Don't go solo, go Zoho!
Updated February 25, 2015
Don't go solo, go Zoho!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is being used by the whole organization to track client and in-house projects. Our billing model is either per-project pricing or in increments of 15 mins and Zoho Projects tracks time so many ways. It is so easy for an employee to enter their time and for project managers to then extract that information and for billing to use that information to populate invoices.
- There are so many ways to log hours! Each employee can choose the method that works best for them. Having choice empowers the employees.
- The BugTracker feature is amazing! The BugTracker allows custom fields to better fit our needs. Also, the ability to add files, images and comments to each issue has saved us time and headaches!
- The reports export with all of the important information we and our clients need.
- Zoho Projects can be customized in so many ways. No matter what your company does or in what field, Zoho Projects will work for you!
- Zoho Projects keeps getting better! Recent new enhancements makes it even easier to navigate and the new keyboard shortcuts are amazing!
- Within a task, to log hours you must scroll all the way to the bottom. If there are a lot of entries, this can be tiresome. The Add Log Hours link should be at the top of the entries.
- The default font size in Pages is very small. Even if you select all of the text and increase the font size, any links will remain in the small font size. You must edit the source code to change the font size of links.
- In the Timesheet Calendar view, it would be helpful to break apart the non-billable and billable on hover like it does when you hover over the Time Log column in Tasks.
- We use to log issues in Google Docs but were limited with layout, options, fonts, etc. With Zoho Projects, we've saved countless hours using the BugTracker.
- In our previous system, it would take a few hours for me to review employee log entries every week. With Zoho Projects, it takes 30 minutes for 6 employees over 20 projects.
- The exported Timesheet reports all of the information I need to update clients. I simply export it and send it!
The interface of Zoho Projects is so clean and modern compared to the others. The functions and abilities of this product outshone it competitors and the price is very reasonable and competitive. Finding and adding information in Zoho Projects is very easy even for a novice. Anyone can learn the system quickly.
It's so easy to customize to fit the needs of any company. I use it in a small company setting but see if working for a much larger company as well. The price is reasonable and very competitive. Unlike some other "standard" project management solutions, Zoho Projects isn't overly complicated or daunting to use.
Using Zoho Projects
I've reviewed about 8 other project management solutions and Zoho Projects is the best I've seen without being overly complicated. Zoho Projects keeps getting better! Recent new enhancements makes it even easier to navigate. There are new keyboard shortcuts that cut my time way down. The tools are very easy to use.
Evaluating Zoho Projects and Competitors
Yes - We used Basecamp but the product was not as robust as we need. The reporting is dismal and the time spent manually creating reports hurt productivity. The product was just too basic. Even with external plugins that enhance Basecamp, it still didn't fulfill all of our needs. We simply outgrew it.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
The features blew us away. Moving tasks, viewing logged hours and managing milestones were all critical for us. The product isn't daunting or discouraging to use. Every employee enjoys interacting with the product. It only takes a few clicks to do everything, no matter how complex! The product is fully customizable so we can hide those features we may not need on a small project but those features are there when we do.
Zoho Projects Support
Zoho does everything I need for a small business. If you have to do a lot of heavy computing then this may not be the product for you but if you need to stay on top of projects and keep teammates updated, this product may just suit all of your immediate needs.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - Zoho is so easy to use, you really don't need premium support (if they offer it). Zoho frequently implements new features or enhances existing features. All of the improvements are easy to use and you're notified on the dashboard what the new feature/enhancement is so you never miss an upgraded feature.
Using Zoho Projects
The interface is easy to learn! Spending a few minutes is all you need to get the basics. It's fun to explore all of the different paths to log hours and allows you to choose the path best for you. The exported task XLS has all of the information I want and need.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Logging hours is a breeze! There are so many ways to do so.
- Adding issues in BugTracker is so easy even our interns are pros at it!
- Adding users takes only seconds!
- If adding hours within a task with many entries, the scrolling to the bottom to add hours is a bit of a pain.
- No space/column for adding a budget of hours. It's different than the duration because we may work on a task that has a 4 hour budget over the span of a few days.
- Trying to move a sub-task so it's a regular task is bothersome. The drag and drop will only put it as a sub-task to another task.