroll filings (Ex. State, Federal and Payroll Taxes)
  • Direct Deposit for all employees and can use more than 1 account to deposit in.
  • Provide us with W-2's at the end of the year.
  • Very easy to use and can login from anywhere.
  • Can print any report and/or filing anytime.
  • Customer service. It's not often I need help but it's never the same person I need to contact.
  • Do not have one set person to call because they are not with the company any longer.
Definitely a 10 because [RUN Powered by ADP is] easy to use and does all our filing with no stress involved on my part.
Read Michele Scott's full review
January 19, 2021
Craig Coller | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use RUN Powered by ADP to process payroll and to obtain all tax reports. RUN is available 24/7 to accomplish these functions, which can be done quickly and easily. Support is generally available by chat or by phone and it is quite user-friendly. I have tried other payroll companies and this is top-notch.
  • Most importantly processing payroll is the top use for RUN.
  • Secondly, RUN develops important tax forms such as W-2.
  • Finally, critical reports can easily be developed with RUN.
  • During heavy usage the chat function can get pretty lengthy.
I think RUN is great for a sole practitioner such as myself. It does not require a lot of work to understand the process. When you have a question the chat function is always there and the support personnel is very friendly and knowledgeable. I cannot think of a circumstance where it would not be appropriate and it is great for a small businesses.
Read Craig Coller's full review
January 19, 2021
Jenny Baez | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am the director of a small preschool program. We use RUN for our payroll. I am able to gather tax reports as needed with RUN.
  • Payroll is very easy to set up and get going. Easy to add or terminate employees.
  • They have online customer service at your fingertips and are very helpful.
  • I am able to gather tax reports as needed for our accountant. Easy to access, download and/or print out.
  • One feature I would like to have on the employee area is the ability to put a staff member on leave without having to choose to terminate their employment.
  • I honestly have not had any issues, but we are a small non-profit.
We are a small non-profit preschool. It is an affordable choice for us to use RUN and it fits all of our needs. I recommend it for similar small businesses.
Read Jenny Baez's full review
April 22, 2021
Miriam Rangel-Silos | TrustRadius Reviewer
The RUN Powered by ADP is being used by the payroll department only not the entire company. We have no business problems to address.
  • Their website is easy to use.
  • Easy access to customer service.
  • Video Tutorials
  • Faster way to reach customer service
  • The service request is not as fast as a chat request.
I recommend RUN to another colleague.
Read Miriam Rangel-Silos's full review
April 15, 2021
Kim Reid | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am the office manager at a small commercial real estate office. We switched from QB payroll to Run to process bi-weekly payroll and handle deposits and tax returns.
  • Processing is easy.
  • The support is horrible once setup was completed.
I have questions regarding the G/L setup that only came up when the first quarterly tax deposit had to be made. I am the only one in the office and cannot stay on hold for hours or have a call back at a time when I cannot talk. I have spent hours trying to get my question answered without success. The support is not what I am used to with ADP.
Read Kim Reid's full review
April 12, 2021
Jennifer Sparks | TrustRadius Reviewer
My office switched a few months ago to RUN Powered by ADP® and so far I have nothing but great things to say. It is user-friendly and simple to use. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a new payroll company!
  • Reports
  • Contacting representatives
Love how easy it is to navigate the site!
Read Jennifer Sparks's full review
March 02, 2021
Catherine O’Leary | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for payroll services on a weekly basis - it assists with tax purposes and ensuring that we are kept on a schedule.
  • User friendly.
  • Easy to use.
  • Time efficient.
  • n/a
It is great for payroll and HR purposes, such as creating handbooks and making sure they are upheld.
Read Catherine O’Leary's full review
January 31, 2021
Tracy Komhyr | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a part-time office manager for 2 companies. ADP is so easy to use. I just log the employee's hours in and off I go. I don't need to mess with figuring out taxes and writing checks. Bonus, ADP figured out my PPP loan, what a huge, HUGE help that was. If you need anything, their customer service department is fast and knowledgeable, I've always got my answers quickly and professionally.
  • Easy to read and navigate the ADP website.
  • Payroll for 10 employees takes less than 10 minutes to run.
  • They created the PPP loan application.
  • Wish the HR side of ADP was cheaper.
Read Tracy Komhyr's full review
Galen Heckathorn | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use RUN Powered by ADP® to track and process my payroll accounts. I am looking into using it for my health care too. All around they have such an abundance of resources and trained professionals; you really cant go wrong. No matter what your business needs are, RUN Powered by ADP® surely will have you covered.
  • Great customer service that is always available when I need it
  • The reports tool is awesome and very customizable
  • Good prices on their services
  • Great payroll, health care, and retirement plan integration
Great prices for the services offered; great quality of service. Their customer care reps have such a depth of resources to draw on to serve their customers. No matter what services or issues you need solved, they can take care of it. All around just a great value and so efficient to have it all under one network.
Read Galen Heckathorn's full review
Richard Millett | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to process payroll and keep track of taxes that are paid on our behalf.
  • Input data.
  • Pays employees.
  • Takes care of most taxes.
  • The new tax display is not user friendly or intuitive. I keep having to go to the classic view to get what I need.
  • Keep changing things and not always for the better. Sometimes I must call to find out where I need to go to do something.
It is well suited to process payroll.
Read Richard Millett's full review
Virginia Blakeman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sole owner - small business, and I use [RUN Powered by ADP] for all of my payroll and taxation needs.
  • Clarity and ease of user interface is excellent
  • Reports are easy to find, generate, and correct if needed
  • Excellent customer service
  • Accounting program links to QuickBooks or other software
Perfect for sole ownership, however, I can see how much ease of use this would be for a company much bigger with more employees
Read Virginia Blakeman's full review

Pay calculation (83)
9.2
Support for external payroll vendors (20)
5.1
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (40)
Benefit plan administration (33)
Direct deposit files (80)
Salary revision and increment management (60)
Reimbursement management (31)

What is RUN Powered by ADP®?

ADP's small business payroll and HR solution, RUN Powered by ADP® (RUN) aims to help small business owners save time, stay compliant and better manage a team. It supports:

Payroll
Process payroll at a desk or on the move, during business hours or in the middle of the night. Users can put recurring payroll on autopilot.

Tax & Compliance
Keep ahead of state and federal tax laws and HR regulations with automatic updates covering all 50 states. Users receive 24/7 support from certified payroll experts.

Hiring & HR
Grow and manage a team with built-in HR and hiring tools. Post open positions to over 100 of the web’s leading job boards with one click via ZipRecruiter®, and create a complete, professional-quality handbook (based on state and federal employment laws) with the employee handbook wizard.

Employee Perks

Users can take care of their teams with perks like flexible pay options, employee assistance services, and consumer discount programs.

RUN Powered by ADP® Screenshots

RUN Powered by ADP® Videos (6)

RUN Powered by ADP® Downloadables

RUN Powered by ADP® Integrations

QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Xero, Sage 50cloud Accounting (formerly Sage 50 Accounting)

RUN Powered by ADP® Competitors