Reviews (1-2 of 2)
"Absolute Review: "A Healthcare solution that needs to be strongly considered on portable devices containing Electronic Medical Records, Personal Health Information or Personal Privacy Information”"
- Absolute can track devices in real time. If a device is stolen, you can track it. You can lock the device, wipe it or send a message to it. By tracking the device, you can also locate the user that has the device if it is in their possession. You can use it to track your people if you choose, but we use it only to locate an employee if they have not been heard from and have not replied to a cell phone call or text.
- Once Absolute is set up it requires no intervention. Setup is easy and the management interface is easy to use.
- It has the ability to track on Google Map with recent and historical locations. Geofences can be setup and triggered to send email alerts.
- Absolute reporting on the device provides OS information, software inventory, malware software reporting, etc.
- It protects itself from being removed with its’ persistence technology, which keeps it from being removed from the device, even if the device is reformatted and reloaded.
- The reporting capability on the devices provides a lot of information on each device that can be very useful in monitoring devices that are typically detached from the network.
- I do not know where I would consider this product to be deficient in functionality, difficult to use or any major changes that needed to be addressed.
- I wish the pricing of this product was a little lower, but I do think it is well worth the cost and consideration, especially if you are using it on devices containing electronic medical records, personal health information or personal privacy information.
I set up geofences for our school buildings and alerts, so even if our staff did not report an asset stolen (student computer), we would receive an alert that a computer had left without permission. A police report could be filed and recovery could begin. We were also able to lock and display messages remotely in the case a computer was not actually stolen, the end user could call the number on the screen and it was a quick process to verify the user and unlock the machine. We recovered multiple assets and disrupted the theft that was occurring and have significantly decreased missing inventory.
We were also able to set alerts for staff machines in case of theft and system changes and remotely wipe sensitive data. I was very happy with the product and it achieved the goals of the roll out.
- I tracked a stolen computer all the way to Africa from USA and disabled it.
- I set up geofences with alerts. As soon as a computer got a wifi connection outside of our fences it would email me its current location.
- Absolute's persistent technology was helpful. -Even when a pawn shop would attempt to "wipe" a device before getting it online, as soon as it got online it notified me of the OS re-installation and current location. We could call authorities and they could recover the device for us. And they were happy it made their job easier and deterred the pawn shop from reselling stolen devices.
- I never ran into a case where Absolute needed to be improved. In our case our devices did not have cellular service so we had to wait for wifi to be accessed.
Absolute Scorecard Summary
Absolute is an adaptive endpoint security solution. It provides users with a persistent connection to all of their endpoints and the data they contain.
The vendor says, by maintaining a two-way connection with each device, users have the insight they need to assess risk and apply remote security measures so they can protect each endpoint and the sensitive data it contains. This insight is delivered through a cloud-based console that requires no additional IT infrastructure.
Absolute Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Absolute Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Turkish, Portugese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)|