Updated February 14, 2017
Score 1 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zenefits
Zenefits is being used by all departments to help manage PTO requests and balances. Previously this was done via our payroll software and managers kept track of requests on their own; Zenefits was supposed to provide an easy way to keep requests and balances in one place and ease the burden on managers when it comes to keeping track of employee PTO.
- Attractive UI
- Knows how to do basic math
- Useful for tracking PTO
- Built-in preferred pronoun functionality
- Often won't load sidebar.
- Often won't load profiles.
- Often won't let me record PTO.
- Is generally extremely buggy to the point of uselessness- bugs aren't in minor places, but in places that prevent me from using the core functionality of the product.
- Positive: easier to track and approve PTO requests
- Positive: easier to track overall PTO balances
- Negative: incredibly frustrating to use when it's not working
Zenefits, when working, is a good product. Aesthetically, it's pleasing; it's relatively user-friendly so I don't have a hard time finding what to click to get to where I need to be; however, even though we're using its most basic features, it's often hardly functional. It does a good job of tracking PTO, the requesting format works well where I get an email and not just a notification in the app so I don't have to keep it open- but it's been seriously buggy for the entire time I've used it, which is coming up on a year at this point. It's extremely frustrating to have a product with so much potential consistently fail to do what it was built to.