Overall Satisfaction with Zuora
Zuora has been brought on to be the single source of customer billing (across monthly, annual, credit card and manually invoiced subscribers).
- Flexible product catalog - allows us to experiment with various pricing and packaging models.
- Payment gateway agnostic - allowed us to port from our current system, while creating opportunities for alternative payment methods.
- Multiple currencies - gives us the ability to expand internationally with support for local currencies.
- API callbacks - allowed us to hook into existing transactional programs (CRM, ESP).
- API is currently a bit of a mixed bag - between very low level SOAP calls and very high level REST calls. Ton of room for improvement here, including streamlining refund process / closing out unpaid invoices / other use-cased based scenarios (all require many steps.)
- Learning curve - there's a lot to learn & master, some of which may require changing departmental processes.
- Documentation is bit of a mixed bag - there's lots out there, but sometimes found in Community, sometimes found in Knowledge Center or the self-paced training materials. Would be great to reduce the time needed to arrive at an answer to a problem.
As a SaaS company, the majority of our customers are on evergreen monthly subscriptions. We would love to have seen greater control over hosted payment page fields, values and layouts.