Likelihood to Recommend
Brightpearl is very well suited for small-medium companies that are growing quickly and need a way to improve their operational systems and functionality to handle increasing volume of orders. Particularly if you use multiple SKUs, sales channels, and/or warehouses, the features offered by Brightpearl are excellently well suited to handle these types of needs. I don't believe Brightpearl would be very applicable for very small companies with a small number of SKUs, as many of the features offered would be unnecessary and underutilized.
- Assigning a cost to each product. We purchase at different costs, and each sale gets allocated a cost from the purchase order.
- Audit trail - Each product has a full audit trail with references. Each addition comes with a linked purchase order, each subtraction comes with a linked sales order, and each transfer has the costs of goods associated.
- Sales channel aggregation - we sell on multiple sales channels, and the products are in multiple physical warehouses. The sales come through from a variety of reporting methods. Brightpearl assigns each channel its own data, and displays all sales in a central dashboard.
- Filtering - All products and sales can be filtered by sales channel, location, type, category, warehouse and many others. It provides an invaluable real- time snapshot of inventory allocations.
- Customer support - In my role as power user and troubleshooter, I am in contact with a support agent on average 3 times a week, and each time they are knowledgeable, responsive, and competent. All questions are answered, and issues are fixed immediately.
- Warehouse workflow - Sales are consolidated into goods notes, allowing the warehouse to print a consolidated pick list organized by bay, and then print all the packing lists, on which the order items are clearly displayed.
- Purchasing - POs are made within the system and emailed from the system. They can then be received and allocated from within.
- Product Organization - Each product can be made with all of its important information, and similar items can be sorted by option value. It's clean and elegant.
- Reporting! It is so much better than previous updates, but could still use a bit of extra help to manage teams.
- Accuracy of accounting, especially VAT. It's usually accurate, but occasionally it gets things wrong.
- Lack of Sales pipeline, although strictly speaking Brightpearl isn't designed to do this in the first place! It would just be a nice add on.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 12 answers
Brightpearl has proved to work out for our company and we have no need or intention to let it go. Rather we intend to build on what we've accomplished and it will no doubt help us scale our business and meet our ambitions.
Based on 6 answers
Brightpearl can be a little confusing to begin with, there are a lot of options to look through and working out the intricacies takes some time depending on what you would like to be able to do on it and what your account is set up to do. It is however very thorough and once you can work your way around it most of the functions are fairly simple to use and very detailed.
Reliability and Availability
Based on 1 answer
Brightpearl is always easily accessibly anywhere that you can find an internet source. I have checked our stock levels when we have been off site at Ham Rally's at home and on my way home or to work if needs be. That is probably one of the best features of this system.
Based on 1 answer
Brightpearl performs very well and integrates very well with our Metapak packing and despatch system. IT also intergrates very well with Amazon and we have used Ebay although there have been complications with Ebay and stock levels. We use Ebay mostly for second hand items of which we only have one so have skipped using Brighpearl for these products.
Based on 133 answers
The few times I have spoken with the Brightpearl support team they were very helpful and very quick to answer any of the questions I had. They worked quickly and efficiently to solve any of our problems to get us back to working, generating new sales and moving product out the door.
Based on 1 answer
Based on 1 answer
The online training was very helpful in the areas we were shown and was implemented very well via a Skype call and an presentation done via the internet. However it was not thorough enough for all of our needs in certain areas. More training in person on site would have been very helpful.
Based on 104 answers
It's taken around a year to reach the stage we're at now, which has been a long and hard slog. Partially because not everyone here took part in training when they should have but also because there's a lot of information to take onboard.
Brightpearl was the only system we could find which didn't require PS and £10ks to implement. The other systems we looked at did invoicing, quoting and accounting very well, but not in one pane of glass. Brightpearl gives us what we need today and we hope, with further development, it will step up to the API and reporting challenges we are looking to address in the future.
Based on 5 answers
Brightpearl works fairly well under high stress conditions, we can have multiple people using the system at once in several different ways and this allows us to complete all of the running of the business smoothly. Sales can be put into the system while the despatch team prepares the goods to be sent out, and the accountants check and process payments while management sees to ordering in new stock swiftly.
Return on Investment
- Faster lead conversion. We're able to get all/most orders out same day with this system.
- Employee efficiency has gone up tenfold. Sales/client service teams are able to find customers quickly in the system and add new customers very quickly.
- The ability to work with Magento. Our on-line orders move seamlessly through Brightpearl.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?