Likelihood to Recommend
It works best for real time customer relations and monitoring. For historic data use it with another tool. Other than that it is an amazingly easy to use, and to set up tool. Once you start using it, you will never go back.
Free services provide a wonderful resource for people on tight budgets. If willing to put forth work in data managing/analysis and If basic high traffic information or drilling down specific users in low traffic situations is needed, then StatCounter may fit your needs. If automation and low overhead are a high priority then some more expensive packages can provide the same and more information with less hassle. Because StatCounter is free, there is low risk to see if StatCounter works in your specific usage scenario.
- Support - These guys are super quick at getting back to you when you need help and always friendly
- Live stats - GoSquared is addictive, it offers detailed information about visitors to your pages in realtime, you'll be watching the dashboard for hours!
- Ease of use - From the guided setup to the usability of the dashboard GoSquared is really straightforward
- I can visit my site in real time showing pages visited and the duration of the visit.
- It shows very detailed data on where visitors came from.
- I could monitor the performance of campaigns in real-time as visitors came to my site from a promotion.
- Notifications don't seem to work very well
- Dashboard likes to re-set itself even when it was arranged & saved previously
- Weekly/ Monthly/ Yearly absolute numbers
- I would like to see our referral traffic ranked in order of most to least. I'm not sure if this function exists already, but if it does, I do not know how to do it.
- Maybe put the average time on site on the same chart as the visitors and page views graphs.
- I feel as though some tasks can be streamlined, but this is not just unique to statcounter but to other analytics sites I've used. But people like digging really deep into the data, but for people like me who use it for one purpose, a shorter one-stop-shop version would be nice. Like one page where everything can be seen.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 12 answers
Not only does the GoSquared application work well, the GoSquared team is constantly making improvements. When I first started using GoSquared, they only offered daily reporting -- now they offer the weekly and monthly feature per popular request. I like that they are always updating the look and feel of the website and emails they send to maintain a modern look. GoSquared is easy to implement and easy to use!
Based on 7 answers
I have not had any issues with malfunctions when using statcounter, so that would lead me to continue using the program. I would like to see more social media measuring tools, but again, we don't use the program to dig really deep. We're just looking to figure out who is reading what articles on our website are the most liked. And it helps lead our editorial team in the right direction.
Based on 2 answers
GoSquared makes it easy to get started, providing everything you need to integrate the code into your site and start seeing and analyzing data
Based on 1 answer
Based on 2 answers
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
I have evaluated other products but as GoSquared is presenting Live Data this really is most useful, I don't have much of a requirement to see what a potential customer did yesterday. I need to know what my potential customer sitting on the website right now is looking to purchase, and for this GoSquared works.
Manager in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 201-500 employees
Wish StatCounter had a more comprehensive report feature comparable to Google Analytics. I feel StatCounter is easier to use and to understand when compared to Google. Some people prefer Google Analytics, but it provides so much more information that the average person really needs. It meets basic needs. If you are looking for something more robust and high level of detail, I would recommend Google Analytics instead
Engineer in EngineeringBuilding Materials Company, 1001-5000 employees
Return on Investment
- GoSquared helps us to react quickly to high volumes of traffic, and allows us to identify very quickly how engaging our content is
- Using browser specs helps us to ensure our websites are compatible with as many of our customers as possible, rather than relying on generic global stats
- StatCounter enabled us to track what works and doesn't work with regards to driving web traffic. On a personal use level, StatCounter enabled me to gauge how much additional effort I needed to make to reach the traffic levels needed on my website.
Manager in MarketingMarketing and Advertising Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
GoSquared Editions & Modules
|GoSquared Free - Access to the Now and Trends realtime web analytics dashboard.||$01|
|GoSquared Analytics - Everything included in free plus premium analytics features.||$291|
|GoSquared Suite - The most popular GoSquared plan, full access to our real time analytics dashboards, intelligent live chat and customer data hub.||$792|
- Per Month [Unlimited Users]
- Month [Unlimited Users]
Additional Pricing DetailsGoSquared Free, track up to 1000 pageviews a month. GoSquared Analytics, track up to 100k pageviews a month with pricing starting at £29/month. GoSquared Suite, track up to 100k pageviews a month with pricing starting at £79/month.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
StatCounter Editions & Modules