Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
We have a distributed workforce with everyone working from home. Thus we conduct every meeting with Zoom from informal 3 minute meetings to answer a question all the way to all-hands meetings that last an hour or more. We also use The Zoom for our webinars now as well. We tried everything out there (Skype, GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts and more) and Zoom is by far the best overall solution. Getting connected to another user is simple. Screen sharing is easy, the pricing model is simple and the service has been very reliable. I wouldn't use anything else.
- Starting up a video chat, either on the fly or a scheduled one is really easy. It's obvious which users are currently available and which are not.
- When video chatting with multiple people, Zoom can highlight the speaker to make it easy to know who is talking.
- We use screen-sharing a LOT and Zoom makes it easy to not just share your screen but only share a particular window on your screen. This keeps the other attendees focused and protects my privacy because I'm not exposing them to my entire screen.
- We currently use Slack for text chat because Zoom's text chatting features are not as strong as Slack. Having said that, it wouldn't take much to get Zoom to the point where it would do what we need for text chatting. I hope they do as I'd rather have one app instead of two.
- If two people try to start a video chat with each other at the same time, Zoom thinks that both are busy and rejects the connection rather than figuring out what is really going on and connecting the two people together. I'm sure they know about this and will fix it at some point.
- When users sign off, they disappear from the list and the list resorts itself. If you happen to be about to click the Meet button for a user and the list sorts, you may accidentally start a video chat with the wrong person. I have mentioned to them that they should not resort the list while the mouse is within the list. They are extremely responsive to suggestions and bug reports FWIW.
- It's made having a virtual office work. All the other solutions we tried created varying levels of pain. Zoom has made collaboration fast and simple.
- Without a solution like Zoom, having a virtual office would be nearly impossible.