Likelihood to Recommend
15Five is well suited for businesses/groups that are transparent, and willing to share information. If an organization was not a place where information is freely shared, it would not be helpful. Although, it could improve the level of transparency, as members of the organization could have space where they feel comfortable to share information. There are several different privacy settings within the each 15Five, so users can choose what they want to share. Also, it's best to make sure you/your organization has the time to use 15Five. It can be time-consuming for users, but also for those reviewing employees 15Five. It can be a lot of information to sift through. However, the layout of the software is easy to engage with and digest, which is helpful! Additionally, it's important to share with the team how 15Five works, and why it's being utilized. Depending on the questions that are set up within the software, it would seem a bit invasive to some. However, if a clear expectation is set prior to use 15Five, this may not be an issue.
The product is passable and does the job but it doesn't seem to represent the gold standard or be the market leader in anything, it also seems very outdated in terms of aesthetics and functionality. I have used numerous products that serve a similar purpose that seem to offer many more features and ease of usability
- Goals/To-do lists: 15Five is a great tool for creating to do lists or establishing goals for the week. Employees can add them easily, and check them off when completed. For me, this has provided a helpful visual of what needs to be accomplished that week.
- It's easy to send information out to anyone in the organization - tagging individuals or @all is an easy way to share information within the platform. Our president is a big fan of 15Five, and she has utilized it as a way to disseminate information throughout our organization. Information can be uploaded in an easy-to-read, easy-to-access manner.
- Reminders - it's easy to set up reminders within the program, to ensure employees are completing their portion. As an employee, the reminders are helpful in encouraging completion.
- Customizable questions - direct supports/supervisors can set up different questions to be asked of employees from week to week. This is helpful if there are questions that are needed to be asked weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly. Being able to change questions regularly is great.
- Goal Tracking: Enables users to chart goals, track progress, and provide details about what they want/expect to achieve.
- Praise Wall: A public place to post positive and encouraging comments about other employees.
- 360 Reviews: Users can request and gain 1:1 feedback; this can be anonymous if desired.
- Although I mentioned customization as a positive aspect, it could use some improvements. The backend process of updating the questions, and setting them to a certain schedule, can be a bit confusing. This process could be streamlined.
- The commenting process can be a bit confusing. If a person is tagged/mentioned in a comment, they are typically sent an email notifying them. However, it can be difficult to locate where you can reply and continue the conversation. Although a simple issue, it seems it could be easily rectified.
- I would like to see more integration of the team portion of 15Five. It seems this feature is not as prominent, so you can easily get stuck in just your specific 15Five information.
- The UI is slow, clunky, and sometimes lags when navigating to different menus.
- When inputting personal reviews many of our users have complained that their content gets removed/deleted while inputting it into the answer boxes.
- Small Improvements is slow on alerting users of updates (i.e. 360 reviews feedback is completed, someone made a comment on the Praise Wall, etc).
Small Improvements is less capable compared to the competing platforms I have used due it slow and outdated looking UI, feature set, and ease of use
Return on Investment
- 15Five has positively impacted the information provided to our leadership team. Our direct supports feel more connected to their department and are able to resolve issues as they arise, or even beforehand.
- It has provided a positive impact on the 'kudos' or positive reinforcement our employees can provide to one another.
- The tool has positively empowered us to chart, track, and report back on goals.
- The tool has had a negative impact on our ability to conduct personal reviews due to the clunky UI and feature set.
- The praise wall has been positive for the users that take advantage of it.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?