Updated July 18, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zuora
As far as I am aware the entire organization of Vivint uses Zuora for many of our billing needs. I use Zuora primarily for making amendments to a customer's account when they order equipment. I am not aware of all of the problems Zuora addresses for the rest of Vivint, but me and a few others on my team mainly use it so that our customers are invoiced properly for equipment they are purchasing.
- I like how simple it is to alter a customer's billing account.
- I love being able to see all the past amendments to a customer's account, which enables me to know what kind of billing history the customer might have.
- Neat and organized.
- I do wish that you could invoice a customer for multiple things without having to create a new amendment for each item.
- Sometimes Zuora is a little slow, but that is likely a server issue and not an actual issue with Zuora as a system.
- I do feel that sometimes there are too many button presses needed for a simple task.
Sorry, I haven't used any other systems like Zuora, so I am not able to fully answer this question. However, Zuora is very effective when it comes to invoice management and things like recurring payments. Although I cannot compare this to another system, I know that Zuora definitely does what it is meant to do.
It's really nice when the customer needs to be billed for multiple pieces of the same equipment, you can just change the quantity and not have to worry about creating a new amendment for each piece of equipment. I do wish that you could add multiple types of equipment to one amendment instead of creating a new amendment for each type of equipment.
3 - Mainly invoice management. We make amendments to customer's billing account to invoice them for equipment they purchase from us.
1 - I only know of one person who helps support Zuora, but there are likely more than that. She helps us to get access and with login issues.
It's not really up to me, so I can't give it a 10, but I do like Zuora for what we use it for, and that's mainly invoice management. I am sure there are other ways that we could use Zuora, and that other departments probably do use these other features.
- Positive impact: we're able to invoice our customers timely and correctly.
- Positive impact: recurring payments are simple and accurate.
- Negative impact: Zuora and the Customer Management System that my organization use are no longer integrated because of some issues in the past with double billing and things of that nature.
Evaluating Zuora and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
I didn't have any choice in the purchase of Zuora, but I do know that the majority of my organization is satisfied with the level of accuracy and efficiency that Zuora provides.
Although I didn't have a choice in my organization's selection of Zuora, I think that I would have likely chosen Zuora as my subscription billing system anyway. It does what it needs to, and I feel like I have the tools to be efficient and accurate when it comes to invoice management and recurring payments.
The product was definitely easy to learn without training. I did get trained by someone in my organization, but it wasn't that extensive. I feel that without training from Zuora themselves I am still able to fulfill my role in my organization and take care of my customers in the best way that I can.
I have only ever needed Zuora support once, and it did take them quite a while to resolve my issue, but other than that the fact that I haven't needed them is always a good sign.
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Quick Initial Response
Not kept informed
I feel like Zuora does exactly what it was created to do, at least for my organization. We mainly use Zuora as an invoice management system, and it's not a hard system to use to do that. The only reason I can't give a higher usability score is because of the amount of button presses it takes to perform a simple task.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using