Mainly it helps to account for revenue by multiple channels and track …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of QuickBooks Commerce (formerly TradeGecko), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- View stock levels in real-time as sales and purchase orders are tracked.
- Automatically create purchase orders, sales orders, and invoices, tracking stock movement across all channels.
- Sync stock movements across Shopify, WooCommerce, Bigcommerce, Magento, and Amazon.
- Track multiple warehouses, taxes and locations.
- Manage multiple currencies and sales channels.
- Push invoices, income/sales, purchases, payments, cost of goods sold and all inventory assets to Xero and QuickBooks.
- Create customized storefronts with the B2B eCommerce Platform.
- Use the TradeGecko for Sales app on iOS.
- Supported: Inventory Management
- Supported: Supply Chain Management
- Supported: Automates demand forecasting and inventory optimization
- Supported: Integrates with multiple sales channels
- Supported: Manages inventory and orders from all sales channels through one central hub
- Supported: Automatically updates stock levels whenever sales are made
- Supported: Manages multiple warehouses efficiently
- Supported: Integrates with Xero and Quickbooks to manage accounting
- Supported: Integrates with ShipStation and ShipIT to manage fulfillment
- Supported: Private B2B eCommerce portal enables wholesale online
- Supported: TradeGecko for Sales on iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch enables wholesale on-the-go
- Supported: Real-time analytics and reporting
Watch Want to manage inventory in Shopify? TradeGecko's Inventory Management Software allows you to seamless synchronize your Shopify inventory with all of your other sales channels and accounting platforms at the click of a button.
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS|
|Supported Countries||United States, United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Asia Pacific, Europe|
- Tracks sales orders.
- Keeps all apps in one place.
- Makes it easy to look up customers/clients.
- I don't see anything that they need to improve on right now.
Mainly it helps to account for revenue by multiple channels and track inventory in multiple locations. This was the primary reason we switched to it. Also, we were planning to use a b2b portal.
- Track inventory at multiple locations
- Record revenue by multiple sales channels
- - Couldn't integrate with existing QBO account. Had to set up a new QBO account and transfer all data, create lots of journal entries - was very time-consuming and labor-intensive. Caused some financial discrepancies to resolve.
- - Have to process returns on Amazon and Shopify orders manually
- - Tax-inclusive is not allowed - European sales are tax inclusive - can't import order with VAT included. Looks like the software is suitable for US only. Have to create such orders manually in Commerce and then manual journal entries in QBO
- - Supports accrual accounting method only. In cash - it's a mess
- - Support - not knowledgeable enough - I could only call for support (now they have chat) and they always had to get with the back-end and every call was not less than 1 hour. At the end I would get a link for the training materials
- - Inventory not synching timely sometimes - I have a screenshot proving that inventory on our Amazon account was 0 but Commerce still had quantities, I had to manually press synch
- - Shipping line from Shopify orders is not coded to Shipping income account but goes together with Sales of product income account
- - When partial of the PO is received, not able to create a bill for the partial. There're only 2 settings: either bill created at the time of PO creation (for the whole PO amount - which increases your AP right away) or at the time the whole PO received. It works only when PO is shipped as a whole.
- Multi-currency support
- Integration with Xero
- Multi-warehouse support
- Internet-based solution
- Reporting - some reports are counter intuitive and difficult to customise
- Speed - sometimes some simple processes take too long
- Integration with Xero - some integration options are a little clunky and could be improved
- Shopify integration
- Manage product bundles
- Merchandise classification: variants and components
- Manage multiple price lists
- Automate purchase ordering
- Automate backorders
- The manufacturing dashboard isn't as good as Katana MRP, for example.
- No built in POS.
- Shopify integration doesn't work properly.
- Reporting is dysfunctional.
TradeGecko (with the exception of Amazon) receives the orders, invoices and maintains the perpetual inventory. It maintains all the relationships, billing and shipping info for suppliers and customers (either consumer or business). For Amazon, it just maintains perpetual inventory.
TradeGecko also handles the piping of orders, payments,etc. to Xero. It has a report section that has gotten better over the last year.
- Interface with WooCommerce.
- Interface with Xero.
- Maintain Perpetual Inventory (less than 0.001% difference in value of inventory in TG and Xero).
- Works with ShipStation extremely well.
- Works with major EDI vendors (with reservations).
- It doesn't handle salespeople (we're not talking commissions, just a field for salespeople).
- It doesn't have credit limit checking.
- They have an issue with sales tax (recalcuating tax on API feeds where tax has already been calculated).
- There B2B needs a lot more functionality, but it does work.
- If you use the B2B and you get a return, they only have credit card refunds capability of all or nothing - totally unrealistic.
You need to be very good with excel since you are able to upload and modify most files, which gives you major control over your data. They however need to modify the way in which new inventory items get loaded, as it is quite awkward if you use variants.
'Reports' as has been described prior has improved dramatically and most if not all can be downloaded in CSV/Excel format. This allows you to build your own reports with the data from the system.
If your business is very complex in nature, TradeGecko probably isn't the system for you. If you are doing thousands of transactions a day, again this is not the system. However, if you are a small to smaller mid-sized business, the system, its cost and the 3rd party applications make it worth a first second and third look.