What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Authorize.Net is best for mid to large size companies that need to process large transactions and are worried about fraud or potential chargebacks. Small businesses are probably better off going with a different option since there are many less expensive options out there that offer very similar features for credit card processing.
Administrator in Finance and AccountingTelecommunications Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Easy to connect to merchant accounts via plugin or API.
- Existing libraries make it fairly easy to plug and play with a variety of coding languages.
- Consistency in the API. As with any mature product, different areas of the API are at different stages. This can make integration of different features or products somewhat confusing.
- SSL protected/hosted JS library to offload any need for PCI compliance from the end user.
I've only used one other system and they were about the same - secure site to store credit card data.
Return on Investment
- If [we didn't have] Authorize.net then we would use another system. No effect except to facilitate donations and charging. There are many companies who do this chore.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?