- Financial budgeting (6)8.585%
- Management reporting (5)7.777%
- Forecasting (5)6.060%
- Scenario modeling (5)4.747%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Axiom Software by Syntellis Performance Solutions, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Their solutions include enterprise planning, cost and decision support, and financial and clinical analytics tools to elevate healthcare organizational performance. Their budgeting, financial planning, and analytics solutions aim to help colleges and universities elevate financial performance. According to the vendor, over 2,800 organizations and 450,000 individuals are active users, and higher education institutions use Axiom software to manage nearly $60 billion in revenue and $100 billion in endowments. Banks, credit unions, and farm credit associations using Axiom solutions to manage nearly $1 trillion in assets.
Axiom Software is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Syntellis Performance Solutions (formerly Kaufman Hall Software).
- Supported: Long-term financial planning
- Supported: Financial budgeting
- Supported: Forecasting
- Supported: Scenario modeling
- Supported: Management reporting
- Supported: Financial data consolidation
- Supported: Local and consolidated reporting
- Supported: Detailed Audit Trails
- Supported: Financial Statement Reporting
- Supported: Management Reporting
- Supported: Excel-based Reporting
- Supported: Automated board and financial reporting
- Supported: XBRL support for regulatory filing
- Supported: Personalized dashboards
- Supported: Color-coded scorecards
- Supported: KPIs
- Supported: Cost and profitability analysis
- Supported: Key Performance Indicator setting
- Supported: Benchmarking with external data
- Supported: Flat file integration
- Supported: Excel data integration
- Supported: Direct links to 3rd-party data sources
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||70%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Mobile Web|
Microsoft Power BI
SAP BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation)
Wolters Kluwer CCH® Tagetik
Microsoft BI (MSBI)
Oracle Cloud EPM
Microsoft Dynamics AX (Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations), discontinued
- Data analysis
- Customer services
- Data migration
- Value for money
- Overall Features
- Performance Reporting
- Customer Support
- Implementation is quite Complex and requires both IT and Financial buy-in
- Reporting solution has some learning curve for end users
- Calculation methods within reporting can be opaque and hard to trace
- Financial statements
- Budgeting planning
- Drill downs
- Customer service
- Cost accounting knowledge
- Update support
- Costing steps missing from process guide
- Taking responsibility
- Extremely flexible and dynamic allowing for customizations that align with our business needs
- The database structure within Axiom allows us to create custom tables for adhoc data analysis
- The processing time of Axiom (daily imports, monthly imports, Budgeting processes) are extremely favorable allowing us to cut our budget cycle time in half compared to our previous system.
- The learning curve of their buildout of reporting is a bit confusing and definitely has some room for improvement. Once the concepts are learned and adapted, the reporting is extremely powerful.
- Technical Support. The Technical Support team is extremely knowledgeable and they always resolve our issues in a timely fashion, however; the issue is getting a hold of a real person. Axiom relies heavily on email correspondence with support which lags the overall effectiveness, especially in urgent cases.
- detailed labor charges/planning
- real time updating of information in tool
- report development. standard reporting
- testing revisions/enhancements prior to deliver to client
- Compared to a previous EPM we used, Axiom's template load and saving performance has been much better even for large plan files.
- Axiom consultants can create completely customized reports for any of the collected data. Super users within your organization can then fairly easily modify their work to create additional reports without Axiom's help (and invoices)
- Setting up user security is a fairly easy one-time task and very easy to maintain when people change departments, leave the organization, etc. I would recommend you use role-based security settings.
- Compared to our previous EPM, Axiom allows more customization and possibilities for templates. There's very few "the product can't do that" statements.
- Unfortunately, Axiom only assigned two implementation consultants to our massive project and both were completely new to the product and inexperienced.
- This isn't really a fault of Axiom, but your organization's data has to be perfect before implementing Axiom. You need a strong project manager within your organization to take the lead in working with Axiom. They should be very familiar with the source data and what's important to all your internal stakeholders. The Axiom team needs to be clearly told exactly what you need from them.
- We never truly felt confident anyone from Axiom was really familiar with the source tables and data being used. I would suggest in any project they make that a priority early on. Not being familiar with the data caused a list of issues regarding reporting and template construction.