What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
I think slack is great for smaller teams. In a larger setting, I would be worrisome that it would devolve into a cacophony of noise. This could also be overwhelming to some individuals.I'm involved in several other slack groups in the coding community and they can get rather busy quite quickly. Since our company is somewhat small, I feel like it fits us pretty well and remains manageable and easy to keep up with.
By the Book, Inc (Software For Churches/NonProfits)Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
Feature Rating Comparison
Visual planning tools
Integrates with GoToMeeting
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts
Integrates with Outlook
Advanced security features
Integrates with Google Drive
- Keeps project conversations localized and easy to find. The channels are able to be search so you can find older things that were said before you joined the channel or something you need to refresh yourself on.
- Has some voice calling too so that if you're not able to explain your message well enough through the text, you can call the person directly from Slack on your computer or mobile app. Great for remote workers to feel like they are still connected.
- Has some fun features like bots for birthday reminders, emoji's and gif images to share.
- The app works great, allowing you to jump between different Slack teams very easily and notice when there are notifications that you haven't seen access teams and channels.
Business Development Representative
CleverTapComputer Software, 11-50 employees
- A better search feature to find things across numerous channels more efficiently.
- I do not know anything about the pricing, but it isn't free.
- The only other con I can think of is that it doesn't have (I don't believe) a voice to text feature to be able to respond quicker while on the go.
Head of Analytics
Punchkick Interactive Inc.Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 6 answers
Slack sitll lacks in functionality. It's better than Skype for Business in many ways, but it is still another chat/message board app. It has limits in free version and paid versions. Also Windows app has errors that bother me, for example, I see number on one of my team's icons. It suggests that one of channels has unread messages; I check all channels - no unread messages, but that "1" still appears
TMP WorldwideMarketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees
Based on 7 answers
The system does seem to hang quite a bit, completely unrelated to my internet connection, which can get a little annoying when you are in the middle of a conversation and cannot respond and the conversation moves on without you or creates a lull in the discussion that gets everyone off topic.
Manager, Marketing Operations
BeQuick Software, Inc.Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
Slack is definitely the marketplace leader for chat / digital communication. Overall Slack has done a very good job of making communication and collaboration easy and non-disruptive. The biggest feature that sets Slack apart from the other tools is the clean interface and automated Slack Bots. We evaluated HipChat as an alternative due to Slack's much higher per user price tag, but found the interface to be less refined and missed the Slack Bots.
Business Intelligence Engineer
ExperticityMarketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
Return on Investment
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?