Likelihood to Recommend
Well suited for storing passwords used for business purposes that require additional security above and beyond browser password storage. It's also convenient for sharing passwords across a team or a company. It would be less suitable for storing only personally used passwords (even for business purposes) due to the extra setup required. (Although if you use the passwords in a variety of applications, it would still be an improvement.)
- KeePass offers us a simple to use interface to store our passwords in a centralized location.
- I particularly like the fact that it allows you to obfuscate the username/password.
- The feature for copy/paste the credentials is also a very handy ability that helps to save us time.
- The ability to include URL and expiration dates is also great to have.
- It also has an option to randomly-generate passwords for you.
Analyst in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Keepass is kept locally on your computer. It takes a cloud service in order to keep it current on multiple computers.
- Some websites do not work with the autofill feature in KeePass. Instead, you will find yourself on the reset password page. KeePass doesn't try to read the website before it pushes the autofill data.
- The file on your computer is encrypted, but it is local and fairly easy to find on your computer.
Based on 6 answers
I have almost never had to contact support. This product has a wide community, a very expansive documentation/forum site where generally any question/issue already has an answer/fix or explanation/workaround, or plans for improvement in a future version. On the occasions that I have reached out, answers were fairly quick, useful, and respectful.
Professional in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 10,001+ employees
KeePass is open source, it's free, and it offers local storage of your database(s) with a variety of encryption protocols
Team Lead in OtherConsumer Electronics Company, 201-500 employees
Return on Investment
- Positive. All of our usernames and passwords for service accounts are in one convenient location.
- Positive. The ability to organize everything into separate locations/folders is great.
- Positive. Password generator makes it easy for us to generate a secure password for our accounts.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?