Likelihood to Recommend
7Shifts is ideal for a broad number of restaurant clients, whether it is a single unit, independent location or multi-unit, multi-jurisdiction group like ours. Pricing is very reasonable, and as mentioned earlier, a lightweight and intuitive platform makes it easy to implement and maintain, and scalable for growth
This is very well suited where there is a rotating support structure with larger teams involved. Our department as a whole has 16 full-time team members, with 4 people per team. The management of absences such as annual leave, alongside busy schedules or even seasonal downtime, is a breeze with Planday.
- Staff can easily access fellow team members' contact info (phone & email).
- Staff can easily enter availability or time off.
- Managers have a log book to share issues or updates from the days’ shift so quick action can be completed easily if needed.
- Being able to communicate with managers only, with a specific department, or with the entire staff easily is very helpful.
Manager in MarketingFood & Beverages Company, 11-50 employees
- Employee profiling - easy to tailor to your requirements, set up and use
- Schedule writing & reporting - templates are flexible, fairly simple to write & user friendly (in terms of managers & staff)
- Communication function - easy to use, efficient
- When creating schedules I wish there was a way to remember the last schedule you were on instead of ordering them in alphabetical order.
- When working on a schedule, again when you revisit it, it alphabetizes the employees instead of keeping them in the order you add them. This is pertinent for our business because we're reservation-based and work off of a rotating schedule where the lowest ones are called off if there are not enough reservations.
Director in CorporateRestaurants Company, 5001-10,000 employees
Based on 7 answers
I would say everyone at our store really appreciates the fact that we have 7shifts. We would be lost with out it. It would be hard to find anyone that does not support the software.
Employee in Customer ServiceRestaurants Company, 11-50 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
For me, 7Shifts has the same amount of functionality, but for a much better price. The app functionality of 7shifts was easier to navigate and allowed me to do more than HotSchedules. I've recommended it to several other local businesses who have implemented it as well and had great luck.
We did not have a system previously. In terms of feedback from employees since the launch of Planday it has been very positive.
Return on Investment
- Positive: Less call outs/ and missed communication due to internal conversations that were never communicated. For example, employees tell manager A they are not coming but Manager A does not tell manage B and C.
- Positive: Manager log book has helped multiple departments stay in touch and on the pulse of the floor operation. Departments like HR, events, reservations, AP/ AR, etc. are not empowered to be more proactive
- Labor and sales are tracked and can be forecasted which has helps us schedule SMARTER
Director in Human ResourcesRestaurants Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
7shifts Editions & Modules
|Gourmet||Contact sales team|
- per location/per month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Planday Editions & Modules
- per user per month