Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
Zoom was purchased with the intent of using it across the whole organization. Our company has around 150,000 employees spread across the globe, and while we don't have a Pro license for every one of those users, we have a large number of employees using Zoom. Zoom has actually helped us push our company into an era that uses tech for collaborating and cut down significantly on travel costs, as well as having helped reduce our carbon footprint.
- The first thing I noticed about Zoom was the sleek look of the app (both mobile and desktop). I know it may sound silly to mention the aesthetics before design and functionality, but Zoom looks like it belongs in the present. It feels like it represents current technology that was designed with a purpose.
- I love the quality that Zoom provides. From the HD functions to the supreme audio quality that Zoom delivers, I was impressed from the very start. Our company was on the search for video conferencing technology that could keep up with our growth, and Zoom met those needs with flying colors.
- There are so many great amenities that come with Zoom. The "cool features" like "touch up my appearance" and the annotation capabilities are just icing on the cake of a really fun technology to use. Zoom is simple and sleek for our end-users, but it also has a lot of bells and whistles to excite the tech nerd in us all!
- There are a few areas of the Zoom Phone functionality that I feel like need improving, such as the 911-calling capabilities and some of the call center solutions.
- Some of the ways in which Zoom interacts with other hardware, such as Cisco room kits and Advocor conference systems, leaves a little to be desired. Those that are partnering with Zoom to bring the meeting conference experience to the next level need to have the "bugs worked out" before launching their products.
- Zoom has really helped our travel costs! Zoom's technology has made it possible for us to have a wonderful uninterrupted high-quality experience. With such a high standard met for video conferencing, the need for meeting in person or traveling for meetings has shrunk significantly, which has also helped shrink our carbon footprint.
- Zoom has helped us significantly increase our productivity. Most of our information users weren't using our previous tech because the experience just wasn't there. With Zoom, they feel more confident in the video tech, and that has increased engagement during meetings ten-fold.
- Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and Microsoft Teams
What I like about the most about Zoom, compared to Skype, is its dependability. Our IT department was being flooded constantly with tickets describing how bad their experience with Skype was. From dropped calls to poor quality, the solution was clear: we needed another platform. Zoom stepped in and was given the ability to show us what they could do. You expect technology like Zoom to integrate with your existing technology, but they did something that is harder to find these days and made our experiences better. That's why we chose Zoom. They made us better.
If you have to video conference anyone, and I do mean ANYone, Zoom is the perfect platform for that. Part of my job is helping our company adopt new technologies that we purchase, and Zoom is our preferred method. Maybe for an intimate setting or a performance review, I wouldn't use Zoom? But for almost any other scenario, I would recommend using Zoom.