RUN Powered by ADP® Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Christopher Colvin profile photo
Bi-Weekly payroll, quarterly and annual tax reporting.
  • Payroll - Provides me with a platform to enter employee work hours and then receive DD or live paychecks.
  • Payroll Taxes - Collects, reports and pays taxes at the local, state and federal levels.
  • Process - Hand-offs and ownership of customer issues need vast improvement. Hire me and I'll do something about it post-haste.
  • Sales Coverage - After close to 9 years with ADP you'd think someone would come around and say "Boo".
It does my payroll and taxes once I have input employee work hours into the software. It is the ADP team that I have issues with and sorry to express them here, but hopefully, I will get some attention now.
Read Christopher Colvin's full review
Hunter Hay profile photo
We are using RUN across the whole organization in order to process payroll, implement our 401k, and tax reporting purposes. Business English Elite benefits most from keeping the tax details of our bi-weekly payroll updated and providing a statement at the end of the year. This allows tax preparation to be reduced significantly.
  • Documentation for tax preparation.
  • Ease of running payroll.
  • Utilized the HR document preparation.
  • Communication when having issues.
Running bi-weekly payroll for the entire organization or just certain employees. Preparing for tax reporting on a yearly basis. Entering information for independent contractors and preparing tax documents. Utilizing direct deposit options.
Read Hunter Hay's full review
Adam Jowers profile photo
We are a small operation with me as a CFO consultant and then the owner. So only two people involved. I am a CPA but don't like the hassle of payroll but it's a necessary function of businesses I work with. ADP makes it easy for me to offer payroll and minimize my time with the service.
  • Providing information for the accountant.
  • Submitting tax reports timely.
  • Submitting tax payments timely.
  • Providing reports for employees and management.
  • Some fees could be reduced.
ADP is great for my small clients that need me to help them with their payroll.

Where a company has an in house specialist perhaps not as necessary.
Read Adam Jowers's full review
Yvonne Roberts profile photo
We switched to Run ADP from a small proprietor who was processing our payroll. As an office manager of a solo pediatrics office taking on payroll seemed overwhelming at the beginning but ADP has made processing payroll so much easier than I thought it would be. Having to take on the responsibility of human resources and all the laws and updates to laws has been manageable with ADP. Getting updates to laws, even local laws is great and being able to call in to ask questions has been great and knowing that all our employees are being paid correctly and according to the laws let me sleep soundly at night. We recently signed up with Aflac and to implement the payroll deductions was a simple phone call. The employees love having access to their pay stubs online and it saves me time by not having to log in somewhere and print a pay stub for them.
  • Great customer service.
  • Easy to use.
  • Reminders and updates.
  • I really haven't seen a need for any changes.
Sometimes work life gets busy and getting the reminders to run payroll is great!
Read Yvonne Roberts's full review
Katie Skinner profile photo
ADP Run is used for our payroll needs as well as our employee database. It is primarily used only by the general manager, however, all employees have access to their employee portals. ADP run allows me to send the paycheck writing and direct deposit distribution to someone else to handle so that I can spend my time on other tasks.
  • Multiple Payroll Categories- This allows me to pay my teachers for the different roles they take throughout the year.
  • Employee data management- Helps keep tabs on their current phone numbers so if I need a substitute I can look through my current and past employee data to reach out.
  • Snap shot of previous payroll totals- helps give me a quick glance look at our patterns over the last 3 months.
  • I often process a "salary" amount for my teachers who provide private lessons and an hourly amount for their standard classes. It would be helpful if I could enter these totals on one line without there being an error message. It gets tedious needing to click "add a line" for each different payroll category I need to select.
  • If ADP could also save the lines I've added for each employee from the previous payroll that would be helpful too. For example, if Sharon had three separate lines for payroll (one being her standard teacher rate, the next her office/admin hours and third being her private lesson lump sum ) on the previous payroll when I log in this time if those three lines automatically populated under her name that would be helpful. Or having a function where I can select how many lines the teacher receives and can click them on and off as their role changes.
It is well suited in that I can categorize my employees and enter payroll for each department. For example, my admin staff appears first when I go to run payroll, next come my regular teachers, then my Dance Team teachers and lastly are my temporary or substitutes.

I wish there was a way to download an excel spreadsheet of the payroll when it's done but not submitted so that I can share it with my department heads for approval before submitting.
Read Katie Skinner's full review
Matthew Elison profile photo
I use this program strictly for payroll for my entire organization. It keeps track of employee hours, vacation time, Holidays, Simple IRA contributions, and tax withholdings. It was a smooth transition to change from our previous payroll program to ADP. The representative was helpful and thorough. He understood our needs and delivered a superior product. We are happy with our decision to make the change to ADP. We find the capability for automatic deposit to be invaluable to all employees.
  • Keeps track of tax withholding for employees.
  • Keeps track of simple IRA contributions.
  • Ease of automatic deposits.
  • Tracks employee vacation and holiday time.
  • Easy to enter new employees and inactivate old employees.
  • I have no complaints.
I really have no complaints about this product. It is very user-friendly and running payroll is a breeze!
Read Matthew Elison's full review
Sandrine Tounissoux profile photo
Product used for US employees payroll to handle direct deposit and withholdings calculation and payment.
  • If properly set-up, withholdings calculation
  • Withholdings remittances
  • Direct deposit to employees
  • Year-end reports
  • Sometimes there are delays in withholdings declaration incurring penalties and fees.
  • Resolution turnaround is very long, but customer service is curteous.
Resolution turnaround when withholdings have not been declared properly can be very long, but customer service is courteous.
Read Sandrine Tounissoux's full review
Ty Schrupp profile photo
July 12, 2019

Very satisfied

I switched 2 years ago from another payroll company to using ADP. I'm very pleased. It takes me less than 5 minutes to run my payroll, so that couldn't be better for me. All of this, and I saved money from the previous provider. Pretty cool. I do recommend ADP to other business owners that I know, and I will continue to. Thanks, ADP.
  • Ease of use.
  • Ease of adding and removing employees.
  • Security and login.
  • When I have trouble with payroll taxes and such, I'd appreciate better support.
  • A dedicated payroll specialist who reaches out every couple of months would be great.
  • I'd appreciate a longevity discount.
Ease of use, and ability to run payroll quickly.
Read Ty Schrupp's full review
Talha Anwar profile photo
We use this across our whole organization for all employees. It is very easy and user-friendly, whether you are trying to pull your customized reports or running the payroll and dividing labor costs in their appropriate departments.
  • Very user-friendly
  • Payroll can be run remotely
  • Able to divide labor costs into respective departments and by the type of work employees do
  • Really easy to enter employees worked hours
  • Easy to run any reports according to the data you are looking for so you can analyze labor costs any way you want
  • Very easy to apply deductions to employees
  • Very easy to pull any employees historical data
  • Easy retrieval on W-2s at year end
  • All garnishments and deductions available within the system and all jurisdictions are available to assign garnishment payments to right withholding authority
  • Can be a little pushy with marketing emails
It's the perfect piece of software to process payroll, 100%. For small business owners, it eliminates the need for paying accordingly and paying withholding taxes by yourself. Everything like that is done by ADP itself.
Read Talha Anwar's full review
We use it for payroll. It is simple to use. Employees can check the pay after every pay period by logging in. It is very secure and safe. Also when an employee moves to a different company, they can still see their prior paychecks. It is very handy and convenient tool.
  • Convenient
  • Secure
  • Fewer features.
  • Working time should be able to be added.
  • Holidays and leave should be able to be added.
It is well suited for big companies where some employees work remote and can record their working hours by clocking in and clocking out, however for small companies like ours it is only used for pay checks. It is nice to have this secure information online, as it can be viewed from anywhere.
We use RUN to process our payroll and W-2s for our organization. We also use it for current HR document resources. RUN helps us to easily process our payroll more efficiently.
  • Quick and easy payroll processing. Payroll reports are available to print and review immediately after hours are entered for payroll processing which is very helpful. Whenever there has been an occasion in which there was an entry error, Client Services made correcting the problem quick and painless.
  • Simple W-2 processing. With all of our payroll processed through RUN W-2s are easily created for us with little to no work on our end.
  • Helpful reports available. Of the many reports we access most often is quarterly payroll verification for employees.
  • Helpful HR resource documents. We are able to have current tax withholding forms and I-9s available to print when we hire a new employee. This saves us time from having to search for new versions on the internet with the change of the year.
  • It would be helpful if the payroll summary that I review before final submission showed the separation of regular hours from overtime and vacation/sick hours.
  • We are having difficulty getting general ledger up and running because a few of our people work in more then one job classification. The person that assisted me with trying to map my employees for general ledger also did not properly map some employees so I need to find out how to edit their mapping. The person that assisted me in mapping employees also mapped ALL inactive employees, so our employee list is a muddled mess that is difficult to sort through. I have reached out multiple times to get assistance with fixing these problems, but no one has gotten back with me to followed up or assist me.
  • Since we are an organization near the Kansas/Missouri state line we have employees that work for us from outside the state our organization resides in, which is KS. For some reason RUN will only allow for state payroll taxes to be paid to the state where our organization resides (KS), so our employees that live in MO end up getting taxes taken out for the wrong state. These employees end up getting a full refund from KS since they live in MO, however they end up owing a good amount of money each year to MO since no payroll taxes were withheld for their home state. This is frustrating for employees in this situation. I know from my previous job that there are non-resident state payroll tax forms that can be filled our for KS, and that we should as the employer be withholding payroll taxes for the employee for the correct state, however in speaking with ADP client services I was not able to get this available for us to do. If we could get this resolved it would be a HUGE plus!
  • It would also be helpful if we could set our flat rate contractors for monthly payment, vs only biweekly. Right now we have to remember to change the flat pay to zero every other pay period.
ADP RUN seems to be better suited for organizations in which they are processing payroll for employees all in the same job role since General Ledger is not user-friendly to employees in multiple job roles. ADP RUN also seems better suited for organizations in which all the employees live in the state in which the organization resides since payroll taxes cannot be withheld for employees living out of state when needed. ADP RUN does not seem to be well suited to employers that have flat rate monthly contractors when their payroll runs biweekly. There is no current option to select monthly vs biweekly for these contractors.
ADP is a payroll program that we use across the company. It makes running payroll really easy, it does everything for you. All that I need to do is input hours for employees, then ADP takes care of the rest. It files all of the quarterly tax reports and automatically creates W-2's at the end of the year. It cuts the time I spend doing payroll down so much and gets rid of all of the headaches.
  • Their customer service is always friendly and no question is too small.
  • It takes all of the headache out of running payroll.
  • Sometimes their site is difficult to maneuver.
I do believe that ADP is well suited for any company. If you like to save time and make payroll easier then ADP is for you.
RUN by ADP is used for all of our payroll needs. I especially value the tax reporting and knowing I do not have to worry about the accuracy and timeliness of tax reports.
  • Support is very good with RUN. I don't need it often but when I do, they are there.
  • RUN is straight forward and intuitive.
  • RUN's historical reports are very useful. It is great to have at my fingertips when I'm asked for any past information.
  • Sometimes I wish I could run reports across different years instead of one year at a time.
  • Sometimes I would like to enter information in more of a spreadsheet fashion. I'd like the option.
  • I preferred the previous version of Paycheck Calculator but I am getting used to the latest version.
RUN has been good for our small company but I imagine it will be good if/when we expand. At one time we had an employee in another state and it was very easy to set up.
July 12, 2019

ADP Payroll Review

I use it for my own payroll and refer my clients to it for their payroll. Further, I provide my clients with payroll assistance on the portal as necessary to ensure all of their payroll needs are met. My clients and I have been on the service for about 1 year now and have been happy with the service.
  • Runs payroll.
  • Calculates net pay.
  • Calculates gross pay.
  • Too many spam adds.
  • Would like to get automated pay stubs in email.
  • Set up can be time consuming.
ADP is good for small and large employers. It is the largest provider of payroll services.
June 12, 2019

Quick and Easy

My organization currently uses RUN Powered by ADP to manage and process payroll. It allows our employees throughout the company to enter working hours and to change personal information.
  • Payroll processing.
  • Payroll reports.
  • Employee login.
  • Ease of use.
  • Keeping historical data on salary changes for employees.
  • Keeping historical data on changes of title changes or part-time/full-time status changes.
  • Better HR reports.
  • Better PTO tracking reports.
If you need payroll processing software, RUN Powered by ADP is excellent. It is a very simplistic software to use and very intuitive. Very little to no training is required. I like that employees can log in to change their personal information. However, if you are looking for a more robust software with department tracking, this may not be the version that you need.
June 11, 2019

Highly Satisfied

Our company currently uses ADP for payroll services. We don't have anyone in the house available to stay current on tax requirements, so we like the convenience of ADP.
  • ADP is excellent at reviewing my account and assessing things that may need to be updated.
  • ADP offers numerous services which add convenience and save time in running a business.
  • Customer service agents are proactive in making sure I am satisfied with ADP.
  • I actually have zero complaints. I am very satisfied with this ADP.
A customer service agent reached out to me and informed me that I was paying for services I wasn't using. They helped me reduce my bill substantially. I appreciated that someone was paying attention to my account and that they took the initiative to better meet my needs.
Charnice Charles profile photo
My company primarily uses ADP to run payroll for my contractors. I produce checks and arrange direct deposits as well as provide documentation and reports to federal, state and local agencies. In addition, I also utilize their pre-formatted reports to track earnings and provide statements to the contractors who aren't adept in obtaining this information for themselves through the employee access portal. About half of my contractors receive compensation through direct deposit and the other half receive physical checks for services rendered.

The biggest problem I had prior to using RUN Powered by ADP was the need to produce checks that do not show my company's account information. ADP has resolved this issue for me by providing "company" checks that show an account number that is not associated with my banking information so I don't have to worry about illegal activity from my contractors as it relates to my company's bank account. ADP has proven that they can handle just about every concern I've had in getting my contractors paid on time and resolving any issues I may have had in a timely and professional manner. The staff at ADP is also very knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient.
  • Fast direct deposits - usually 24 hours notice is all that's required.
  • Friendly, professional and courteous staff.
  • Fast delivery of checks to my place of business - usually by 10:00 am the next business day following payroll processing.
  • Timely and efficient investigation and resolution to issues.
  • Pricing - the cost associated with running payroll is as much as $10 per check when my payroll is small (1-5) by comparison to the "big payroll" (25+).
  • Better communication regarding when payroll processing may be affected by holidays. Must log in to be advised of potential delays. I would prefer an email.
  • Calls and emails from staff promoting services my company does not use due to the type of employees (contractors) in my organization. They should review the account before soliciting services. Although, it is acceptable that they would check in in the event my business model changes to include direct employees.
Read Charnice Charles's full review
Lynn Cisneros profile photo
I never have to worry about payroll or taxes owed with RUN Powered by ADP. I spend 5 minutes entering payroll every week and ADP takes care of everything else. It's very nice to not have to worry about anything. I highly advise everyone signs up with RUN Powered by ADP.
  • Entering payroll hours is super easy.
  • They file all of our tax liability reports on time.
  • They pay all our tax liabilities on time.
  • Their fees were a bit too high for our small company, but we were able to negotiate lower fees that were within our budget.
It helps save time. We spend 5 minutes a week and all of our payroll worries are taken care of.
Read Lynn Cisneros's full review
We use ADP Run for our payroll processing across the company. The best value it provides for us is the ease of processing bi-weekly payroll and the processing of state and federal employee forms.
  • Hassle-free report filings
  • Excellent customer service
  • Easy to use website
  • It can be somewhat expensive with a small number of employees.
  • Specific reports needed for insurance reviews/audits are sometimes hard to find.
  • Using both employees & subcontractors can sometimes create awkward situations during payroll processing.
If the process of figuring out tax withholdings, filing quarterly & yearly reports, etc. scares you or at least makes your head hurt, you can trust ADP Run to handle it for you and give you the peace of mind it's being done right and on time.
RUN Powered by ADP has been used entirely in our organization and it's the first payroll system we used. The system is maintained by the HR department and it manages the overall payroll for the whole organization. Having no background in payroll for myself, implementing a system for the first time looked like a daunting task. But even in the short run, we realized RUN Powered by ADP was very easy to use and to manage. It has helped us manage our payroll processes and helped me identify errors in payroll easily, thus saving a lot of time.
  • Easy to use interface and customizations.
  • Great Customer Support Team available for help when needed.
  • Easy to navigate through payroll processes.
  • Integration with other HR systems for data transfer.
  • Online Learning Modules.
If you are a small organization and want something that is easy to use and manage and that covers all your payroll functions, RUN Powered by ADP is highly recommended for you.
April 17, 2019

ADP is for everyone

We use the RUN Powered by ADP platform for all of our HRIS needs. We start the employment relationship through the recruiting module, then our employees are onboarded, paid, and offboarded through the product. They are able to maintain their own information and update it as needed. It has taken the paperwork burden off of the HR team.
  • Employee Self-Service
  • Manager Self-Service
  • Recruiting Interface
  • Onboarding
  • Payroll
  • Document Cloud
  • Analytics
  • More interfaces with career websites
  • More automation in reporting (emailing reports for example)
ADP has platforms for every size business and the programs are standard enough that they are easy to use and customizable enough to meet different business needs. They have online and phone support when issues arise and continuously improve/enhance their products, product offerings, and interfaces. They are the recognized leader in the industry.
JaCoby Marston, CPA profile photo
November 17, 2018

So Much Time is Saved!

Currently, we are using Run Powered by ADP as the only payroll processing software for the company. I have to say that I am very impressed with the user-friendliness of RUN by ADP. It is very simple to use. When I started working at the company, RUN by ADP was already in place, so I had to learn how to use it. I have to say that it was very easy to learn how to use the software. It literally took me about 30 minutes to learn the basics of RUN by ADP, after learning the basics I was more than comfortable to process payroll for the company. Adding and removing employees is very easy to do. Processing payroll is super easy to do. The software will even tell you exactly what amount of funds is needed to process payroll which I love because I can verify that the bank account has enough to cover payroll. The biggest thing RUN by ADP solves for me is the time saved to process payroll. It literally takes me 10 minutes or less to process payroll.
  • Very easy to add new employees. The process to add new employees is a simple step by step process. If you have the employee present, it is even more easier.
  • Processing Payroll. Processing payroll with RUN by ADP is super easy. When it is time to run payroll, you click on "run payroll" and follow the steps to process payroll for the given period. Processing Payroll with RUN by ADP is super easy and painless.
  • Reporting. RUN by ADP has so many different types of reports. You can get a report for each pay period by each employee or you can run a report for the entire year. Super Helpful.
  • Chat Function. RUN by ADP has a built in chat function. This function can be improved by the ability to upload data to the rep and provide a more appealing chat design.
  • Employee Access. RUN by ADP offers the ability for employees to gain access to view their pay stubs, change withholding, and change bank account info. The problem with this function is when on the employer side, I allow a new employee access, the employee never gets an email to get access to their account. I usually have to resend the email again.
RUN by ADP is perfect, in my opinion, for any size of company. Whether you have 5 employees or 500 employees. I feel that RUN by ADP will meet your needs and help make processing payroll as smooth as possible. Using RUN by ADP is a huge time saver for me. I love how easy it is to add new employees. I work at a company that is experiencing big growth and I am grateful for how easy it is to add new employees.

I wish RUN by ADP was more transparent about the cutoff times to process payroll timely. It would be very nice to know what is the latest I could process payroll to have it be processed on time.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Laura Virtue profile photo
We use ADP RUN to process our bi-monthly payroll, as well as the payroll for our sister agency. It allows us to make adjustments and run our payroll quickly and with confidence. We have two company codes, and I can access them both with the same platform. Also, we can run any reports we might need for year to date or for any particular payroll or specific need we have. The platform works great for us and it's quick and efficient. With this platform, it also takes care of all our payroll tax requirements and deposits. That is a HUGE big deal for a company with only a few employees. I feel the price we pay for it is very reasonable for all the things it provides us.
  • Easy to modify employee information, wages and deductions
  • Has built in calculators for taxes and deductions which is super helpful
  • From start to finish, it only take a few clicks and my payroll is processed and complete.
  • The bundled reporting works awesome for us, but it has a wealth of reporting options and they are also easy to use.
  • It really provides all we need and more.
We have only run small payrolls (2-5) employees, but we do run multiple company codes. It was very easy to get started and has been even easier to maintain. Before RUN, my tiny payroll was a beast - calculating checks, taxes, making tax deposits, preparing W2s, etc., all of which was very time-consuming and I dreaded doing payroll all together, not to mention the tax implications if I messed something up. Now with RUN, a few simple clicks and both my companies payrolls are run, money is withdrawn from our account in a timely manner and direct deposits are always made on time or early. We absolutely love the system.
Read Laura Virtue's full review
Vernon Fuller profile photo
RUN is used across the organization to manage our payroll services. The access to reports and the ease of processing payroll is an indispensable asset to our organization. Payroll processing is easily accomplished across several types of devices. I am able to process payroll from any location that I can get internet access.
  • RUN allows me to easily add new employees and make changes to current employees.
  • RUN allows new or current employees to change direct deposit locations and receive their pay at the new financial institution, the same pay period.
  • RUN allows the review of payroll reports and to do research quickly and easily.
  • When entering new employee information, there could be more guidance on items like taxes.
  • When entering employee items like a wage garnishment, there could be more guidance online.
  • When granting employees access to their accounts, more online guidance would be appreciated
RUN is well suited for small businesses with limited administrative staff to manage payroll and staffing issues. Most particularly, the filing of payroll reports to the government is one of the most indispensable services provided by RUN. For large organizations with administrative staff that well versed in payroll servicing, the RUN services might be less of a necessity.
Read Vernon Fuller's full review
Eric Torres profile photo
I have been using ADP RUN for about 6 months now since the hiring of our first "payroll" employee. We are a small automotive repair facility and have never needed payroll before but due to our great work and reviews, we have now experienced an unprecedented amount of growth and it all happened fast! We had two hire three new employees within a two month period and to make things worse, I have no prior payroll experience nor knowledge of anything related to the field, including taxes and worker's comp. I quickly made a call to the rep at ADP through my Chase Bank relationship partners. Ashley quickly came out to see me and provided all of the answers to my concerns. I signed up and got started setting up the employees as I was trained by their cool support team. I had no issues and everything went perfect from start to finish on the set up. I ran my first payroll 3 days later and it was also flawless and super easy. I am now much more acquainted with the system and the way it works. I am also more educated in the payroll arena and can do much more than just enter pay hours and employees. I could not see the stress lowering at first but it all got handled with ease thanks to the great support I received from Ashley and her team at ADP RUN. I will not do without them!

• Payroll Checks & Reports
  • Calculate taxes & related expenses
  • Remind you of incomplete tasks every time you are in the home page
  • Do not have any complaints yet
If you are familiar with payroll, taxes, worker's comp and related tasks, you can then use your own accounting software to do those things. But if you are like me, have no experience in this area of the business and/or are still learning how it is done, then ADP RUN is for YOU!
Read Eric Torres's full review

Pay calculation (27)
Support for external payroll vendors (8)
Benefit plan administration (12)
Direct deposit files (27)
Salary revision and increment management (18)
Reimbursement management (16)

About RUN Powered by ADP®

RUN Powered by ADP® (“RUN”) is a platform for payroll and tax processing plus people management for small businesses and startups. It aims to be a smarter, simpler, and more affordable payroll, tax and HR solution.

RUN includes cloud-based payroll processing and automatic tax filing. The vendor says users can either process payroll--or even automate it--in just a few steps. Users can run payroll online, on mobile, or over the phone, and can automatically calculate deductions for taxes, benefits and retirement. RUN also allows users to easily export data to major accounting products. These features are designed to give users the following benefits:
  • Allows organizations to go paperless and receive all information online
  • Help HR users analyze their data quickly and easily with custom reporting

The vendor offers service and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Users can also access online tools and resources anytime.

According to the vendor, whether you have 2 employees or up to 50, RUN features built-in HR services that make it easy to grow and manage your team while helping you with your compliance challenges.

RUN Powered by ADP® Screenshots