Review: "Zoom zooms past the conference calling solution provider pack"https://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingZoomUnspecified8.85701012018-11-30T23:35:39.733Z
Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
Our entire company uses Zoom. We switched to Zoom because it is a fraction of the cost of what we used to spend with our old provider and the service is much better. Zoom solved our soaring conferencing costs and the complexity of using our old provider's service. Our old provider's service and support model was grossly outdated and the technology was as well. Our users love Zoom because of how easy it is to use. Call initiation and scheduling are a dream with Zoom. I highly recommend it to any business who is struggling with finding a solution.
- Zoom is very easy to use. We haven't had but a handful of helpdesk tickets related to its use so far.
- Zoom is inexpensive. We use a lot of conference minutes because our conference calls usually involve at least 10 participants, which makes the price of regular conferencing services really high. Zoom's pricing allows us to actually create an accurate monthly budget for the service.
- Zoom's service is superb. We've never had a glitch, an outage, or any performance problems with the service.
- Zoom's support is excellent. Zoom techs know what they're doing and have solved all of our issues within minutes. A+++
- We've had no issues so far. The few helpdesk tickets we've had have been on our end or have been a need for a bit of user training.
- Extreme cost savings. Not kidding here. We use a lot of minutes per month and the savings over our old provider is in the thousands of dollars.
- Integration into Outlook is excellent. Everyone loves the plugin and the ease of scheduling meetings.
- Active Directory integration is nice too. Our users use their same credentials so that there's no new usernames or passwords to remember.
We've had a great experience with Zoom Rooms. Everyone who initiates a call uses the functionality because there's always a presentation or collaboration of some type. We are very satisfied with Zoom Rooms, which is a significant feature that our old provider didn't offer. We highly recommend Zoom Rooms for conferencing.
- Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
We tried several conference calling solutions and we had one that we'd used for years, but Zoom surpassed them all. I didn't list them in the competitor's list but they're prominent ones. Zoom has surpassed our expectations--and not just because we limped along for years with the old provider but because Zoom is constantly upgrading, updating, and making improvements. They add features and nice-to-haves on a regular basis.
Honestly, Zoom is such an improvement over our previous provider's service, no one has complained. I don't have any idea where its use would be inappropriate or inadequate. Zoom serves us very well. We're extremely happy with the service, support, and pricing. We have more than 100 users and a record of no complaints is significant.
Zoom Feature Ratings
High quality audio
High quality video
Low bandwidth requirements
Integrates with social media
Record meetings / events
Participant roles & permissions
Confidential attendee list
As I've written before, Zoom makes us feel like we matter and that we're a client rather than a customer. They want us to succeed and they put in the time to make sure that we do. I feel like they're more of a business partner rather than simply a vendor or supplier. They spent a lot of time onboarding with us, giving us demos, helping us get set up, and then giving us follow-up to be sure it's going well.
Zoom Customer Support Pros and Cons
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - The Business "version" includes support. The only higher level AFAIK is Enterprise. All Zoom support is premium as far as I'm concerned. No matter how small the issue is, they're ready and available to resolve them. It feels like we matter to Zoom.
Exceptional Examples of Zoom Support
Every time. We've never come away from an email conversation or a conference call with Zoom with the feeling that we haven't been helped. Our issues have always been resolved--as few as there have been. Their support made sure our onboarding went smooth and that we were happy.