Likelihood to Recommend
Freshchat is great if you don't want to spend additional time and money in setting up separate chat software for your team to use. The FAQs and canned responses are already integrated seamlessly. Additionally, agents can create their own private canned responses which my team loved. However, the inconsistent notifications and not being able to use it in Safari were no-gos for us. If a company had PCs only and didn't mind the inconsistent notifications, it would be alright for them.
- Integrates with Freshdesk FAQs you've already created.
- Integrates with canned responses you've already created.
- Has a similar user experience to Freshdesk.
- Inconsistent notifications - the chat notification works intermittently for agents. They don't always know they have a chat or that a customer responded.
- Does not work in Safari browser. When I discussed with their support, they said just use another browser.
- It is supposed to distribute chats based on ticket load, but it did not seem to do this fairly.
SnapEngage and LiveChat are both superior products to Freshchat. We actually decided to discontinue using Freshchat and go with another product that was more consistent with load balancing and notifications. Additionally, all other chat software we tested had more customizable features than Freshchat offered. Freshchat's only advantage was being built into Freshdesk.
Return on Investment
- Our customers love being able to live chat instead of call. This saves time.
- Customers were frustrated when we didn't respond quickly due to the lack of notifications.
- We did receive 55 positive surveys during the time we utilized chat.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
1. per Agent
Freshchat Editions & Modules
1. Per Agent