Reviews (1-25 of 74)
ADP RUN Review: "A great tool for my home-based business. Excited about trying more products from ADP!"
The biggest problem I had prior to using RUN Powered by ADP was the need to produce checks that do not show my company's account information. ADP has resolved this issue for me by providing "company" checks that show an account number that is not associated with my banking information so I don't have to worry about illegal activity from my contractors as it relates to my company's bank account. ADP has proven that they can handle just about every concern I've had in getting my contractors paid on time and resolving any issues I may have had in a timely and professional manner. The staff at ADP is also very knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient.
- Fast direct deposits - usually 24 hours notice is all that's required.
- Friendly, professional and courteous staff.
- Fast delivery of checks to my place of business - usually by 10:00 am the next business day following payroll processing.
- Timely and efficient investigation and resolution to issues.
- Pricing - the cost associated with running payroll is as much as $10 per check when my payroll is small (1-5) by comparison to the "big payroll" (25+).
- Better communication regarding when payroll processing may be affected by holidays. Must log in to be advised of potential delays. I would prefer an email.
- Calls and emails from staff promoting services my company does not use due to the type of employees (contractors) in my organization. They should review the account before soliciting services. Although, it is acceptable that they would check in in the event my business model changes to include direct employees.
- Entering payroll hours is super easy.
- They file all of our tax liability reports on time.
- They pay all our tax liabilities on time.
- Their fees were a bit too high for our small company, but we were able to negotiate lower fees that were within our budget.
- Hassle-free report filings
- Excellent customer service
- Easy to use website
- It can be somewhat expensive with a small number of employees.
- Specific reports needed for insurance reviews/audits are sometimes hard to find.
- Using both employees & subcontractors can sometimes create awkward situations during payroll processing.
- Easy to use interface and customizations.
- Great Customer Support Team available for help when needed.
- Easy to navigate through payroll processes.
- Integration with other HR systems for data transfer.
- Online Learning Modules.
- Employee Self-Service
- Manager Self-Service
- Recruiting Interface
- Document Cloud
- More interfaces with career websites
- More automation in reporting (emailing reports for example)
- Very easy to add new employees. The process to add new employees is a simple step by step process. If you have the employee present, it is even more easier.
- Processing Payroll. Processing payroll with RUN by ADP is super easy. When it is time to run payroll, you click on "run payroll" and follow the steps to process payroll for the given period. Processing Payroll with RUN by ADP is super easy and painless.
- Reporting. RUN by ADP has so many different types of reports. You can get a report for each pay period by each employee or you can run a report for the entire year. Super Helpful.
- Chat Function. RUN by ADP has a built in chat function. This function can be improved by the ability to upload data to the rep and provide a more appealing chat design.
- Employee Access. RUN by ADP offers the ability for employees to gain access to view their pay stubs, change withholding, and change bank account info. The problem with this function is when on the employer side, I allow a new employee access, the employee never gets an email to get access to their account. I usually have to resend the email again.
I wish RUN by ADP was more transparent about the cutoff times to process payroll timely. It would be very nice to know what is the latest I could process payroll to have it be processed on time.
- Easy to modify employee information, wages and deductions
- Has built in calculators for taxes and deductions which is super helpful
- From start to finish, it only take a few clicks and my payroll is processed and complete.
- The bundled reporting works awesome for us, but it has a wealth of reporting options and they are also easy to use.
- It really provides all we need and more.
- RUN allows me to easily add new employees and make changes to current employees.
- RUN allows new or current employees to change direct deposit locations and receive their pay at the new financial institution, the same pay period.
- RUN allows the review of payroll reports and to do research quickly and easily.
- When entering new employee information, there could be more guidance on items like taxes.
- When entering employee items like a wage garnishment, there could be more guidance online.
- When granting employees access to their accounts, more online guidance would be appreciated
- Easy to use website. Don't have to phone in the payroll!
- All necessary reports available in PDF format to download.
- You can see what the total cost of the payroll will be (including withholding) before you approve it.
- Very helpful phone support.
- I don't have any suggestions for improvement.
Any problems we have had were handled very quickly. Everyone I have spoken to at ADP was very courteous and friendly. I never give anyone a five or ten in reviews, there is always room for improvement.
- Correcting mistakes I've made
- Help with understanding anything new that comes out
- Last but not least they very quickly fix any problem and get back to you in a timely [manner]
- There is probably something that can be improved, but for what my company uses everything is easy to use.
- Everything is clear and concise. It makes using the program very user-friendly.
- For running payroll, each employee can be set up in a way to make running the next payroll smooth. Details can be set, including workers comp codes and pay rate, so that each employee is already customized. It helps running payroll be more efficient.
- Help is always available. When state taxes or local taxes are changed, I can send them a copy of the notice and they will take care of it quickly.
- Something very small is not being able to type in certain areas. You have to select from the drop down instead of being able to type in the first few letters and have it selected. This would help streamline everything a bit more.
- Timekeeping is simple. Users can access their timecards on multiple devices.
- Employee portals allow users to keep their personal info up to date, and access paystubs and year end statements. No paper necessary.
- Payroll can be run in just a few short steps.
- Adding columns to a payroll on the fly could be made easier.
- I would love to have a more robust Paid Time Off Tracking tool.
- Speeding up the site so that pages load faster would be nice. Especially when accessing the company directory.
- It allows me to stop and go back and finish when I want to.
- I can run reports when I want to, no time limits.
- If I make a mistake it lets me know immediately.
- I found adding a new employee a little complicated
I am impressed with how fast it is to input the information in for payroll. I am always busy so I have to do it fast. I also like the way it tells you how much payroll and taxes are before you press the done button. It allows me to know exactly how much I need for payroll.
I really haven't come across a scenario where it is less appropriate.
- Easy to manage, access reports and enter data.
- Easy to make changes to employee files (i.e. wage information, employee address, employee withholding)
- The interface is nicely intuitive... makes entering hours and completing payroll smooth & uncomplicated.
- A few months ago we encountered a glitch where an employee's rate of pay changed. Customer service suggested it was "user error" on my part, but when I reviewed the error, I was not able to actually change the rate of pay on the screen in question. At any rate, ADP took the time to walk me through the process and helped me solve the problem quickly.
- ADP often contacts me to try and sell additional services. I find this to be a tad annoying.
- Payroll is beyond easy each pay period. I can log in and finish it in under 5 minutes. I simply add how many hours for each employee, double check it and hit complete!
- I wish the mobile app would allow you to enter time for employees. Sometimes I am not near a computer so I have to wait to do payroll.
- Run ADP accurately calculates all taxes and submits them to all agencies.
- Run ADP keeps track of all vacation days and comp time, and overtime.
- Run ADP tracks all benefits such as medical care payments 401-K payments and all cafeteria plan.
- I like ease of use on mobile devices
- I like how easy entry is
- I like the computer view to show reports
- Easy entry of bi-monthly payroll. I can submit from my PC, my tablet or iPhone.
- I can track vacation days used and available.
- I can monitor 401K contributions
- Some of the reports are difficult for me to find. I am not familiar enough to know which report contains which information.
- You can contact support staff easily.
- You can run payroll easily.
- You get notifications of important news everytime you logged in.
- It is easy to contact support over the phone, but if I email them, sometimes, I cannot get their reply at all.
- Frequently need to change the password.
- ADP can also provide Simple IRA plans for owners and employees with company match. This is something that employees really like.
- The timekeeping service allows an employer to track overtime.
- No more having to remember to do Monthly or Quarterly payroll activities such as payment of taxes or filing of unemployment reports.
- I have not found anything that they will not do regarding payroll unless you wanted the service free. They do NOT do that.
ADP RUN Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ADP RUN
ADP RUN is a platform for payroll and tax processing plus people management for small businesses and startups. It aims to be a smarter, simpler, and more affordable payroll, tax and HR solution.ADP RUN includes cloud-based payroll processing and automatic tax filing. The vendor says users can either process payroll--or even automate it--in just a few steps. Users can run payroll online, on mobile, or over the phone, and can automatically calculate deductions for taxes, benefits and retirement. ADP RUN also allows users to easily export data to major accounting products. These features are designed to give users the following benefits:
- Allows organizations to go paperless and receive all information online
- Help HR users analyze their data quickly and easily with custom reporting
The vendor offers service and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Users can also access online tools and resources anytime.
According to the vendor, whether you have 2 employees or 25, RUN features built-in HR services that make it easy to grow and manage your team while helping you with your compliance challenges.
ADP RUN Screenshots
ADP RUN Integrations
ADP RUN Competitors
ADP RUN Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||100%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||0%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||0%|
ADP RUN Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ADP RUN Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||United States|